Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No entry to necropolis in DS

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
So I currently have this one quest:

Title: "Portal Decay"
Objective: "Explore The Necropolis"
What world?: "DragonSpyre"
Where? "Necropolis"

2180 xp, and some dagger

The problem is, I teleported to the basilica (The world's commons) and followed my quest arrow to the necropolis portal (Or atleast, where its supposed to be), but I cannot seem to get there!

All it is, is an arch with the white words "Necropolis" when you try to enter it with no portal or anything for me to get in there.

So, long story short, how do I get in?!
None of my friends are a higher level than me, and if someone was, I wouldn't want to bug them every time i needed to go to necropolis for a quest.
Is my quest arrow wrong, or is there another way to get in? :?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Kreational wrote:
So I currently have this one quest:

Title: "Portal Decay"
Objective: "Explore The Necropolis"
What world?: "DragonSpyre"
Where? "Necropolis"

2180 xp, and some dagger

The problem is, I teleported to the basilica (The world's commons) and followed my quest arrow to the necropolis portal (Or atleast, where its supposed to be), but I cannot seem to get there!

All it is, is an arch with the white words "Necropolis" when you try to enter it with no portal or anything for me to get in there.

So, long story short, how do I get in?!
None of my friends are a higher level than me, and if someone was, I wouldn't want to bug them every time i needed to go to necropolis for a quest.
Is my quest arrow wrong, or is there another way to get in? :?

Well, when you got the quest from Lazlo, he said "proceed up the road" to get to the Necropolis. Your quest arrow would have led you through "The Plaza of Conquests" to a set of double doors that will take you to the Necropolis. Look at your map when you are in The Plaza of Conquests, and you will see the doors at the top of the map.

After your first visit this way, then the portal in the Basilica will be open for you.

This link shows you the quest information, with the dialogue too.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Portal_Decay

Or you can open your Quest Log file, and click on the Information Bubble in the upper left corner of that quest's box (it's a white question mark) to read the dialogue on that quest.

Hope this helped.