Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

May cast Sprite, Ice Blade and Ice Trap

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 31, 2011
I have been training my Ice Wyvern pet, and it learned how to randomly cast Sprite, Ice Blade and then Ice trap. Did I train all this things because my pet has a better chance of getting them all, or was that just lucky?

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
Both. A standard ice wyvern (not the result of hatching with a different pet) has a fixed list of ten talents it can have. Which of those you get from training is random. Getting Spritely among your first three skills is pretty lucky, so are the other two if they're talents you like.

You can see a list of the ten possible talents on fansites, such as here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Ice_Wyvern

Survivor
Jun 28, 2011
Gamester999 wrote:
I have been training my Ice Wyvern pet, and it learned how to randomly cast Sprite, Ice Blade and then Ice trap. Did I train all this things because my pet has a better chance of getting them all, or was that just lucky?

This happened because you have ben training your pet not because you got lucky this also had something to do with the petagree so keep training!!!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Gamester999 wrote:

You are lucky, my husband trained his ScareCrow and it got Spritely, Death Blade and Death Trap, in that order. That will never happen to me on any of my pets.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Gamester999 wrote:

You are lucky! I have NEVER gotten a school pet with decent talents like that. Actually, all my school pets have been so bad that I REFUSE to mix them with any other pet.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 80 Life