Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just to let you know KI...

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Hoard Packs: People say that they are dumb. Why? They are special. Dragons Viglant Robe made a diffrence. Oh look Greenwardens boots made a diffrence. And ravens made a diffrence. But I am glad your making these but spells really? I only liked the ranked 5 ones but I do like deer knight but not enough for me because I am balance. Example, new people will use them in PVP. If I had them, I would use them in PVE. Seriously KI I like the gear that you released but the spells are getting out of hand. I havent bought one of them yet since I am saving money since I just bought the Majestic Bundle. But thank you for your packs but the new ones might go like "Mooooom, me want crowns so I can get mount/(spell, wand, gear, etc)" This is just wasting money. Just buy 10 dollar crowns and see if you get anything, NOTHING. But please can we wait another 6 months for a pack? We aready had one and its stressing our money. I have like coins now in my bank. No joke. Hopefully, people will leave because of hoard packs. Just please I want packs with mounts, mega snacks, reagents, ANYTHING EXECPT SPELLS! But wow KI. Really dissapointed in you for making packs with spells. I think there should be diffrent ones. LIKE TREASTURE CARDS??!?!?!?!
Just putting my 5 cents in. ~Wolf Strongshield
P.S Please, we want regular ones. Regular ones with mounts, (like hydra)

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I hope you were there to witness the uproar that followed the release of the Ninja hoard packs. Because you are definitely not alone. There are LOTS of people that agree with you, and me.

In response to that uproar, KI made those 3 Ninja lore spells available as monster drops from bosses.

BUT, those new Knight's Lore spells are available for crafting. I am not entirely sure what the crafting level requirement is, but I HOPE it is not the maximum. Because if I have to go through the Jungle drum quest again, I don't know what I am going to do with myself.

In Avalon, in the Wyrd, there is a trainer that sells the recipe for those 3 new spells. And maybe, I hope, they will release those 3 new spells as monster drops from bosses, much like they had done with the Ninja Lore spells.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
I like the packs makes the game fun and all gives the game more gear to pick from, So what if it has spells in it made for the gear that's what adds to it makes things more fun who wants the same old things over and over again change is good :) Gold can be used for many other things like pet breeding and buying snacks and many other things in game any things out of the crown shop. Anyway i guess not everyone feels the same but i really like the packs and the gear from it :) sorry if this not what you want to hear, Just my two cents on it.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
i completely agree with you and all the others. it was difficult enough when a treasure card fifty levels higher than my charactors were used against me but thes spells have crossed the line. KI is just getting greedy now that the game has grown. I believe that packs were a way to make the buyers happier with the game, not for the others to pay for not getting one.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I just cannot see why people are so upset that a spell that is available in game is put into a card pack.
I said in another thread, some people have time to play for hours a day. Others do not.
It always seems to me that people are angry about something that they worked on will be available for "free" in a card pack. Well, it is not free at all. Just as some cannot take the time to run WW or ToH over and over again, many people cannot constantly farm for amber dust/garden for amber.
KI is trying to accommodate as many player's as possible.

It always seems that people are upset about things that negatively impact them, but are perfectly fine with something as long as it benefits them. Take for example your vigilant robe. Certainly there are players who are upset because they spent hours farming a certain boss for a special drop, and now you can get one for "free" in a pack.

The sword cuts both ways.

There is an old saying that time=money. Well look at the inverse, money=time. Some might not have the time to craft/farm because they used their time to make money elsewhere. Every time they buy a card pack, that represents their time. The same time that is spent by others farming for the same thing. In reality, both ways to what you want involve spending time. Let's just be fair to both of them.
Just my 2c.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
pods1973 wrote:
I just cannot see why people are so upset that a spell that is available in game is put into a card pack.
I said in another thread, some people have time to play for hours a day. Others do not.
It always seems to me that people are angry about something that they worked on will be available for "free" in a card pack. Well, it is not free at all. Just as some cannot take the time to run WW or ToH over and over again, many people cannot constantly farm for amber dust/garden for amber.

It always seems that people are upset about things that negatively impact them, but are perfectly fine with something as long as it benefits them. Take for example your vigilant robe. Certainly there are players who are upset because they spent hours farming a certain boss for a special drop, and now you can get one for "free" in a pack.

There is an old saying that time=money. Well look at the inverse, money=time. Some might not have the time to craft/farm because they used their time to make money elsewhere. Every time they buy a card pack, that represents their time. The same time that is spent by others farming for the same thing. In reality, both ways to what you want involve spending time. Let's just be fair to both of them.
Just my 2c.

Sorry for a late response but whats WW and ToH?

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
codastar wrote:
pods1973 wrote:

Just my 2c.

Sorry for a late response but whats WW and ToH?

Waterworks and Tower of the Helephant.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Sorry, ToH is the Tower of the Helephant, and WW is Waterworks.
pods

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
WW= Waterworks, a tower in Crab Alley in Wizard City
ToH= Tower of the Helephant, a tower in Wysteria
Both are tough and people play them over for some of the things that may drop there.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
codastar wrote:
Hoard Packs: People say that they are dumb. Why? They are special. Dragons Viglant Robe made a diffrence. Oh look Greenwardens boots made a diffrence. And ravens made a diffrence. But I am glad your making these but spells really? I only liked the ranked 5 ones but I do like deer knight but not enough for me because I am balance. Example, new people will use them in PVP. If I had them, I would use them in PVE. Seriously KI I like the gear that you released but the spells are getting out of hand. I havent bought one of them yet since I am saving money since I just bought the Majestic Bundle. But thank you for your packs but the new ones might go like "Mooooom, me want crowns so I can get mount/(spell, wand, gear, etc)" This is just wasting money. Just buy 10 dollar crowns and see if you get anything, NOTHING. But please can we wait another 6 months for a pack? We aready had one and its stressing our money. I have like coins now in my bank. No joke. Hopefully, people will leave because of hoard packs. Just please I want packs with mounts, mega snacks, reagents, ANYTHING EXECPT SPELLS! But wow KI. Really dissapointed in you for making packs with spells. I think there should be diffrent ones. LIKE TREASTURE CARDS??!?!?!?!
Just putting my 5 cents in. ~Wolf Strongshield
P.S Please, we want regular ones. Regular ones with mounts, (like hydra)

The first thing you said about getting nothing I have to disagree with you. I had created a low level and bought the Hydra Hoard for gear. I got all the gear and the Hydra mount. All in 5 tries. The only thing i didnt get was the wand.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Well, IsaiahCrabbe, you seem to have gotten very lucky with that pack. Good job.