Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 88 Spell Ideas!

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Most of my spell ideas have been bad, as in really bad, but I hope that these ideas would be good? Please be honest, I won't cry over opinions

Fire: Incinerate- 300 Fire damage +750 over 3 rounds, remove all blades, traps, and shields on 1 enemy after the first hit.
Animation: Fire (Kind of like the fire wand) covers around the enemy, hitting him/her, and while it's hitting, the blades,traps, and shields will be breaking, as if incinerating it, and then the fire would explode, leaving a Fire DoT on the target.
Ice: Avalanche- 595 Ice damage on all enemies, then stun for 2 rounds.
Animation: A huge snowy mountain grows in the middle of the battle circle, and then the screen zooms into the peak of the mountain, and a cold breezy passes the snow, then a rumble sound happens, quickly zooming out to show the snow falling to hit the wizard. After all the enemies are hit, stun shields show on the enemy(ies).
Storm: Angry Bolt- 100 Storm damage, then 1000 Storm damage on one enemy.
Animation: Dark clouds form into the sky, then a small yellow bolt strikes the opponent, then a bigger and more fierce, red thunder bolt strikes the enemy hard, being the 1000 damage hit.
Death: Haunt- 200+600 Death damage on enemies, healing half the health to self.
Animation: A group of 3 ghosts swirl around the enemy, zooming into the wizard, and the 3 ghosts swirl around the enemy, going higher and higher up to his/her head, then all 3 go up to the front of the wizard, and run into the wizard, as if going inside of him/her. (Each time the 3 ghosts reappear in the middle of the battle circle) After all of the enemies are hit, a Death DoT shows, it's black, but with the broken heart symbol in the middle, to show that it is a drain spell. (Spells like Triage and Cooldown will work on this spell)
Myth: Cerberus-230,460,640 Myth damage on 1 enemy.
Animation: A 3-headed dog comes through a shadow portal from the earth, leaping out, and right before it lands back onto the ground, the shadow portal goes away, making it land on the ground. Then, each eye of the dog goes red, and it has a green gas floating around each mouth, growling, then 1 head pounds the wizard with its head, then the other head, and then the other, and then the shadowy portal comes again, and the dog leaps back into the hole, and it disappears.
Life: Mischievous Tree- 890 Life damage on one enemy, remove all blades and shields.
Animation: A seed grows from the earth, with birds chirping in the background, and then it rains, and the tree grows quickly, with a big, pointy noise and a mischievous look, and grins, then launches a bunch of coconuts at the wizard, then goes back into the earth.
Balance: Seven Plagues- 180 damage for Fire, Ice, Storm, Myth, Life Death, and Balance on one enemy.
Animation: Fire hits the enemy, Ice chunks hit the enemy, Lightning bolts zap the enemy, Shadowy Skulls fly around the enemy, Books and Myth school symbols fly around the enemy, Leaves and branches pound the enemy, Sand finally hits the enemy.

So, what do you guys think? What's overpowered and underpowered? What do you think should be changed about each spell? I'll take any tips and advice :-) Thanks for reading!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Defender
Jul 17, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
Most of my spell ideas have been bad, as in really bad, but I hope that these ideas would be good? Please be honest, I won't cry over opinions

Fire: Incinerate- 300 Fire damage +750 over 3 rounds, remove all blades, traps, and shields on 1 enemy after the first hit.
Animation: Fire (Kind of like the fire wand) covers around the enemy, hitting him/her, and while it's hitting, the blades,traps, and shields will be breaking, as if incinerating it, and then the fire would explode, leaving a Fire DoT on the target.
Animation: A huge snowy mountain grows in the middle of the battle circle, and then the screen zooms into the peak of the mountain, and a cold breezy passes the snow, then a rumble sound happens, quickly zooming out to show the snow falling to hit the wizard. After all the enemies are hit, stun shields show on the enemy(ies).
Animation: Dark clouds form into the sky, then a small yellow bolt strikes the opponent, then a bigger and more fierce, red thunder bolt strikes the enemy hard, being the 1000 damage hit.
Animation: A group of 3 ghosts swirl around the enemy, zooming into the wizard, and the 3 ghosts swirl around the enemy, going higher and higher up to his/her head, then all 3 go up to the front of the wizard, and run into the wizard, as if going inside of him/her. (Each time the 3 ghosts reappear in the middle of the battle circle) After all of the enemies are hit, a Death DoT shows, it's black, but with the broken heart symbol in the middle, to show that it is a drain spell. (Spells like Triage and Cooldown will work on this spell)
Animation: A 3-headed dog comes through a shadow portal from the earth, leaping out, and right before it lands back onto the ground, the shadow portal goes away, making it land on the ground. Then, each eye of the dog goes red, and it has a green gas floating around each mouth, growling, then 1 head pounds the wizard with its head, then the other head, and then the other, and then the shadowy portal comes again, and the dog leaps back into the hole, and it disappears.
Life: Mischievous Tree- 890 Life damage on one enemy, remove all blades and shields.
Animation: A seed grows from the earth, with birds chirping in the background, and then it rains, and the tree grows quickly, with a big, pointy noise and a mischievous look, and grins, then launches a bunch of coconuts at the wizard, then goes back into the earth.
Balance: Seven Plagues- 180 damage for Fire, Ice, Storm, Myth, Life Death, and Balance on one enemy.
Animation: Fire hits the enemy, Ice chunks hit the enemy, Lightning bolts zap the enemy, Shadowy Skulls fly around the enemy, Books and Myth school symbols fly around the enemy, Leaves and branches pound the enemy, Sand finally hits the enemy.

So, what do you guys think? What's overpowered and underpowered? What do you think should be changed about each spell? I'll take any tips and advice :-) Thanks for reading!

The death and life are WAY underpowered, the myth is overpowered, and most of these ideas are already spells.

Delver
Sep 20, 2009

This is okay, but it would be simpler by saying Remove All Positive Charms and Shields on enemy. But the idea is really unoriginal and plain.

Unoriginal, and I don't think Ice wizards and witches would like this idea. The damage is WAY too low, so low, its not even low. And does Ice really want another stun effect?

The damage is way too weak, since Leviathan does 1050 and this only does 1100 and the spell has no effects. This is also really plain.

This is way too unoriginal. This would be more like a Charm or Utility spell name. The damage is bad because the next Death spell is gonna be a Damage not Drain, because the last spell was Drain.

It would be a real waste to make this because Myth already has Orthrus which is a two headed dog. Cerberus is a three-headed dog and guards the gateway to hell for Hades. The damage is too high anyways.

I don't get this, because Life is more serene and calm, and not mischievous, also the idea is unoriginal. Removing Charms isn't a Life effect either, and the damage is too low.

As a Sorcerer, I wouldn't like this idea at all. Its plain, since plague is a spread of incurable sickness through a speculated area. Also, it would take a long time for this attack to play, and I would want an effect on our next spell.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
This is okay, but it would be simpler by saying Remove All Positive Charms and Shields on enemy. But the idea is really unoriginal and plain.

So, by unoriginal you mean by it's not what Fire does? Hmm, I guess, I tried to make it seem like the charms and wards were getting incinerated, but okay :D

Unoriginal, and I don't think Ice wizards and witches would like this idea. The damage is WAY too low, so low, its not even low. And does Ice really want another stun effect?

It's a little more powerful then Frost Giant, weaker then Snow Angel, but this spell was made for stun effects. Hmm, yeah, I guess because it's 10 pips and Ice's power pip chance, this should be a little more powerful.

The damage is way too weak, since Leviathan does 1050 and this only does 1100 and the spell has no effects. This is also really plain.

Thing is, it's a double hit, and Leviathan isn't, so I'm not sure if I should make it any more powerful, because of how much damage boost Storm already has.

This is way too unoriginal. This would be more like a Charm or Utility spell name. The damage is bad because the next Death spell is gonna be a Damage not Drain, because the last spell was Drain.

Well, to be honest, I'd love to have a spell sort of like this. But I chose to name it 'Haunt' because the DoT 'Haunts' you, so I'm trying to find a few names for it... Might take a while to think of them.

It would be a real waste to make this because Myth already has Orthrus which is a two headed dog. Cerberus is a three-headed dog and guards the gateway to hell for Hades. The damage is too high anyways.

That's exactly where I got Cerberus from Well, since it's a triple hit, it should be weakened, but I'm not sure if Basilisk would be used more then this :? They seem pretty even with their effects.

I don't get this, because Life is more serene and calm, and not mischievous, also the idea is unoriginal. Removing Charms isn't a Life effect either, and the damage is too low.

The damage is more then Gnomes! (The exclamation mark is part of the spell name lol, I'm not yelling at you). But, the Gnomes! was a kind of mischievous spell, and Forest Lord isn't exactly what I'd call... Peaceful. The removing blades was to make Life take less damage then their heals...

As a Sorcerer, I wouldn't like this idea at all. Its plain, since plague is a spread of incurable sickness through a speculated area. Also, it would take a long time for this attack to play, and I would want an effect on our next spell.

Balance's spells never usually had an effect, but, I do agree that this spell would take a long time to be used, I'll try to see if I can change it in any way.