Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Idea for Wizard101 Halloween 2012

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
Wizard101 Name: Fiona Icecrafter

Morganthe uses her evil web of darkness to bring out the darkest side of Halloween ever, by casting a spell on Wizard City! Making the sky turn dark and all areas become infected with her dark magic. The result, all the wizard professors flee to the outside of their schools for darkness has taken over their classrooms (which makes them accessible for those who can learn new spells and have quest involving the teachers).

The Headmaster has suddenly become evil by the spell that Morganthe has cast, and the task is for the Wizards to go through her web of darkness to find the Headmaster, through the many parts of Wizard City, and halfway through the quests they run into Malistaire only to find he has been put under a spell as well, to be turned good. He temporarily takes the place of the Headmaster as the Wizards continue to search for the Headmaster.

It goes on to finding a castle, dungeon, within Wizard city that adjusts to the level of a specific Wizard range (Easy lvl 10 – 30, Medium lvl 30 – 60, Hard lvl 60 – 80.) And it goes on with having to fight about 6-8 different floors before they reach the top and meet the Headmaster and are forced to battle him to break the spell and return everything as it once was. In addition to that Malistaire appears after they defeat the Headmaster only in angst that he won’t leave Wizard City, and the Wizards must also fight Malistaire to break the spell that is on him too, once beaten Malistaire ends up fleeing in fear.

After defeating Malistaire, Morganthe appears in fury and states she won’t stop at this, for she will try again and next time she will try to outsmart the Wizards.

This was an idea that came to me in a dream, and I thought it would be an interesting take on the game; bringing new players, intriguing current players, and bring back some of the older players. I hope you all at least consider the idea and contact me in regards to it.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Wow. WOW! This is a great hallowe'en idea for this year. The only flaw I can see is that most wizards [that haven't defeated Malistaire] might not know about Morganthe.

I'm not sure if they will go any farther than extra decorations and a couple dungeons/crowns items, but this would be really nice.

I would really like to see this in the Spiral... Great idea!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
This is a cool idea, though I agree with the previous poster that it might kill the game for those who don't know the plot. That said, maybe it could go like this:

Easy (1-30): Ambrose only
Hard (31-59): Ambrose, maybe Malistaire too
Horrible (60-80): Ambrose, Malistaire, and Morganthe

I'm level 80, so I'm totally not looking forward to that match-up. There'd have to be some pretty sick rewards, if I was going to take time out of my day to do this... gold, rare items, and maybe NPC costumes~ some suggestions for those:

Good guys:

Ambrose
Ravenwood profs.
Dworgyn
Alhazred
Zeke
Eloise

Bad guys:

Morganthe
Malistaire
Mithraya
Meowiarty
Mika Skarka
Nightshade
Krokopatra
Kagemoosha

Neutral:

Sylvia Drake
Gloria Krendell
Harold Argleston
Gamma
School minions

Feel free to keep adding, guys~ I'm too lazy to think of any more, since all of those M names just made my brain asplode. :P

Great idea, though!

-Laura/Shadowsong/Veebz

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Survivor
May 22, 2009
My idea is that we do a halloween that celebrates all the worlds. Maybe create a world that is only opened on holidays. It could have 10 sections each a lot like the true world. The story is that great figures of the spiral have been captured by an evil villian, not the known one Morganthe, but a new one. I don't have a name for her yet, but she want to destroy the Sprial and she is Morganthe's sister, but she wants to rule the Sprial first. They go from the hardest world to the easiest, but on this world the Avalon is the easiest while Wizard City is the hardest. Maybe some the kidnaped people are Merle Ambrose, Shalek the Wise, Sherlock Bones, the Emporeor of Mooshu, and people from the other worlds.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
Awesome idea! I think KingsIsle should take it into consideration for next Halloween

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
conno365 wrote:
Sorry this unoriginal.

What exactly is unoriginal..?

Defender
May 19, 2012
If Merle Ambrose was able to be subdued enough to kidnap him, being the wizard of all wizard's, what makes anyone think that we, mere students, could win this fight? I don't think it's logical to assume that Merle Ambrose would get kidnapped. The other instructors, maybe, but again, they are quite a bit more powerful than their students, so it still seems a bit far-fetched in my opinion. Now if some of their other students were kidnapped, and we went on a rescue mission to save them, that makes more sense to me.

I would actually like to see something more humorous, while yet ghoulish. I know some of the things in this game have made me laugh, like the gobbler king and his message demanding the surrender of Wizard City.

The spell that comes with the snowball pet made me crack up the first time I saw it. It was funny seeing all those snowballs bouncing all over the place then smashing into the monsters one at a time, although I thought they should have smashed into the monsters all at once and seen all the monsters fall flat on their face at the same time. Now that would have definitely made it funny, hehe.

Maybe instead of your normal battles, the spell animations could be changed.

Surprise! Surprise! Instead of throwing molten rocks at monsters when a fire wizard casts meteor strike, a pinata bursts open and confetti and pieces of halloween candy fly out.

Instead of a tidal wave when a storm wizard casts tempest, the monsters are buried under a pile of redi-whip (for those who don't know what this is, it's whipped cream inside an aerosol can to make decorative swirls of whipped cream on top of cupcakes and pies and such) and jack o'lantern sprinkles on top.

Instead of power nova flying at each monster one at a time, smashing them in the face, the flaming ball could look like a jack o'lantern with a big grin on it's face, and it could spout a fountain of flaming ghouls out onto the monsters from it's mouth.

When a life wizard casts centaur, instead of a centaur, out pops a wee little marshmallow puff over a fire, which then causes it to bloat larger and larger, as it's skin turns from white to black, then it explodes, splashing marshmallow all over the monsters.

The list could go on and on as to what spells would be affected, and whether it would be a random effect or would affect the spell always throughout the month of October, and what the effects would be to each spell affected.

This post is meant to augment the OP's first post, rather than a completely different suggestion entirely. I like his idea, just not that Merle Ambrose and/or the other instructors get kidnapped. Now if Duncan Grimwater and/or Nolan Stormgate were to get kidnapped, that would be awesome. :P

Defender
May 19, 2012
If Merle Ambrose was able to be subdued enough to kidnap him, being the wizard of all wizard's, what makes anyone think that we, mere students, could win this fight? I don't think it's logical to assume that Merle Ambrose would get kidnapped. The other instructors, maybe, but again, they are quite a bit more powerful than their students, so it still seems a bit far-fetched in my opinion. Now if some of their other students were kidnapped, and we went on a rescue mission to save them, that makes more sense to me.

I would actually like to see something more humorous, while yet ghoulish. I know some of the things in this game have made me laugh, like the gobbler king and his message demanding the surrender of Wizard City.

The spell that comes with the snowball pet made me crack up the first time I saw it. It was funny seeing all those snowballs bouncing all over the place then smashing into the monsters one at a time, although I thought they should have smashed into the monsters all at once and seen all the monsters fall flat on their face at the same time. Now that would have definitely made it funny, hehe.

Maybe instead of your normal battles, the spell animations could be changed.

Surprise! Surprise! Instead of throwing molten rocks at monsters when a fire wizard casts meteor strike, a pinata bursts open and confetti and pieces of halloween candy fly out.

Instead of a tidal wave when a storm wizard casts tempest, the monsters are buried under a pile of redi-whip (for those who don't know what this is, it's whipped cream inside an aerosol can to make decorative swirls of whipped cream on top of cupcakes and pies and such) and jack o'lantern sprinkles on top.

Instead of power nova flying at each monster one at a time, smashing them in the face, the flaming ball could look like a jack o'lantern with a big grin on it's face, and it could spout a fountain of flaming ghouls out onto the monsters from it's mouth.

When a life wizard casts centaur, instead of a centaur, out pops a wee little marshmallow puff over a fire, which then causes it to bloat larger and larger, as it's skin turns from white to black, then it explodes, splashing marshmallow all over the monsters.

The list could go on and on as to what spells would be affected, and whether it would be a random effect or would affect the spell always throughout the month of October, and what the effects would be to each spell affected.

This post is meant to augment the OP's first post, rather than a completely different suggestion entirely. I like his idea, just not that Merle Ambrose and/or the other instructors get kidnapped. Now if Duncan Grimwater and/or Nolan Stormgate were to get kidnapped, that would be awesome. :P

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
Stephan1013 wrote:
Wizard101 Name: Fiona Icecrafter

Morganthe uses her evil web of darkness to bring out the darkest side of Halloween ever, by casting a spell on Wizard City! Making the sky turn dark and all areas become infected with her dark magic. The result, all the wizard professors flee to the outside of their schools for darkness has taken over their classrooms (which makes them accessible for those who can learn new spells and have quest involving the teachers).

The Headmaster has suddenly become evil by the spell that Morganthe has cast, and the task is for the Wizards to go through her web of darkness to find the Headmaster, through the many parts of Wizard City, and halfway through the quests they run into Malistaire only to find he has been put under a spell as well, to be turned good. He temporarily takes the place of the Headmaster as the Wizards continue to search for the Headmaster.

It goes on to finding a castle, dungeon, within Wizard city that adjusts to the level of a specific Wizard range (Easy lvl 10 – 30, Medium lvl 30 – 60, Hard lvl 60 – 80.) And it goes on with having to fight about 6-8 different floors before they reach the top and meet the Headmaster and are forced to battle him to break the spell and return everything as it once was. In addition to that Malistaire appears after they defeat the Headmaster only in angst that he won’t leave Wizard City, and the Wizards must also fight Malistaire to break the spell that is on him too, once beaten Malistaire ends up fleeing in fear.

After defeating Malistaire, Morganthe appears in fury and states she won’t stop at this, for she will try again and next time she will try to outsmart the Wizards.

This was an idea that came to me in a dream, and I thought it would be an interesting take on the game; bringing new players, intriguing current players, and bring back some of the older players. I hope you all at least consider the idea and contact me in regards to it.
I think that you should turn evil temporary and go trick or treating
and maybe the teachers could turn like you so people who need to get spells will be able to get some spells and malistare should be controlled since he understood his madness. (Not an idea just a thing probably to add on to yours this is great)

Thomas StormLeaf
Onwards libby my judgement pet!