Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

after hearing this from mirriorlake i feltbad

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2011
today i was doing mirror lake and when i got there are 3 guys are standing right there so i thought if i go there we can go beat the dungeon. but when i got there they said that they don't need death, death usless. because they want the "perfect" team which is fire storm life and balance. i felt really bad about it. i know that death don't have good spells and its attack is weak but that does not make death weak. they don't call death "undead" for nothing we take health form other people and heal our selves. ok let's see i do a frankie and it did2000 then i got 1000 health back which is really awesome and crow is boss let's see crow did 1000 to all and there are 4 of them so that means i get 2000health back which is really boss!i don't hvae to waste my train points on life spells anymore. but still i really hope that next time death get a really good attack spell and does to all and is over time like fire dragonand.

a lvl80 death wizard pvp captian
ps: i'll try going for warlord and show them death have warlords too!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Take heart young wizard, your school is one of the best ones going. My other half is a death wizard and we use him as our shield literally. We send him in first on all our battles no matter what they are across the spiral, Wizard City to Avalon and we don't lose. He can take hits well, blade and trap up and get his health right back, how perfect is that. He is our insurance policy that we can pass on much of the damage and defeat things quite quickly - from Wizard City though Avalon we have not been defeated once.

I chose this school for him because it has all good points for a first time player. As I built the wizard up with gear he became quite the fighter and can kill in one hits - he gets a lot of Wows from other wizards. Health and fizzle rate are decent, gear selection is good.

Perfect teams are something that has been going on for some time now - since WaterWorks I would say. Usually these are formed by people who are bored with the game and want to spice it up a bit with a challenge and has nothing to do with you or the school you are.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
gougou101 wrote:
today i was doing mirror lake and when i got there are 3 guys are standing right there so i thought if i go there we can go beat the dungeon. but when i got there they said that they don't need death, death usless. because they want the "perfect" team which is fire storm life and balance. i felt really bad about it. i know that death don't have good spells and its attack is weak but that does not make death weak. they don't call death "undead" for nothing we take health form other people and heal our selves. ok let's see i do a frankie and it did2000 then i got 1000 health back which is really awesome and crow is boss let's see crow did 1000 to all and there are 4 of them so that means i get 2000health back which is really boss!i don't hvae to waste my train points on life spells anymore. but still i really hope that next time death get a really good attack spell and does to all and is over time like fire dragonand.

If they ever say anything like that prove them wrong when battling with them. It'll humble them, might make them politer and it might make you feel better.

There is also the ignore button. Feel free to use it liberally.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
LOL they don't know what they're talking about. It was like that before KI changed it so we didn't have to do the MB warehouse to get into Celestia. Same for Tower of the Helephant. But far as I'm concerned, it really doesn't matter what schools as much as the gameplay and teamwork.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Schools don't reflect the student, the students reflect the school.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Don't worry people who believe any school is inferior to another clearly isn't very good when it comes to the game.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
I have noticed this meanness going on for a long time. I'm a fire, and I understand what you mean by the "perfect team", however, death is one of the best schools ever! Don't let these horribly rude people in the game bring you down. Just today, I wanted to do the waterworks. I joined a group of people and we went in. I friended one, the nicest. They all said I was too weak, and had horrible crit. ratings, and I WAS TOO SLOW! I sadly exited because they left me. I then realized that they were horribly rude teenagers that I shouldn't pay attention to. The one that I friended asked me to do the waterworks again later with our nicer friends, and we had so much fun. So if this happens again, ignore it, and remember you don't have to be a storm to be powerful, you don't have to be a life to be wanted, and you don't have to be rude to be known. :)
Sydney Mistcatcher
Legendary Pyromancer
Catch ya in the spiral! ;)

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
I don't consider that mean since its the persons opinion. Some people want perfect teams which there really isn't. I am death myself and I usually end up as the tank in the party so death is fine how it is.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2012
Personally, I love Death! Feints are extremely helpful, and the spells are really detailed, if you know what I mean. Be proud to be Death! It rocks!!

- Savannah LifeHunter, Level 43 Theurgist

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
gougou101 wrote:

Yes this happens alot expecially when you are one of the so called "weak schools" like ice ,death, and myth. I get that alot being a ice student

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
gougou101 wrote:

There is nothing wrong with death I happen to like death a lot. Don't mind anyone like them, It's more like you don't need them. Ignore them and move on.If you want to go for warlord that's great but play the game the way you like, Not to show someone up. With people like them there is no winner. Btw , there is deaths that are warlords :) if that makes you feel better to know :) Anyway don't let things like that bug you, enjoy yourself and have fun playing the game :) good luck with warlord.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Don't take it personally. Some combinations can run a dungeon a bit faster than others. Either that or they can only make it through with a perfect team.
As for Death being useless, let them think that. We don't need Nightside to get any more crowded!
I see death as being a stronger tank than ice, as we can get hit and hit back without having to take time to heal.
Sure, our spells need boosting to be in the same league as the bigger hitters, but you need a couple rounds to gain pips to cast them anyways. So toss up a couple blades or blade and aura and then toss an enchanted crow.
If you miscalculate and don't take out the mob at least you are starting over with full health?
I have found that with Death, the outcome is almost never in doubt, the only thing that changes is the time it takes to get there.
pods

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
yeah dont pay attention to them! i have a level 80 balance and even though ( in my opinion) balance is the weakest school at hitting, people only want us for our blades. they dont want us cause we can hit hard thats for sure..Usually people wont go in with a group that has more than one balance wizard.. but i dont pay attention to what school people are when we do a tower or anything. As long as it is a nice group I always have fun. you just have to find the right people thats all...P..S. I love death school, i think its awesome!