Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Give me the PvP low down please.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
I have only tried one ranked match so far.

I'm level 15 balance and was up against level 10 frost.

That guy wiped the floor with me. He was using all kinds of crazy stuff I've never seen before. He took away all my protection spells. He had some kind of hazy black bird pet that was doing things also.

So what just happened? I'm browsing the boards some. Is this all a bunch of special gear for fighting in the arena?

Oh yes - he had a lot more health than me and 5 levels below me.

Thanks for any thoughts on this. Does it come down to the gear? Obviously strategy is important but I know (I think?) if he had similar gear to what I've picked up in the regular game it would have been more of a match.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
cchaves13412 wrote:
I have only tried one ranked match so far.

I'm level 15 balance and was up against level 10 frost.

That guy wiped the floor with me. He was using all kinds of crazy stuff I've never seen before. He took away all my protection spells. He had some kind of hazy black bird pet that was doing things also.

So what just happened? I'm browsing the boards some. Is this all a bunch of special gear for fighting in the arena?

Oh yes - he had a lot more health than me and 5 levels below me.

Thanks for any thoughts on this. Does it come down to the gear? Obviously strategy is important but I know (I think?) if he had similar gear to what I've picked up in the regular game it would have been more of a match.

This is low PvP.

People will use treasure cards and other things to wipe out people who, if they played honestly, would have won the match.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
My advice to you is either find a high ranking pvp friend or play in practice. I don't do low lvl pvp so I am no pro in it but I am aware there is a lot in treasure cards and gear.

I have seen lvl 15s with 35 resistance and damage boosts due to their pet and commander gear. Gear is a huge part of it in low lvl pvp.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
If he had special PvP gear and everything, he must've had a mastery account already, and is PvPing as a new wizard.

& The card that got rid of your protections / shield was shatter, It's 3 Pips, School Of Myth and Removes all Postive Sheilds.

( :

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
Snowyandspots wrote:
My advice to you is either find a high ranking pvp friend or play in practice.

Yes I did practice PvP matches until I was winning multiple times.

This match was nothing like that. I think the people I was against in practice matches had the sort of gear you get in the regular game.

Thanks for all the thoughts. It supports what I think was going on.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
He probably had a higher rank then you so he was stronger. He was probably also using treasure cards. Ice has alot of health when they level so there is nothing wrong with that.

-Savvy DarkHunter Pvp Captain 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Defender
May 15, 2010
Lets see: treasures. Check.
Most likely had a higher wizard considering a level 10 wouldn't have a shadow phoenix under normal circumstances. Check.
Probably had PvP gear. Check.
Ice just has a lot of health. Check.