Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rudenesss and Harassment

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Ok, so I was doing a practice pvp with my friend who was also an archmage wizard like myself. When the match came up, we were face to face with 2 iniate wizards. I then said "Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to put a level limit on it guys, this is an unfair match". Then one of the opponents went and looked at my stats and started to point out the fact that I had a low rating. You see, I was very new to the game and had lost about 43 matches getting the hang of battle skills as a level 10. Then he went on about "An archmage, on the low end of a private! Ha! You were laughed out of ranked pvp huh, tough guy". I explained that I started battling early and still haven't had enough time to get my pvp on track. But that wouldn't make him stop. He then went on after the battle was over about my record, and delayed both my friend and I from leaving the arena. Saying the exact same thing over and over again. I then left with my friend to the pvp lobby, they followed us and the two wizards went on about my record. They then got other people involved with my ranking and added more harassment on. I then ported to the commons because I didn't want to lose my tempor and get reported. Then somehow they appeared again, so I figured ignore them and go back to hanging with some friends. But they hadn't humiliated me enough, so they came on their other characters to countinue the harassment. They kept shouting out, look at this one's stats he was laughed out of pvp. I ported to a firend's house, ignored the to wizards, yet they could still taunt me through text chat somehow, and went on about my record. I finally just lost it and logged off. I wanted to report them but I know it wasn't a reportable offense. Could someone tell me how to deal with this issue?!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
thanasi99 wrote:
Ok, so I was doing a practice pvp with my friend who was also an archmage wizard like myself. When the match came up, we were face to face with 2 iniate wizards. I then said "Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to put a level limit on it guys, this is an unfair match". Then one of the opponents went and looked at my stats and started to point out the fact that I had a low rating. You see, I was very new to the game and had lost about 43 matches getting the hang of battle skills as a level 10. Then he went on about "An archmage, on the low end of a private! Ha! You were laughed out of ranked pvp huh, tough guy". I explained that I started battling early and still haven't had enough time to get my pvp on track. But that wouldn't make him stop. He then went on after the battle was over about my record, and delayed both my friend and I from leaving the arena. Saying the exact same thing over and over again. I then left with my friend to the pvp lobby, they followed us and the two wizards went on about my record. They then got other people involved with my ranking and added more harassment on. I then ported to the commons because I didn't want to lose my tempor and get reported. Then somehow they appeared again, so I figured ignore them and go back to hanging with some friends. But they hadn't humiliated me enough, so they came on their other characters to countinue the harassment. They kept shouting out, look at this one's stats he was laughed out of pvp. I ported to a firend's house, ignored the to wizards, yet they could still taunt me through text chat somehow, and went on about my record. I finally just lost it and logged off. I wanted to report them but I know it wasn't a reportable offense. Could someone tell me how to deal with this issue?!

You have two options: don't bother with PvP or turn off the talking (available in your options panel)

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
thanasi99 wrote:
i have a little strategy for these kind of people. in the situation you were in i would have just said, come on man is that your best insult you just keep saying the same thing over and over in fact i dont even think your worth reporting. that would either get them angry or they would just ignore it and keep ranting on one thing because they cant think of anything else cause your an arkmage and they arnt plus not to mention the fact that you and your friend probaly moped the floor with them now if they get angry after saying my little sentence above then they will either start calling you some names(not cuss words)then its your choice if you wanna report them but if they start cussing you out then i recomend you report them cause no one wants to hear any of that. hope i helped

Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
I dont know how to deal with this but i feel for you! The same sort of thing happened with me (im level 69 storm) people are like, WOAH!!! Why is your rating 350?! I lost so many points for that! I pvped as a level 10 as well because i didnt know what i was doing. it gets very old, people harrassing me about it. a good way to deal with this is to go to options, then click "Turn chat off during pvp" it really helps, the enemy cant hear you and you cant hear them if they are rude. Hope I helped
<3Melissa

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Thank you all for the suggestions and Ideas!!!! You all helped a ton!

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
thanasi99 wrote:

Here's an idea-make a warlord friend pretend he's you and make him say "what's that about me not having skill?" and they will back off.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Ignore them and be done with it. I wouldn't bother talking to them in the first place since they are there to just bother you. Plus you can just switch worlds and such. People are sore losers. I played in pvp and one player kept calling me a tc noob. I then went to laughing my head off because I hadn't even used a tc in the match. From that point I just crushed his ego by stating that he was the noob for losing and he used tc.

So yea that's pvp in a nut shell. It's going to happen best thing to do is not talk to them at all so you won't have to worry about them finding you.

Explorer
May 18, 2010
There will always be people who will be rude just to get attention. The best thing is to just ignore them. Do not taunt or talk back, it will just get their hopes up. And if you have to, report them. They might also report you back too. If you stay quiet and ignore them, their report will be false.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
Delver
Feb 16, 2010
As mentioned before, the ignore button is your friend. However, if you've tried to be friendly and civil, they already have your text chat and can find you with those secrettaunts. If you don't want to just ignore, then you can also change realms, log off for a few seconds then back on. The text chat memory should be cleared and they should not be able to find you again.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
clcastillo wrote:
There will always be people who will be rude just to get attention. The best thing is to just ignore them. Do not taunt or talk back, it will just get their hopes up. And if you have to, report them. They might also report you back too. If you stay quiet and ignore them, their report will be false.
right you mean the politicaly correct way to handle it. well guess what. not only does that almost never work but thats exactly what thanasi99 did and he almost lost his temper so got any other ideas

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
when they continue to fallow you and harass you that is included as a reportable offense just report them for harassing you it will be up to the admins(KI) to decide of it is or is not an issue.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
If you find your self being harassed you have 3 option 1). Ignore 2). Port to an under populated realm and then select a random zone as that helps as well 3). If you're feeling cheeky just counter troll them and make em so mad they either explode in rage or just leave ;P

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
Well maybe they are too miserable irl so they pick on people in the game or they just think they are better then you at pvp! Well don't let them bring you down! Let's get red of Pvp hatred!!!

-Savvy DarkHunter Lvl 24 Life Pvp Captain 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Explorer
May 02, 2011
Survivor
Jul 05, 2011
Well, i would just turn on block pvp enemy chat so they wouldn't bother you, cause they would figure out that your ignoring them and leave you alone, Even during all your matches, i think you should leave it off just in case they start saying mean words. Well i started using this when someone called me noob for using mana burn once. I hope this works for you :).