Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lvl 50 Myth player returning

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
Hi everybody. After a year long break I am back playing and would like to have some suggestions from myth players on a spell book setup. I know alot has changed since I've been away and I have been playing with different book setups. Would like to use a efficient one to solo with. Thanks!!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
icefam23 wrote:
Hi everybody. After a year long break I am back playing and would like to have some suggestions from myth players on a spell book setup. I know alot has changed since I've been away and I have been playing with different book setups. Would like to use a efficient one to solo with. Thanks!!

You may have a few side worlds added since then which you can pick up some added experience from and gear to sell to buy better gear. On my myth level 71 I tend to keep my deck pretty lean, a Sprite, 3 Blades, 2 traps and 3 Humongo Frogs, the rest can be any spares you prefer, I stick a Cyclops Minion in, he seemed to be most useful for me when soloing and for sure during boss battles, 1 blade From Niles, 1 Troll, 1 Cyclops etc. I rely heavily on gear to boost my pips and damage so I can put out a frog every other round now. I do have a spritely pet which does help. At level 50 you are really just getting the power but certainly it is not impossible to solo. Keep experimenting with your cards you will get a combo that fits your play style.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I left before Celestia became live. Currently I am finishing up Dragonspyre quest (on the Drake quest now). I have been looking to buy new gear but noticed that changes have been made to stats like there is a crit stat now. I am exprimenting on deck set ups in that wanting a lean deck but impactful one so I can get through battles quickly.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
icefam23 wrote:
I left before Celestia became live. Currently I am finishing up Dragonspyre quest (on the Drake quest now). I have been looking to buy new gear but noticed that changes have been made to stats like there is a crit stat now. I am experimenting on deck set ups in that wanting a lean deck but impactful one so I can get through battles quickly.

I joined just before CL went live.

Diego on Unicorn Way gives you your first lesson in Critical and block and a helmet to start you off, you should visit him and you can pick up stun block from him because in future worlds it is handy to put out since you will meet many Ice monsters.. Note in early stages you won't be able to get much critical rating but that does raise in mid 50's levels. I crafted gear that was better.

Side worlds may have been added? Crab Alley, Wyesteria which with some duels you get introduced to cheating bosses you will find later in the game, Wintertusk was added to Grizzlehiem (important to complete for your level 58 pet). Pets that used to be just a decoration now have useful talents to help you in duels.

Optional towers have been added, MarleyBone Warehouse - lvl 50, you now just get the key for Celestia so you don't have to do this tower, Helephant Tower - lvl 60, you have to complete Wyesteria. WaterWorks - lvl 60, in Crab Alley is a dungeon that you get a chance for a drop of your lvl 60 gear but you may have to repeat it many times for it. I think BriskBreeze on Colossus Blvd was already there back then. I no longer take these quests because help is hard to find.

The "chance to get" has been raised considerably in all things in the game so look for things to get bumpy when you can't get things you want.