Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Insane Bolt

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 15, 2009
Insane Bolt is a very unpredictable spell. I was fighting a boss in Avalon, I had 29 health left and the boss had about 1,000 health. I had 2 pips and had insane bolt available to me. I had no other choice because the boss was fully powered. I use insane bolt and it explodes me. I have been using insane bolt throughout that battle to get rid of the minions. I want to know the percent of insane bolt doing 1,000 or 10,000. Why? Because how come it was when it was a win or lose situation that it exploded me? Also, I have an idea of a moon shield. This 80% shield can benefit both storm wizards and others (who PvP). The moon shield could protect storm from being completly finished from insane bolt explosions AND protect others from the insane bolt the other way around. Its just a thought that could benefit everyone. If you know the exact percent of the chances of insane bolt please reply! Also, if you don't mind, please post a comment about moon shield (not hurtful to me or storm please)! Thank You!

Andrew ThunderBlade Archmage Diviner
.... and other wizards
P.S, an 80% moon shield would reduce 8,000 damage from the 10,000 and 800 damage from the 1,000 just so you know! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
atleon2 wrote:
Insane Bolt is a very unpredictable spell. I was fighting a boss in Avalon, I had 29 health left and the boss had about 1,000 health. I had 2 pips and had insane bolt available to me. I had no other choice because the boss was fully powered. I use insane bolt and it explodes me. I have been using insane bolt throughout that battle to get rid of the minions. I want to know the percent of insane bolt doing 1,000 or 10,000. Why? Because how come it was when it was a win or lose situation that it exploded me? Also, I have an idea of a moon shield. This 80% shield can benefit both storm wizards and others (who PvP). The moon shield could protect storm from being completly finished from insane bolt explosions AND protect others from the insane bolt the other way around. Its just a thought that could benefit everyone. If you know the exact percent of the chances of insane bolt please reply! Also, if you don't mind, please post a comment about moon shield (not hurtful to me or storm please)! Thank You!

Andrew ThunderBlade Archmage Diviner
.... and other wizards
P.S, an 80% moon shield would reduce 8,000 damage from the 10,000 and 800 damage from the 1,000 just so you know! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

That's the point of Insane Bolt~ it's only intended to be used in do-or-die situations, when you've really got nothing to lose. Personally, I wouldn't risk putting that thing in my deck at all, since it's too unpredictable; my sorcerer found a TC version in Wintertusk, and totally took herself out. :P

As for your stats question, I once read that the chance of an Insane Bolt killing the caster is 20%. But that was a while ago~ it may have changed since then.

Re: Moon shields... I don't think there'll ever be one, since the whole point of changing the damage was that no one could shield against it.

El Veeb
Archmage of Awesomeness

(level 80 Balance/64 Death/48 Storm)

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
atleon2 wrote:
Insane Bolt is a very unpredictable spell. I was fighting a boss in Avalon, I had 29 health left and the boss had about 1,000 health. I had 2 pips and had insane bolt available to me. I had no other choice because the boss was fully powered. I use insane bolt and it explodes me. I have been using insane bolt throughout that battle to get rid of the minions. I want to know the percent of insane bolt doing 1,000 or 10,000. Why? Because how come it was when it was a win or lose situation that it exploded me?

Well this is why it exist. you were probably gonna lose anyways so why not go all or nothing. Sometimes it helps, sometimes you die. it's the whole point of the spell.
I am actually surprised someone would use it to take out minions in the middle of a fight lol. think of it this way: it was gonna backfire sometimes...

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
I don't think a moon shield is a good idea. Besides, that and the moon beam you get from crescent axe of the astrals is the only thing you'd need it for. Its not really worth it. That ruins the fun of insane bolt lol it's meant to be a skill about risk.

Explorer
Dec 05, 2010
You should only use Insane Bolt in Do-or-Die situations.

My grandmaster life tested with a lost soul in Unicorn way a while ago...

...and took herself out. Probably the first grandmaster to lose to a Lost Soul.

Saffron JadeGrove
Level 62, Legendary Theurgist
Waterworks Warrior