Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth's 10 pip spell needs to be an AoE

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Myth only has two AoE spells and while that is still one more than Life, the Theurgists got a multi-hit spell with reasonably high damage. As Conjurers we only have Humungofrog and Earthquake. Now if you want to get technical while playing PvE your co-questers get irritated when you use Earth because it will take off any traps or converts, it's a double-edged sword. Even with Colossal a Humungofrog can only do no more than 600 without some kind of buffer. That's still not even as much as Life's Forest Lord. I don't care if this spell is like Ra and has no second effect, Myth needs a new AoE.

Thoughts?

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
I have to agree with you on that one. Fire has like 5. Storm has like 7, and Life also has rebirth which is basically an All Enemy reversed. So Yes, Myth needs a new all enemy spell.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Well i am the school of Fire and also the school of Ice but yes. I know how you feel. Myth does need a stronger multi hit..

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Shikage wrote:
Myth only has two AoE spells and while that is still one more than Life, the Theurgists got a multi-hit spell with reasonably high damage. As Conjurers we only have Humungofrog and Earthquake. Now if you want to get technical while playing PvE your co-questers get irritated when you use Earth because it will take off any traps or converts, it's a double-edged sword. Even with Colossal a Humungofrog can only do no more than 600 without some kind of buffer. That's still not even as much as Life's Forest Lord. I don't care if this spell is like Ra and has no second effect, Myth needs a new AoE.

Thoughts?

While I don't disagree that Myth couldn't use another AoE spell, comparing Humongofrog to Forest Lord in your example is short changing the Myth spell.

Facts that you forgot:

Life wizards have to wait at least three turns to fire off Forest Lord, Myth can fire off on the first round.

Myth can cast two Humongofrogs in the time a Life Wizard can cast Forest Lord once, doing more damage than Forest Lord with more chances to critical and ending the duel quicker.

Myth has three AoE spells. Noble Humongofrog is an AoE DoT spell.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
thanasi99 wrote:
I have to agree with you on that one. Fire has like 5. Storm has like 7, and Life also has rebirth which is basically an All Enemy reversed. So Yes, Myth needs a new all enemy spell.

Fire has: meteor, scald, fire drag, rain.

Storm has: tempest, Storm lord, sirens.

Where did you get 7 from?

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
kingurz wrote:
Shikage wrote:

Thoughts?

While I don't disagree that Myth couldn't use another AoE spell, comparing Humongofrog to Forest Lord in your example is short changing the Myth spell.

Facts that you forgot:

Life wizards have to wait at least three turns to fire off Forest Lord, Myth can fire off on the first round.

Myth can cast two Humongofrogs in the time a Life Wizard can cast Forest Lord once, doing more damage than Forest Lord with more chances to critical and ending the duel quicker.

Myth has three AoE spells. Noble Humongofrog is an AoE DoT spell.

I don't suggest counting pet spells, because you can only have one in your deck, you can't enchant them, and not everyone uses their school pet.

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
I am including this list so that everyone can see what AoE spells each school has. I am including Utility spells because they can be useful under certain circumstances.
Fire: Meteor Strike, Scald, Smokescreen, Fire Dragon, Rain of Fire, Mass Prism, Choke.
Storm: Windstorm, Tempest, Storm Lord, Sirens, Mass Storm Prism.
Ice: Blizzard, Mass Ice Prism, Legion Shield, Frost Giant, Snow Angel, Cool Down. ( I did not count Taunt and Mega Taunt as they seem not to do anything. If you argue against this then do by all means. )
Death: Mass Death Prism, Plague, Scarecrow, Virulent Plague, Mass Infection.
Life: Mass Life Prism, Unicorn, Guidance, Rebirth, Brilliant Light, Forest Lord, Mass Triage.
Myth: Humongofrog, Earthquake, Mass Myth Prism, Blinding Light.
Balance: Sandstorm, Bladestorm, Power Nova, Ra.

Oh look, Myth and Balance are tied for AoE's. And which of these Schools is easier to solo with?

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
Please don't add more myth attack all spells, we need special spells like we are getting already. attack all is almost useless to myth if its a big card. :(

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
MythicalDusk wrote:
Please don't add more myth attack all spells, we need special spells like we are getting already. attack all is almost useless to myth if its a big card. :(

Eh special spells like we're getting? you mean single target spells? if so, how exactly dooes myth need a single target spell? the last 3 we've had were all single target. there's definitely not a need for another.

I would disagree with your opinion that a high ranked AoE would be useless to myth. while it would be difficult to use, it definitely wouldn't be useless.

I for one would love for myth's next spell to be an AoE but not rank 10. it would be perfect if it was just a rank 6, 7 or 8 with the appropriate damage (none of that earthquake travesty). Better yet, if it seems problematic to introduce a lower rank spell, they could make it a pip based AoE like tempest. My happiness level would reach its optimal level...

Explorer
May 07, 2011
Ice: Blizzard, Mass Ice Prism, Legion Shield, Frost Giant, Snow Angel, Cool Down. ( I did not count Taunt and Mega Taunt as they seem not to do anything. If you argue against this then do by all means. )

Taunt and Mega Taunt make it more likely for the enemy to attack you the following round, so in 1v1 it would do nothing.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Allow me to clear some things up.

First off, myth does not nessesarily need an aoe. It is desirable to the school itself, however it is perfectly fine how it is, and that is not an opinion. If you seriously cant handle mobs, then you NEED to blade and colossal frog. It is not hard to handle mobs.

Now lets take a look at the school in and of itself. IMO it is the best school in the game, being as it has no weakness. High resist, decent health, decent damage, decent critical. It is often the school that goes unnoticed, however it is a force to be reckoned with. It is the best sprit, balance and ice fighting school in the game for pvp. With that said! You need to learn how to use the school to your advantage, and not try to find things that are weaknesses and focus on using the strength's to your advantage.

I dont know how life got in this equation, they have a rank 8 aoe, and there is nothing wrong with it. Until they get to level 58, use meteor, sandstorm, blizzard, frog, temp tc, anything really.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
thejordanator wrote:

First off, myth does not nessesarily need an aoe. It is desirable to the school itself, however it is perfectly fine how it is, and that is not an opinion. If you seriously cant handle mobs, then you NEED to blade and colossal frog. It is not hard to handle mobs.

Now lets take a look at the school in and of itself. IMO it is the best school in the game, being as it has no weakness. High resist, decent health, decent damage, decent critical. It is often the school that goes unnoticed, however it is a force to be reckoned with. It is the best sprit, balance and ice fighting school in the game for pvp. With that said! You need to learn how to use the school to your advantage, and not try to find things that are weaknesses and focus on using the strength's to your advantage.

I dont know how life got in this equation, they have a rank 8 aoe, and there is nothing wrong with it. Until they get to level 58, use meteor, sandstorm, blizzard, frog, temp tc, anything really.

You must be joking? I've been playing Myth since launch, Myth has the second lowest HP in game behind storm, counting all the gear. Fire has a tad bit more, good resist? Myth has 31% resist, second lowest. Myth needs a boost. In any way possible. Myth is the smallest class in game, and for good reason, its overlooked by players and devs.

Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
Shikage wrote:

Thoughts?

I partially agree. One, Myth got all enemy attacks before life, we got ours at level 58. We had to do individual attacks for SO long. Feel lucky. 2, do you ABSOLUTELY NEED a new one?

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
darthjp wrote:
You must be joking?

No.
Myth has the second lowest HP in game behind storm, counting all the gear.
Yeah, but they arent last.
Myth has 31% resist, second lowest.
I suggest you check the stats again. Myth has the second HIGHEST resist.
Myth needs a boost
No they dont, i am doing just fine on my myth.
any way possible. Myth is the smallest class in game, and for good reason, its overlooked by players and devs
I agree with you, it is overlooked. But at the same time, i disagree. They arent the weakest, they are the most well rounded. No real weaknesses. if used right, they are extremely deadly. You cant deny it. Most myth wizards who are expierienced players in pvp and seem to know what they are doing, are some of the hardest players to beat in the game.

Defender
May 21, 2011
Darthjp wrote:
thejordanator wrote:

You must be joking? I've been playing Myth since launch, Myth has the second lowest HP in game behind storm, counting all the gear. Fire has a tad bit more, good resist? Myth has 31% resist, second lowest. Myth needs a boost. In any way possible. Myth is the smallest class in game, and for good reason, its overlooked by players and devs.

i agree with you, but not with thejordanator. no offense to allt he people who think myth is the best class no way! there is no best class. everyone has their own opinion. and myth is not n the middle, and it does have disadvantages. BALANCE is in the exact middle (dont hate me here but thats why i dont like it so much) they make the middle health, middle attack, and all the blades and weaknesses (apart from death, they have weaknesses) some people think they are the best, but others dont. and about using treasure cards? that is only for people who have damage for every school (and more than just one or two percent) and yes they do. my mum deleted her myth wizard and made A LIFE WIZARD said this:

"the reason why is because you wend up in pve only being able to use frog.
i would use earthquake but it gets rid of everything, not only shields and blades.so everyone else gets irritated. I dont like using the only one person hits because it takes way to long, then you die. its a fun class but it gets boring."

she hasnt complained once about life, (above level 58 ) because they give you enough time to blade up and get ready to hit. and if you bladed up for humgofrog it will take just as long to hit as life. yes maybe they should bring in another AoE spell for life, but this is about myth not life.

t is desirable to the school itself, however it is perfectly fine how it is, and that is not an opinion.

yes its an opinion.

as i said before it isnt the best school in the game, its an opinion.
second, well it doesnt matter if they are good at pvp unless you play pvp
which a lot do although, it isnt about the school this is about new spell that is needed.

I Rest My Case, myth does need a new AoE spell

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
sydneypixie wrote:
i agree with you, but not with thejordanator. no offense to allt he people who think myth is the best class no way! there is no best class. everyone has their own opinion. and myth is not n the middle, and it does have disadvantages. BALANCE is in the exact middle (dont hate me here but thats why i dont like it so much) they make the middle health, middle attack, and all the blades and weaknesses (apart from death, they have weaknesses) some people think they are the best, but others dont. and about using treasure cards? that is only for people who have damage for every school (and more than just one or two percent) and yes they do

So they need an aoe huh? thats what you are going with? Get a myth, level it up, learn strong giant monstrous gargantuan and colossal, and use them. Mobs are easy. Dont say they are impossible, because me and many other myth wizards have made it through avalon just fine.

You keep mentioning that they have low health, but what you dont realize is that Being in the middle of everything is an extreme advantage. I posted another thread about this, because people arent getting the point. Would you rather be extremely good at one thing, but could not do another thing to save you life? If you want to be extremely good at one thing, then you go delete your myth wizard and make an ice or a storm. Myth is not right for you in that case. The aoe situation is not an disadvantage. Use the strategies in the thread below and you will be fine.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/52844.ftl

Thats the thread that i explain everything in, enjoy.