Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

are fizzles fair?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
Yes and no. Because when people are storms wizards they think that`s not fair(i do not no why they made storms fizzal more ).

For yes people and some aren`t use to fizzales though.

LOL

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
fizzles at the moment are not fair

why do you ask?

i noticed that players have a higher chance of fizzling than monsters.

seriously, make it even!

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I absolutlety positivley HATE fizzles. I only like them if my opponent fizzles. I think only monsters should fizzle.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
fizzles are fair i dont see why you have to complain first of all

Every one fizzles in the game once in a while dudes

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I hate it but it's fair. Without fizzles the game wouldn't be exciting or balanced.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
they are fair because the game would go by so fast. fizzles are fair

lv27 fire

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
personaly i like chalenges, so fizzles kind of make it dificult which is cool because it would be borring to have each spell casted and WAY to easy. but this is just my opinion.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
At some times fizzles help me out if i pick wrong card .... Most of the time i end up dieing in battle all because my spell fizzled. it can get me mad at times but it happens. it just random on when or where it will happen and on witch spell it will happen on.

Defender
Aug 30, 2009
a spell card has the cahnce of fizziling on the picture border. i noticed the more powerful card, the less chance of working.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2009
GOSH! To whoever wrote this FIZZLES ARE GOOD! :DLike someone said life as a wizard is boring without them. They keep you on your toes. Next fizzles give you pips! you can't say you don't want more pips, i mean who doesn't. I look foward to fizzles in a battle, i love them! :-o :-o
_Nicole Soultamer lvl 20 _

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
browneyes1498 wrote:
hi i just wanted your opinion on if fizzles are good or bad during a duel. i noticed that in my battles, my cards fizzle and it bothers me. but its also good because tha enemy also gets their cards fizzled. :D so thats my opinion! right back plz!

My only request is that they put the actual fizzle rates/range on the cards. If storm cards are a 70% fizzle rate, make them a 70% fizzle rate and so on. They tell you exactly what your health and mana is why not what your actual fizzle percentage is.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
browneyes1498 wrote:
hi i just wanted your opinion on if fizzles are good or bad during a duel. i noticed that in my battles, my cards fizzle and it bothers me. but its also good because tha enemy also gets their cards fizzled. :D so thats my opinion! right back plz!
well yes because if there were no fizzled then a storm wizard can use wild bolts without worrying about fizzles.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
I think all schools should have precision :D It gives you 10 extra chance of hitting

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
:D Good job on your level :D But im 33 balance (soon to be 34)and when you get to level 25 (i think) go straight to alhazred (Or is it alhazrad) for a mission to get judgment 100 balance hit per pip! plus talk to niles for either those blades or for some more shields !BOOYAA

P.S. Look for me im John Moonhunter

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
i gotta say i hate fizzles but the game would be stupid without them. so there like in checkers you cant move backwards :( .

blake battlesword
level 15 myth wizard
golm breaker

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
I noticed that enemys have like 99 percent fizzle chance i am a level 48. how many times have i seen someone fizzle um lets see 1 2 3 yah 3 times!

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
wizard98 wrote:
Well the good stuff is it won't waste your PIPS
But the bad news is it will waste your MANA

It does ?!?!

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
HIS9 wrote:
I Don't Think that they are fair, because when I do REALLY good spells, They Fizzle!

P.S. I am Balance level 22, but close to 23.
what good spell is there at lvl 22-23 like really wraith and scarecrow are good cards wolf life walker death lvl 49 tell paige stormrunner i said hi

Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
Anathema wrote:
I have been silent for about three weeks hoping that the powers that be might correct this behind the scenes before it became painfully apparent to EVERYONE that there is a major flaw in the calculation of fizzle rates.

This is not simply 'bad luck'. I have three character on which I play and this abnormal fizzle rate remains true on each one though in some instances to a slightly lesser degree. Still though, they remain FAR from the listed percentages on the cards/spells in question.

Don't take my word for it, do the math and experiment on your own.

I don't mind a fizzle rate, what I do mind is being essentially lied to. If the failure rate on a spell is 50% then put it on the card as such. Don't misconstrue the truth with the catch all phrase 'well you must just be having bad luck'.

Bad luck is one thing, a statistic impossibility (which is the case here) is absolutely ridiculous.

With all of the many wonderful things that have been coming through, I can't comprehend why they would allow such a detriment to game play to continue. I have spoken with DOZENS of people and everyone agrees something 'just isn't right'.

Some of us 'old folks' (me being 37) know the difference between right and wrong, and how to calculate the odds. The younger generation is a lot brighter than it used to be and I am sure are just as well equipped to run the numbers and see the truth in this matter.

This needs FIXED!

Hi there,

Personally, I think the fizzle rate is a fun and interesting aspect of the game.

My friend and I always play together, she suffers (severely, I may add) from 'fizzle-itis'. We made new wizards together, same school and ONLY play with each other when on these wizards. Her fizzle rate is so high we watch in amazement any time one of her spells hit. Mine, on the other hand, is reasonably appropriate to the card stats.

Her fizzles are a source of enjoyment for us both as we work our way through this game. A game that gives us an awful lot of fun.

Oh, the new wizards we made are both balance, and STILL her spells fizzle more than any storm wizard! :)

Nothing in life is perfect. As one of the 'older folk' you mentioned (and yes I am older than you) I am extremely happy with the game and the way it plays out. Who would want to fizzle less? Grief, this game is fun, if we didnt fizzle it would become monotonous and boring, too easy and less fun. Expect the unexpected, enjoy it. Use your gameplay and strategy to beat the fizzle rate.

Most of all, it's a game, have fun. I know my children and I have loads of fun in the Spiral.

Off topic, I would much rather fizzle than win a drop of a terrific robe that would suit my baby wizard perfectly - only to groan at the 'No trade' tag attached to it, but, hey, c'est la vie, more gold to spend. :)

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Fizzles are fair because it happens to the opponent too!! I am always excited during a battle so what couldn't be better than nsome randomness!

-Taylor Stormrunner - Myth
- Kenneth Liferunner- Death
- Ethan Icewhisper- Ice
-Kiley Spiritrunner- Balance
- Savannah Icerunner- Fire
- Courtney Deathrunner- Life

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
if you ask me your spells fizzle around YOUR time of year. for example my death spells fizzled around halloween.

but then again i could be wrong

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I belive they are It just buggs me when im low on health and the one card to win =Fizz happens alot in boss fights.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
I totally agree with the idea of fizzles. Without them there would be no anticipation in a duel. Also for all those people that think if something is at for example, 80%, it might not mean 8 out of 10 times that card works, but that each time you use the card it has an 80% chance of working, so yes it could be a matter of being lucky or unlucky. So stop complaining please. Cody Silverthorn, Grandmaster Pyromancer (sorry if this offends anybody and sorry I did this on my I-pod touch) also I said some of the things someone else said, but I couldn't figure out how to quote on my I-pod. ;)