Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some things that should be taught to newbies

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 24, 2009
I have met someone who didnt know what the pass button did

I recently read a post that said he could not figure out why he couldnt use a rank 8 spell. Maybe they should be taught that pips over 7 that arent your school are not cast able.

I have met someone who didnt know how to use treasure cards

I have met someone who didnt know how to use prisms (he used and ice prism on a fire) maybe diego should have said that

I have met someone who didnt know that he couldnt use more than one fire blade with the same percentage or same type

I have met someone who didnt know that if you use different types of charms/traps, they would work on the same spell (for example, If i use a storm trap, then use windstorm, it would still work, because its a different percentage)

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
there's no need to be so harsh sounding :p instead of fussing about them help them to learn, we've all had to start out new at this game at some point, no one comes into a new game automatically knowing how to play. i only say this because when i started wizard i had never played an mmorpg game before *ever* and had to constantly ask questions of people about everthing.

shanna fireheart lvl 80 archmage pyromancer
shanna lifeheart lvl52 life wizard

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
advtech wrote:
I have met someone who didnt know what the pass button did

I recently read a post that said he could not figure out why he couldnt use a rank 8 spell. Maybe they should be taught that pips over 7 that arent your school are not cast able.

I have met someone who didnt know how to use treasure cards

I have met someone who didnt know how to use prisms (he used and ice prism on a fire) maybe diego should have said that

I have met someone who didnt know that he couldnt use more than one fire blade with the same percentage or same type

I have met someone who didnt know that if you use different types of charms/traps, they would work on the same spell (for example, If i use a storm trap, then use windstorm, it would still work, because its a different percentage)

You do make a valid point, the walkthrough should be a little more "helpful" but if they do need help, they can always ask a friendly wizard or consult the Wizard101 guide. If it's not in the guide, then ask your friends or staff to help you out.