Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard Barber Shop!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2011
After playing the game for months, I realized I would really love if my wizard could have a haircut!
I'm not talking about some insane over the top wig or anything, but I think it would be nice to go back to the basic style/color options and try something new! Although, I don't think changing your face should be an option.
This could be a feature at the dye shop, or we could just have our own Wizard Barber shop right in the Shopping District!
I know the potential issue of this would be that your friends may not recognize you (but I think they would still remember your name!) so maybe there could be a limit to the amount of changes you can make (E.x. one haircut for every twenty levels) that way you would have to make a wiser decision and not go from blue to green to pink hair every other day!
The payment could be in gold or crowns, depending on whatever Kingsile feels is best. Or perhaps you could do certain quests to earn training point-ish credits to spend on a haircut! (If not used these could possibly be redeemed for gold or something) This even makes me think of badges that could go along with it, like "Hair Raiser" or some other cheesy title after you've made a certain amount of changes.
Like the idea? Reply! And post your suggestions! Hate it?! Tell me why it's terrible!
~Delaney Thunderbreaker Grandmaster Storm Wizard

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Devond101 wrote:
After playing the game for months, I realized I would really love if my wizard could have a haircut!
I'm not talking about some insane over the top wig or anything, but I think it would be nice to go back to the basic style/color options and try something new! Although, I don't think changing your face should be an option.
This could be a feature at the dye shop, or we could just have our own Wizard Barber shop right in the Shopping District!
I know the potential issue of this would be that your friends may not recognize you (but I think they would still remember your name!) so maybe there could be a limit to the amount of changes you can make (E.x. one haircut for every twenty levels) that way you would have to make a wiser decision and not go from blue to green to pink hair every other day!
The payment could be in gold or crowns, depending on whatever Kingsile feels is best. Or perhaps you could do certain quests to earn training point-ish credits to spend on a haircut! (If not used these could possibly be redeemed for gold or something) This even makes me think of badges that could go along with it, like "Hair Raiser" or some other cheesy title after you've made a certain amount of changes.
Like the idea? Reply! And post your suggestions! Hate it?! Tell me why it's terrible!

This has been posted over and over and over again, from barber shops to beauty salons. KI doesn't seem to care.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Devond101 wrote:

Yes I believe this should happen all the games I have played have the option of letting me change my characters hair and face.

Defender
May 21, 2011
Devond101 wrote:

GREAT idea :D i have brought this up before, though it didnt make it, though it should be liek you can egt hair extions or hair cuts XD and if oyu are a member you can get more or something, or if you have made a crown purchase you can have more, but only if its mroe than 5 dollar or something. anyway i hope this makes it!

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Devond101 wrote:
I know the potential issue of this would be that your friends may not recognize you (but I think they would still remember your name!) . . . .
This problem is spot on. It's a big reason, if not the reason why this service is not already available. (While I know you know this, I'll continue with my example for the sake of those who don't) As an example, you have two male fire wizard friends named Blake who are the same level. If both put on the same clothes, their hair and face would be the only ways to tell the two apart. If an option to change hair and facial features was added, one could change his face and hair to match the other. Then how could you tell the two apart?

While I realize that your post asks only to change hair, people would start saying "We can change our hair, why not our faces?" if this feature were to be included.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
To quote Ravenlady777, yes, this topic has come up so many times under different titles. So go to the link below and you will find KI's response to this subject. It isn't going to change so if you don't like your current wizard, you can do one of 2 things. Keep the current one and go ahead and create a new one(which I would most definitely do so I could transfer all items to the new one before deleting the one I don't want) or just delete it and start over.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28837.ftl

It is not that KI does not care, it is the fact that once the wizard is created, that is what is stored on the servers. If you start changing the appearance and names of a character after creating it and later on down the road, you have a problem with that character, it creates a huge problem for KI to track it. I would imagine that this could also cause a character file to become corrupted somewhere along the way. I am sure that some of you have come across the problems of corrupted files in other programs at some point in time and you know when it happens, that program no longer works the way it is supposed to. If that happens with your wizard, your only option would be to start over which means you lose everything you already had on that character. It also means you will have to completely un-install the game and re-install it after doing a cleanup on your computer which should be done by someone that know what they are doing.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
Hi, I'm new to the forums but not the game. Anyways i believe this idea should go through. Many wizards would love to change there wizards apperance but just more than your accesories. I think this would be a great hit to all and support it 100% :D !!!

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
While this is a reasonably easy feature to implement, it's quite useless when you think about it. Here's why i think so: we are always wearing gear. i am not sure if you have noticed, but the hats we wear usually either give us a different hair style than our original or they completely cover the head. so it won't matter if you can chance your hair style mid-game because it most cases you can't even see it anyways. I think this is also why KI hasn't given it much thought.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
I think your totally right. I chose a really ugly hair style for my wizard, and I want to change it. i also agree that we shouldn't change our faces. In real-life we can style our hair, cut it, grow it out, you name it. But we can't change our faces.
Danielle Moonstone Level 40 Pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
I am good with changing hair color. I want to change it according to the color of my garments. I wish it is enabled. I am willing to spend crowns for that.

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
I love the idea although it has been posted millions of times but KI doesn't seem to want us to change our hair or anything not even our face though for me I would keep my face the same but i really do agree with this idea but i doubt KI will even put this in the game which they probably don't care about this idea or their just to busy to put a barber/hair salon while planning on putting a new world in for the complainers that there is nothing to do.

Destiny DeathBlade
Lvl 58 Myth

Defender
May 19, 2012
dolcoon wrote:
Devond101 wrote:
I know the potential issue of this would be that your friends may not recognize you (but I think they would still remember your name!) . . . .
This problem is spot on. It's a big reason, if not the reason why this service is not already available. (While I know you know this, I'll continue with my example for the sake of those who don't) As an example, you have two male fire wizard friends named Blake who are the same level. If both put on the same clothes, their hair and face would be the only ways to tell the two apart. If an option to change hair and facial features was added, one could change his face and hair to match the other. Then how could you tell the two apart?

While I realize that your post asks only to change hair, people would start saying "We can change our hair, why not our faces?" if this feature were to be included.

I kind of think this is KI's fault to begin with, since they allow people to have the same name as another person. My life wizards are both named Autumn Redleaf. I mean, they both look different, but it's the same person behind both, and what's to prevent someone creating a new character anyways that looks identical to one of yours and naming it the same thing? I don't see this as a valid reason not to have a barber shop or option to change facial features. I just think it's because they don't want to put in the extra time and effort it would take to code this. Personally though, I don't really care as I probably never would use it anyways.

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
Face it people, it's never gonna happen! KI has said repeatedly that they have no intentions of adding anything like this. Wizards will not be able to change their hair or their face. No means no means no.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009