Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sanctuary and Doom and Gloom

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2012
In pvp many people spam doom and gloom treasure cards when they are winning. This prevents any healers on the other team from being able to heal their teammates well. Doom and Gloom weakens heals so much, healers become virtually useless when it is in play.

To even out the playing field more, I think Doom and Gloom treasures and the actual spell should be changed to -50% to all heals and in return Sanctuary reduced to +30% to all heals. This way healers can still do something for their team when doom and gloom is in play.

Some people think going first in pvp is an advantage. Going first becomes less of an advantage if the second team can still heal.

In my experience, my team loses more often when we go second. Personally, being school of Life, I often function as a healer. When Doom and Gloom is in play and my team goes second, we are pretty much helpless because even if the bubble is changed it is changed right back by treasure card doom and gloom spammers. Life already has dispels that can stop their heals and infection that weakens heals.

If Doom and Gloom was weakened, it would give losing teams a better chance to survive, and the issue of going first wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Thanks for reading and I would love to hear your thoughts on this matter :)

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
dude have you ever think about what death wizard think? that's like the one of the "good " spell for death so i think you need chill.death is suck in pvp and you want it to be weaker?

ps: unless you know how to use the spell right, you'll be a death warlord

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
So kill off another card for death that's great. We already have lost out on bad juju, and mass infection I don't believe this should be changed. That is the point of doom and gloom make it so healing is useless. Infections can be cleansed, spritely caster off, or just over powered by the healer if the have a good healing boost or critical.

Doom and gloom should stay the way it is I learned to deal with it and you should too.

Survivor
May 08, 2010
natureluvr7 wrote:
In pvp many people spam doom and gloom treasure cards when they are winning. This prevents any healers on the other team from being able to heal their teammates well. Doom and Gloom weakens heals so much, healers become virtually useless when it is in play.

To even out the playing field more, I think Doom and Gloom treasures and the actual spell should be changed to -50% to all heals and in return Sanctuary reduced to +30% to all heals. This way healers can still do something for their team when doom and gloom is in play.

Some people think going first in pvp is an advantage. Going first becomes less of an advantage if the second team can still heal.

In my experience, my team loses more often when we go second. Personally, being school of Life, I often function as a healer. When Doom and Gloom is in play and my team goes second, we are pretty much helpless because even if the bubble is changed it is changed right back by treasure card doom and gloom spammers. Life already has dispels that can stop their heals and infection that weakens heals.

If Doom and Gloom was weakened, it would give losing teams a better chance to survive, and the issue of going first wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Thanks for reading and I would love to hear your thoughts on this matter :)

Well I am sorry to say but doom and gloom is totally fair. That's what it does it shuts down the enemy's dream healing. And there are counters to doom and gloom. You could let them waste pips why you keep your bubble up or use guiding light so doom and gloom won't completely destroy your healing.

Hope this helps
Ian Mythcaster lvl 75 myth

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
natureluvr7 wrote:

Indeed they USE doom and gloom one time. Not really sure how thats a spam, lol. Using any spell one time is a spam of that spell? is that what it has come to?

To even out the playing field more, I think Doom and Gloom treasures and the actual spell should be changed to -50% to all heals and in return Sanctuary reduced to +30% to all heals. This way healers can still do something for their team when doom and gloom is in play

Remember that if they use doom and gloom, their healing is reduced also. Not just your team, but theirs also, so if you can get them to low health, they cant really heal either. Also remember that you can change the bubble.

Some people think going first in pvp is an advantage. Going first becomes less of an advantage if the second team can still heal

Everything except ability to lose is better when you are first in pvp. It will always be an advantage unless KI changes the system.

(Sarcasticly) I too find it unfortunate that you couldnt use rebirth to heal you whole team when you are first! right when you were all about to die from meteor or tempest the next turn. Really. Its called strategy, and people use it allot in pvp. Get used to it. As annoying as some may be

Survivor
May 26, 2012
When I said spamming I meant that more often than not when people use treasure doom and gloom they keep a lot of them in deck so when people change the bubble they change it right back every time.

Death does not have bad spells. It is my favorite school because it can heal and hit at the same time. The spell that is like a Frankenstein (I forget the actual name) dominates especially with feint.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
natureluvr7 wrote:
When I said spamming I meant that more often than not when people use treasure doom and gloom they keep a lot of them in deck so when people change the bubble they change it right back every time.

Death does not have bad spells. It is my favorite school because it can heal and hit at the same time. The spell that is like a Frankenstein (I forget the actual name) dominates especially with feint.

so you don't think people use shield? btw is called dr.von's monster

death wizard pvp cammander

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
taking off 15% percent would not hurt a thing, as it would make it -50% to all healing spells which was what the spell was originally, and it was much better as it was still possible to heal a bit, so the caster can still heal themselves and defeat the opponent if they throw their damage around right. Sanctuary is fine as it is, except it should be 2 pips. Rather the spell is left at -65 or reduced to -50 isn't the thing, treasure cards are a problem that to many people take advantage of to use spells outside their main school or secondary school, for instance if someone spent enough training points they could get doom and gloom rather than using treasure cards. I use doom and gloom sometimes, but changing it to +35% to death attacks would help in both pvp and pve

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
gougou101 wrote:
dude have you ever think about what death wizard think? that's like the one of the "good " spell for death so i think you need chill.death is suck in pvp and you want it to be weaker?

ps: unless you know how to use the spell right, you'll be a death warlord
I have a death wizard and I hate doom and gloom, almost as much as I hate ranked, competitive pvp

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
[I have a death wizard and I hate doom and gloom, almost as much as I hate ranked, competitive pvp

if you hate doom and gloom and your death you need to switch from death school

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
LighDealth wrote:
[
I have a death wizard and I hate doom and gloom, almost as much as I hate ranked, competitive pvp

if you hate doom and gloom and your death you need to switch from death school

Well, since he hates PvP, that's why he hates Doom and Gloom. Doom and Gloom shines for Death wizards in PvP, but in PvE it is limited. Except for the Marleybone Warehouse, not to many places feature NPCs that heal themselves.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
natureluvr7 wrote:

Spamming: using something of the same variety multiple times.

Using one doom and gloom treasure doesn't quite fit within that definintion.

You are right, death does not have bad spells. Its how the people of the death school see them as. Death wizards tend to think of the glass being half empty as opposed to the glass being half full if you know the phrase. They have the complete package, great buffs, good health, ability to heal while attacking at the same time. Has its own healing spell, has DOT spells, has ability to control healing. I could go on and on about all of the upsides of death, but people would point out the one downside that i mention. Thats how people are with storm too. They say storm stinks because it has bad health and resist, but if you have a pet with max spell proof and spell defy, you can have 41% universal resist, which btw isnt that bad, and with different gear, have 3800 health. It depends on how you use it. All of that to go with the best damage, best accuracy from gear, best critical.

And dont get me started on balance...

So truth be told, they most likely arent going to anything to the spell, i mean they have been around this long.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
In my opinion life wizards shouldn't always be passive and healers in a team. if doom is up and it cants be changed before a heal go aggressive. (also rebirth absorb is still effective even under doom except against life steal spells)

Also a common mistake life wizards make is they don't carry their bubble (or any other secondary school bubble) in pvp. yes it benefit you and the opponents but at least your team is back up where you can have a chance to win again until the bubble is changed again