Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Slow Down!! KI

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
Dear KI,

I have noticed that you have been popping out many worlds during 1-2 years. I think that you guys are more worried on making more $$$ than actually worrying about the people who invested in your game. I just don't see how you guys are missing some great details that make the game great. Zafaria for instance, I think was too rushed and most people agree that the world had many minor issues that ruined gameplay. Hopefully you guys will focus more on some issues we've been facing. I loved your game in the beggining KI but sadly, your "add ons" are making the game boring and not giving the right "touch" that Wizard101 created. Thanks for reading this. Comments and Opinions are welcome.

Defender
May 21, 2011
jason123321713 wrote:
Dear KI,

I have noticed that you have been popping out many worlds during 1-2 years. I think that you guys are more worried on making more $$$ than actually worrying about the people who invested in your game. I just don't see how you guys are missing some great details that make the game great. Zafaria for instance, I think was too rushed and most people agree that the world had many minor issues that ruined gameplay. Hopefully you guys will focus more on some issues we've been facing. I loved your game in the beggining KI but sadly, your "add ons" are making the game boring and not giving the right "touch" that Wizard101 created. Thanks for reading this. Comments and Opinions are welcome.

I understand, but it does make it fun to have worlds coming, but you guys need to think of things every wizard likes. for instance: housing items!! so many wizards love to decorate their houses, and get three! but no housing items where included in avalon, zafaira, and wysteria.

about wysteria, i think you made it a bit, unoriginal to harry potter. the spiral cup, the triwizard cup... four contestants one from each school a bit too similar, and i was curious if you asked J.K.Rowling.

also in zafaria: "the professor" he is way to much like doctor who or "the doctor" a red flying teleporting box? and little hand thing that buzzes? i am curious again if you got permission from the people who made doctor who. it makes the game a tiny bit familiar, to other things.

P.S i still love the game KI. i just agree with dis person :P

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
jason123321713 wrote:
Dear KI,

they dont want to lose money or players and income and they also have a new camershall out on tv(malistare gets killed by the fire spitter lol)

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
sydneypixie wrote:
jason123321713 wrote:
Dear KI,

I understand, but it does make it fun to have worlds coming, but you guys need to think of things every wizard likes. for instance: housing items!! so many wizards love to decorate their houses, and get three! but no housing items where included in avalon, zafaira, and wysteria.

about wysteria, i think you made it a bit, unoriginal to harry potter. the spiral cup, the triwizard cup... four contestants one from each school a bit too similar, and i was curious if you asked J.K.Rowling.

also in zafaria: "the professor" he is way to much like doctor who or "the doctor" a red flying teleporting box? and little hand thing that buzzes? i am curious again if you got permission from the people who made doctor who. it makes the game a tiny bit familiar, to other things.

That was the point they were making a reference.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
sydneypixie wrote:

about wysteria, i think you made it ... a bit too similar, and i was curious if you asked J.K.Rowling.

also in zafaria: "the professor" he is way to much like doctor who ... i am curious again if you got permission from the people who made doctor who

The only time they would need permission is if they are directly taking characters from those franchises, and incorporating them into Wizard101.

However, a character's "likeness" cannot be copyrighted, because it can never be 100% proven that the inspiration came from that said character.
"Often imitated, but never duplicated" is perfectly legal.

If KI really wanted to, they could create a character named 'Larry Cotter', with circular glasses, and a scar on his cheek, and they wouldn't have to ask JK Rowling a thing.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
sydneypixie wrote:
jason123321713 wrote:
Dear KI,

I agree with the people above me. Also when we buy a membership witha pre-paid card, we can't unlock open chat I: Because you guys want more money, (I Think) But, i know its not a proof of age... But the valid card isn't proof of age either! You could of put age 18 then the credit card owner is 12!

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Idk about you but I don't care much for the decor more for new spells,pets, and gears.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2011
I have one issue, and its the trees in Avalon... Why are they so cubby? I:<

I also agree with jason123321713.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
sydneypixie wrote:
jason123321713 wrote:
Dear KI,

I agree with housing and from what I understand, Wysteria furniture is coming out. YAY!

They didn't need permission from J.K. Rowling because Harry Potter wasn't referenced, nor is anything exactly like Harry Potter. at all.

They also didn't need permission because the telephone box is a standard thing found all over London. And the Professor wasn't named, or even looks like Dr. Who.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
XxCandyClanCanxX wrote:
I agree with the people above me. Also when we buy a membership witha pre-paid card, we can't unlock open chat I: Because you guys want more money, (I Think) But, i know its not a proof of age... But the valid card isn't proof of age either! You could of put age 18 then the credit card owner is 12!

The credit card on file is to show proof of age....and you can't simply falsify your age on a credit card application, since there is a lot more to it than telling them how old you are.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
Thanks for the comments, I do agree with SOME of the things said above. Hopefully KI will hear our cries and make Wizard101 a better place for all of us. :D

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
So, do you not want them to take out a new world like every 8 months? I think they're doing a good job. The only thing that could use some work is the gear, the next level cap gear should be better than waterworks gear.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
well, i always tend to disagree on these kind of things that ki has to slow down. i mean come on, i always get bored right after i finish a world a month from it, how do you expect me (and many others) to wait for what 5-6 months for another world?? what ki could do though is make us players busy while in the meantime go back and improve minor issues you mentioned for others to not hint out as needing to be fixed. other than that, i just simply cant handle waiting 6 months just so they could perfect a world completely, it would be an ultimate boredom. as someone else said, some of us really just want new spells pets and what not as fast as possible, so ki cant just me us wait that long. but maybe you are right in a way, actually i notice they are giving spells not that much effort and thats my only issue (i.e. right effects for schools)

Defender
May 21, 2011
ok:
for everyone who responded to me: ok now i understand, i was just thinking its too much liek those things in my opinion, and if they did rush as much, maybe they could think of more original ideas.

also about open chat with a card: its a big no: here are my reasons:
there is no proof of age, are why would you want to anyway when you can for free? and what sort of 12 year old owns a credit card? isnt it best just to get parent permission? if they dont want you to have open chat, dont try get it other ways, i conpletely understand them, some people say very nasty things. KI has made it clear they arent doing that. too many people have asked for this.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
hadi791 wrote:
well, i always tend to disagree on these kind of things that ki has to slow down. i mean come on, i always get bored right after i finish a world a month from it, how do you expect me (and many others) to wait for what 5-6 months for another world?? what ki could do though is make us players busy while in the meantime go back and improve minor issues you mentioned for others to not hint out as needing to be fixed. other than that, i just simply cant handle waiting 6 months just so they could perfect a world completely, it would be an ultimate boredom. as someone else said, some of us really just want new spells pets and what not as fast as possible, so ki cant just me us wait that long. but maybe you are right in a way, actually i notice they are giving spells not that much effort and thats my only issue (i.e. right effects for schools)

I get what your saying, but I've also heard of low world players being tired of completing world after world with no end. But I do understand where you're coming from.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Slow Down? This game has been out for years and you want them to slow down? You don't like the storyline or quests?

The first quest is to Defeat Malistaire and save the spiral, that quest takes you through Wizard City, Krokotopia, MarleyBone, Mooshu, and finally DragonSpyre.

Then you have the quest of stopping Morganthe and saving the spiral, that quest begins in Celestia, then Zafaria, and now Avalon.

Then you have the quest to save the spiral from the Frost Giant, which takes you through Grizzleheim and Wintertusk.

Then you have the quest to win the Spiral Cup which takes you through Wysteria.

So, in essence, to say you hate questing, is to say you hate the game.

The whole part of every quest, is to reach a point to get to the next point. Side quests are other people that are in need. You don't have to do side quests to advance through the game, but it sure helps with the experience.

If you made all quests easy, there would not be much to the game or the worlds, then everyone would fly through everywhere and complain that there is absolutely nothing to do. Have you ever just skipped all the side quests? If you have, you can make it through any world very quickly. Of course, if you skipped all the side quests, you may not even be Legendary by the time you finished Avalon. lol

So, my suggestion is, to enjoy the story line, make it fun. Change the way you look at questing, don't look at it as a repetition, but rather as an obstacle that you must overcome. There are also a lot of times, when if you do things correctly, you can have the same fights done all at the same time, so you are completing many tasks all in the same fight.

Nothing is wrong with the content or the way it is being released. There will always be bugs and problems, no matter how much time passes, because it needs to be released and tested by millions to find every possible bug. So, to those of you that don't like new worlds, new spells, new things, Fine, but you really should keep that to yourself, since you dont speak for everyone. That is rather selfish of you to state such things.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I think KI is coming out with items, worlds, and spells in a timely manner. Remember when Wizard 101 first came out, they started with worlds that would entice people to play and get them involved in the story-line. Now that we know the story-line, they are expanding on those ideas so we can move along and experience more detailed and deeper meanings in each world. If I had to wait for each world the same the amount of time it took for CL to come out, I would die of boredom. We pay for the game so we always have something to work on. I agree more crafts and items from each of the newer worlds would be great, but I would rather play through the story first. :D

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
A LOT of us have been paying to play this game for years. KI has been fairly consistant in adding new content, but in a sense KI does need to slow down for a little bit for the following reason.

There are a lot of issues that need to be addressed with the game now BEFORE any more is stacked on top of them. If some of these especially the main ones were taken care of before more content was added along with newer problems, a large portion of the community would be better able to navigate through the spiral with a lot less stress.

In case many of you have not noticed, even though KI has added "Areas" to the realms, it still becomes very difficult at peak times to play. If you are in a crowded realm, it really does not matter what "area" you are in. It is still hard to move or battle without some lag.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
jason123321713 wrote:
Dear KI,

They arent moving too fast. The only reason the worlds keep on coming is because they still need to make money, aside from the glitches they have to fix all the time. You should be happy that they keep coming, because then you would not get bored with the game and then leave.

Can I ask you one question: What special "touch" are you talking about?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Just going to put my opinion out here:

I will begin by saying I have no problems with the way content is coming out. Kingsisle does excellent, well thought-out jobs on everything from the Spells to the Worlds to the Storylines. But they need more then just new Worlds. Don't get me wrong, I love Questing, in fact I wish they had a list of Daily Missions that you could repeat. But they need the smaller things as well. New Furniture, new High-Level Gear from Waterworks-like instances(Darthjt had some excellent ideas on this one), a Search Engine for the Bazaar, even an Expensive or Craftable Arena Item for your Palace. All of these would be terrific add-ons to an already great Endgame experience!

In conclusion, I believe that what Kingsisle needs to do is keep releasing their fantastic new Worlds to explore and do Battle in, but also, at more frequent intervals, a few modifications and items and such that might not be game-changing, but nonetheless thoroughly enjoyable.