Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Berserk Revisited

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
Since no one explained, 'what?' or 'how?' Berserk acts as a spell snd more than enough gamers asked ... Here is the 'best-guess' answer. Berserk IS a next to useless spell, regardless what school of magic you are trained in. I use it all the time, basically because it takes no pips to use ut ... But it has neither increased my healing spells, nor has it cost me damage. It's a great spell to have if you want to waste a turn to build up pip count and look pretty doing it. Like most everything in the game, it is designed to cost the player crowns. Wysteria should have taught everybody that lesson.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Berserk:

What Berserk does, it increases your outgoing damage by 30%, so, in it like having a +30% blade on your for 4 rounds, but it increases all damage on you by +40% for 4 rounds, so it is like having a +40% hex trap on yourself that never goes away for 4 rounds.

It is like a feint, but with lower boost to the enemy, higher boost to self, but does not cost a pip.

But yeah, I agree, this spell is a waste.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
darthjt wrote:
Berserk:

What Berserk does, it increases your outgoing damage by 30%, so, in it like having a +30% blade on your for 4 rounds, but it increases all damage on you by +40% for 4 rounds, so it is like having a +40% hex trap on yourself that never goes away for 4 rounds.

It is like a feint, but with lower boost to the enemy, higher boost to self, but does not cost a pip.

But yeah, I agree, this spell is a waste.

Now ya telling me this LOL i got it because a guy in waterworks had it 
It's pretty good though I think ya just being bit harsh. -_- beats me lol

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I have thought about training this spell but for the life of me I cannot figure out how it would benefit me.
The only beneficial aspect of the spell would be if I were to toss numerous low pip spells during the 4 rounds, or to use it for an AoE spell as a "blade" during Sylster's trap only bubble. (it would allow damage to everyone during trap time).
Not enough of a benefit for me to actually train it though. If it were reversed and I at least got more damage to them than me, I might train it to see if I could make it work.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
It wouldn't be berserk if it does no harm to you, so the card description suits it perfectly. it's a violent unrestrained attack risking 40% enemy attack back at you in exchange for a burst of 30% attack,

But it isn't useless if you know when to cast it. For example, when the enemy has no pips or stunned, if you have enough life or shields to pad any kind of attack (40% more) or cast it at the end of a series of blading up. But most important of all is if you have another 0 pip aura buff like amplify or empowerment at hand ready to shut it off after being used.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
Geez I had no idea berserk was disliked this much. from my experience it's an incredible advantage if you like to spam spells (4 pips AoE especially). Usually my strategy is to put up 3 of the same blade, which allows you to gain pips, then cast a berserk (getting yet another pip that turn). finally spam until the desired outcome is achieved. this way you pretty much have the equivalent of 2 blades every time you hit.
It can also be useful for huge attacks but only when cast towards the end of your boosting sequence.

The drawback, of course is the boost it gives your enemies, which really makes it a viable option only for wiz with good resist or healing abilities (cue death, ice and maybe myth and life). In fact, i have always hypothesized that it was mainly intended for ice. because of their resist and hp, they can easily afford a drawback like that, and the boost is much better alternative than amplify, given their already low damage boost and damage per pip ratio.

It is in no way a useless spell if used right.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
nagashiki wrote:
Geez I had no idea berserk was disliked this much. from my experience it's an incredible advantage if you like to spam spells (4 pips AoE especially). Usually my strategy is to put up 3 of the same blade, which allows you to gain pips, then cast a berserk (getting yet another pip that turn). finally spam until the desired outcome is achieved. this way you pretty much have the equivalent of 2 blades every time you hit.
It can also be useful for huge attacks but only when cast towards the end of your boosting sequence.

The drawback, of course is the boost it gives your enemies, which really makes it a viable option only for wiz with good resist or healing abilities (cue death, ice and maybe myth and life). In fact, i have always hypothesized that it was mainly intended for ice. because of their resist and hp, they can easily afford a drawback like that, and the boost is much better alternative than amplify, given their already low damage boost and damage per pip ratio.

It is in no way a useless spell if used right.

Agreed. I use this on my death wizard all the time, since I gain back in life whatever I maximize in output.