Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

About mass infection is it justified?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Alright so as you have seen from the title I am talking about mass infection. My question is why is it 3 pips and is this justified. I am an arch age necromancer who has the spell and has yet to use it. Plainly I view this spell as something that is very situational. The reason I say this is in 1v1 I view the spell as useless in 2v2 I view the spell as useless because I can easily infect both people and usually what happens is one dies then the other tries to heal so it is easy to infect both people. Really the only time this spell becomes useful is I. 3v3 and 4v4 I really haven't used it in those two because I don't play that as much as 2v2.

My reasons I believe this seems unfair is if we look at some other spells such as plague, virulent plague stun, and smoke screen they are all 2 pips or less( exclude virulent plague.) now if we look at stun for instant it costs no pips to stun one enemy and 2 pips to stun all enemies. If we look at smoke screen it costs a pip to put a screen on everyone. If we look at plague it costs a pip to put a weakness on everyone. Yes the weakness is slightly weaker but it is still very affective. Then if we look at virulent plague it costs three pips to put 40% weakness on everyone. I view this as justified since it is a much stronger weakness.

If we look at infection it costs zero pip to put 50% infection on the opponent compare that to mass infection it puts infections on all opponents for three pips. I feel that is big pip increase for such a small pay off.

Yes I am aware that if the pip amount was to be lowered to 2 then it could be spammed but the spell isn't very worth while in this state. Plus plague can be spammed but there are multiple ways to remove it such as wands using an attack or using cleanse charm. Infection is the same way there is a wand that instead of attacks it gives you healing touch which heals you like 65 health this would remove infection. Also using a low pip heal will remove it and cleanse charm will also. Not to mention most pets now are able to cast a healing spell such as spritely and unicorn which can remove infections.

I believe the spell should be changed slightly. I think there are three options one move it to 2 pips. Two move it to 2 pips and lower the infection slightly say 40% instead of 50% or three leave the pip amount at 3 and increase the infection to say 65%.

Thank you for reading feel free to add in anything I might have missed I know there is a lot I didn't bother saying. Also if you another solution go ahead and state it.

P.S. if you see pups any where throughout the post it was suppose to be pips auto correct keeps changing it. Thank you.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
your reasoning is very good and true. I never used this spell because its costly (3 pips) and have very little effect at its current state.

In 1v1 using 0 pip infect is the way to go,

In 2v2 and above there is mainly 3 cases for a duel.

1. if the duel has just started and everything is even i prefer to use virulent plague over this.

2. if my team have the upper hand I'll use 2 pip doom,

3. if my team is losing i prefer use some sacrifice or have a shot at kill before being killed.

At all these cases i have much better use for these 3 pips than mass infection.