Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reported for no reason.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 04, 2008
:(This guy named anthony BattleSword said he can ban me for no reason because he was mad at me and then reported me I'm not sure why but he was beng very mean to me.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
samuel18 wrote:
:(This guy named anthony BattleSword said he can ban me for no reason because he was mad at me and then reported me I'm not sure why but he was beng very mean to me.

Samuel,

Do not worry, if you did not break any of the Terms of Use rules, then you were falsely reported.

Any report is investigated thoroughly. If you did receive a false report, it will go against the Wizard that reported you.

Always remember, even if you are reported, you do not report the other wizard back. The only time to report someone, is if they break the Terms of Use Agreement.

Survivor
Nov 04, 2008
darthjt wrote:
samuel18 wrote:

Samuel,

Do not worry, if you did not break any of the Terms of Use rules, then you were falsely reported.

Any report is investigated thoroughly. If you did receive a false report, it will go against the Wizard that reported you.

Always remember, even if you are reported, you do not report the other wizard back. The only time to report someone, is if they break the Terms of Use Agreement.

He was saying he would hack me like he did to other wizards so I hope nothing happens.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
samuel18 wrote:

Dont worry, justice will prevail. He will be the one getting in trouble, not you. False reports arent tolerated by KI, so you have nothing to worry about, you will be fine as long as you didnt say or do something that violates the rules, or terms of use.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Lol I had this alot when I pvp sometimes dont worry you wont get banned fellow young wizard! The reporter who falsely makes the report will get a strike/ban. If it happens again, I can help :)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
samuel18 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
samuel18 wrote:

Samuel,

He was saying he would hack me like he did to other wizards so I hope nothing happens.

Actually, if he threatened to hack you, you can report him for that.
Don't worry though, Wizard101 has many safeguards in place to keep you safe. As long as you never give out any of your information, you have nothing to worry about.

Happy Wizarding!

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
samuel18 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
samuel18 wrote:

Samuel,

I would say that to be safe, make sure your password is not too easy. Do not fret if anyone reports you. As long as you are not breaking the terms of use, you will be fine.
A lot of times, a wizard will spout off about things like that, when in effect they are merely making up for their lack of dueling skills.
Just check the terms of use and familiarize yourself with them.
Best of luck!
pods

Explorer
Jul 15, 2009
I feel for you guys, I really do, my friend got falsely reported and I was really angry. I know he won't get banned, but I mean people really need to grow up. PvP does nothing for you, nothing at all. There is no need to threaten people by reporting them. People these days :?

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
samuel18 wrote:
Do not worry wizard. If someone report's you for no apparent reason the report goes to um I forgot his name but a person who works for wizard101 they read the chat log and if it is a valid reason they will ban you but if there is nothing to report they call it a false report so whoever does a false report gets their account in danger of ban so your okay.

Thomas StormLeaf
Archmage Balance

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I had the misfortune of running into that guy the other day~ very rude and condescending chap. Never said anything about hacking me, but I caught him swearing up a storm, impersonating KI staff (threatening to ban people), and and upsetting everyone around him.

Over that evening, I reported him several times and, at one point, he said: 'I dare the *insert gratuitous profanity here* who reported me to do it again!'... So I did. LOL. After a few minutes of spewing even more obscenities, he finally left in a rage; I'll keep an eye out for him, and keep reporting until he's IP-banned.

-

As for you, OP~ as long as you didn't violate any rules, you have nothing to worry about. ;) People who falsely report others are subject to sanctions as well, so this guy will get his just desserts eventually.

El Veeb
a WC protector

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
samuel18 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
samuel18 wrote:

Samuel,

Well, you can report him for that, but people just lie like that when they really can't. If you did nothing such as swear around the filters then nothing will happen to you.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
I know people do that alot, but they only report you if you use treasure cards or you made fun of them. I am a Captain so I get use to it but it is usually the legends who report not the low levels and just because they reported you doesn't mean you have to report back. I wish you luck in PvP! :D

-Savvy DarkHunter Lvl 23 Life Captain 8)

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
He will be the one in trouble wizard don't worry read the Terms of Use and see if you did anything wrong but I'm sure you did not break any rules

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Everybody is right, and most importantly,they just threaten you. Dont fall for their tricks. And btw i was a fool for thinking that guy would give me membership if i told him my user and pass. Then he stole it but i got it back. And one of my friends said that someone was going to gift him membership. I told him not to be a fool like me and to ask a billion questions (not literraly) and eventually they will get one wrong. And even if they dont, sau no no matter what. Because the guy who stole my user was trying to steal my friends. I told my friend to ask that guy if his other user was Brady Deathrider. He said yes and Brady was the guy that stole my user.

Explorer
May 08, 2010
samuel18 wrote:
today i was fighting in triton av o.o when i joined a fight he used troll about to kill scarelt screamer then fodder gives screamer myth shield and then i kill it he says a very bad cuss word so i reported him and he reports me back o.o people must know about the terms my sub ends tomorrow and. he said he knows a guy who works here and said he can get me banned can that happen? wait no its a guy who is a 5 year old who doesnt know what hes saying cause then he called me another word i not saying sry anyways thats why you report people who are saying cuss words not for nothing that is,,,, bye wolf you may not see me in a long time :( wolf spirit level 61 balance best friend couldnt make it to cl without you and thank these people for everything for mooshu ds and cl valdus death :) seth life crafter i miss you :( chris storm blood thanks see you later. this will be my last message inless on tonight :( :( to you friends elijah 53 balance :( :( :( well bye inless i on tonight

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
aditha12 wrote:
Everybody is right, and most importantly,they just threaten you. Dont fall for their tricks. And btw i was a fool for thinking that guy would give me membership if i told him my user and pass. Then he stole it but i got it back. And one of my friends said that someone was going to gift him membership. I told him not to be a fool like me and to ask a billion questions (not literraly) and eventually they will get one wrong. And even if they dont, sau no no matter what. Because the guy who stole my user was trying to steal my friends. I told my friend to ask that guy if his other user was Brady Deathrider. He said yes and Brady was the guy that stole my user.

If anyone ever asks you for your username/password you can and should report them, as well as run as far away from them as you can.
I had a younger friend who said he was bored one night and said he should log on to one of my kids accounts (in a joking way).

I deleted him right away and told him why.

KI takes password sharing VERY seriously. Especially for a master/membership account, there is significant monetary liability for them as well as the account holder. Especially with gifting, your card could be charged for a lot of money.
Do not, under any circumstances give out account information. There are a lot of predators/scammers out there. Do not even entertain any offers like that.
pods

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
I was in pvp and when I entered the match the guy said don't talk or I will report you and my friends were there, they were all asking questions so I decided to talk. Then the opponent reported me for no reason. I didn't report him back but should I be worried. He also said he could hack me, but I was scared and didn't report him for threatening

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
towerdefence2 wrote:
I was in pvp and when I entered the match the guy said don't talk or I will report you and my friends were there, they were all asking questions so I decided to talk. Then the opponent reported me for no reason. I didn't report him back but should I be worried. He also said he could hack me, but I was scared and didn't report him for threatening

Well talking is certainly not a reportable offence. But threatening to hack you certainly is harassment.
He did achieve what he wanted, to make you fear him. However, his act might have longer lasting implications than he thinks.
False reports are taken seriously (I hope), so have no worries about being falsely reported.

As an aside, it really does seem like PvP is a different world on W101.
pods

Survivor
Feb 23, 2012
This is a game, not political warfare. You wont get in trouble because your reported. When your reported, its a flag, so that staff and employees can check to see if a rule is broken. if they find nothing, the person that sends the report can be punished.

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
If you didn't do anything wrong, you won't get reported. If you....

*Were swearing around the filters
*Was being rude and mean, and using offensive language towards other players
*Saying you were a KingsIsle Employee
*Or anything else against the Wizard101 rules,

you'll probably get muted, or banned for 24 hours. If you weren't anything wrong, you won't get in trouble! ^-^

"Normal? That's a setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that." -Ashley Purdy
Melissa DayDreamer, Level 49
Jasmine IceCloud, Level 8