Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Turning a Pet into a Mount

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2009
I think it would be really cool if you could turn a pet (for a certain amount of gold/crowns) into a mount!

Considering this, there are a TON of pets in Wizard101, so maybe make it for level 48,58,68, class pets only (ie. Ice could ride Colossus, Ice Wyvern, and Mammoth)

I would definitely enjoy riding on an Ice Wyvern! And just so you don't lose your wonderful pet abilities, when you go inside or enter a battle, your mount transforms back into a pet.

A good price would
70,000 gold/7,000 crowns for level 48 pets
80,000 gold/8,000 crowns for level 58 pets
90,000 gold/9,000 crowns for level 68 pets.

As overpriced as this seems, think about it. Mounts average from 50,000 gold to 100,000 gold. It would make no sense if you could get these awesome, new mounts for a lower price than a Chestnut Pony.

Blaze Icecloud- Level 60 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
I am with you on that one. At first i thought ( when i was a lvl 3-10 ) that you could. But with death there all ready is a bone dragon. So that would be a big problem for Death Wizards.
But i do like the idea the price is not bad ether.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
I think fire should be able to ride a lava or magma spider. :P :-) :D

The price would be 5,000 gold/50 crowns each.

Each sold seperatly. :) :-) :)

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I love it! I think it would be awesome to ride my Triton through Wizard City. I wonder how the Kraken mount would look... :3

Survivor
Sep 19, 2011
How are you supposed to ride pets like the Earth Walker, Gnome, and Scarecrow.

Are the just going to give you a piggyback. (Wait, that might actually work)

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
or maybe you could train your pet to a new rank called mount you would need 1000 experience

Explorer
Apr 27, 2012
Personally, I think it's a good idea. :D

- Savannah LifeHunter, Level 44 Theurgist

Survivor
Jan 28, 2011
kingdra36 wrote:
I think it would be really cool if you could turn a pet (for a certain amount of gold/crowns) into a mount!

Considering this, there are a TON of pets in Wizard101, so maybe make it for level 48,58,68, class pets only (ie. Ice could ride Colossus, Ice Wyvern, and Mammoth)

I would definitely enjoy riding on an Ice Wyvern! And just so you don't lose your wonderful pet abilities, when you go inside or enter a battle, your mount transforms back into a pet.

A good price would
70,000 gold/7,000 crowns for level 48 pets
80,000 gold/8,000 crowns for level 58 pets
90,000 gold/9,000 crowns for level 68 pets.

As overpriced as this seems, think about it. Mounts average from 50,000 gold to 100,000 gold. It would make no sense if you could get these awesome, new mounts for a lower price than a Chestnut Pony.

Blaze Icecloud- Level 60 Thaumaturge

that sounds totally awesome!!! i wold give any amount of crowns to be able to ride my girrafe (i think i spelled that right) :D :D

Defender
May 21, 2011
i was thinking of this :D i just didn't want to post it. it would have to be certain pets as well, but at least have favorites, like imagine riding on a ninja pig! i reckon they would also have to change the looks or the shape. i also think we should be able to breed mounts.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
About skeletal dragon, it is true that you can buy skeletal dragons with money. While turning a skeletal dragon into a mount may seem pointless for death, there are advantages.

1. Stat boosts! As I mentioned in my earlier post, once you go inside or enter a battle, your mount turns back into a pet. (I forgot to mention this in my first post, but all mounts will will give + 40% speed). Regular Skeletal Dragon mounts only give a speed boost, but the new one could cast a death blade on you or even cast a sprite in battle! Only death can brag about that.

2. Skeletal Dragon Mounts cost crowns. If you are death, you can get them for a lower amount or crowns or just buy them with gold!

Adding on to my first post, we should also be able to ride hybrids! (So for Ice Wyvern, you could ride a Fire Wyvern or a Life Wyvern). That might help make skeletal dragon more unique.

Blaze Icecloud - Level 62 Thaumaturge