Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Plant suggestions?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Hello there, my crafting journey has been a vicious grind this past week. I still haven't even started the Ninja Pig craft quest and am looking for plant suggestions for these reagents:

Fossil
Stone block
Aether
Kelp

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
Hello there, my crafting journey has been a vicious grind this past week. I still haven't even started the Ninja Pig craft quest and am looking for plant suggestions for these reagents:

Fossil
Stone block
Aether
Kelp

Actually if you want to speed it up a bit, I think reagents have been updated, the stone block I collected in Wyesteria included a few fossils now and then. As for Aether - that I bought the transmute for and collected kelp in the Crustacean Empire as it has the most in one area - Crab Alley also has a fair share. Farming Koto maybe faster then crafting the spell in my opinion. My biggest peeve was entering Portico thousands of times for the pearls to transmute them to golden ones, geez, goes to show what lengths we go to for crafting.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
brwac wrote:
CorbinW wrote:

Fossil
Stone block
Aether
Kelp

Actually if you want to speed it up a bit, I think reagents have been updated, the stone block I collected in Wyesteria included a few fossils now and then. As for Aether - that I bought the transmute for and collected kelp in the Crustacean Empire as it has the most in one area - Crab Alley also has a fair share. Farming Koto maybe faster then crafting the spell in my opinion. My biggest peeve was entering Portico thousands of times for the pearls to transmute them to golden ones, geez, goes to show what lengths we go to for crafting.

I've taken all possible routes I can to speed things up, actually stone blocks aren't a problem but everything else is. I have all the necessary transmute recipes, I occasionally farm at the bazaar. I should perhaps familiarize myself with crab alley for kelp and crustacean empire. But most other things, I'm already doing. As far as Koto goes, after 40 rounds of punishing the pig, I just abandoned that method. At least I lost count after 40.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
brwac wrote:
CorbinW wrote:

Fossil
Stone block
Aether
Kelp

I've taken all possible routes I can to speed things up, actually stone blocks aren't a problem but everything else is. I have all the necessary transmute recipes, I occasionally farm at the bazaar. I should perhaps familiarize myself with crab alley for kelp and crustacean empire. But most other things, I'm already doing. As far as Koto goes, after 40 rounds of punishing the pig, I just abandoned that method. At least I lost count after 40.

Can relate on the Koto thing, I did the same thing with my Myth and finally just walked, well actually ported away. Funny story - week or so after I took my Ice wizard though as her quest required it and got it - what a waste of a cool spell since she will never use it in her deck, did show me farming for a spell or in my case anything is actually a waste of my luck I would rather use it on getting spritely at teen with my pets.

On another note am not sure I can say but you do know about collecting and switching realms?

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
brwac wrote:
CorbinW wrote:
brwac wrote:
CorbinW wrote:

Fossil
Stone block
Aether
Kelp

Can relate on the Koto thing, I did the same thing with my Myth and finally just walked, well actually ported away. Funny story - week or so after I took my Ice wizard though as her quest required it and got it - what a waste of a cool spell since she will never use it in her deck, did show me farming for a spell or in my case anything is actually a waste of my luck I would rather use it on getting spritely at teen with my pets.

On another note am not sure I can say but you do know about collecting and switching realms?

Yes I know of switching realms. I've been experimenting with marks and switching to see how it affects that. I learned that the ports are random. Sometimes I would mark in a place, switch realms then farm there. You wouldn't believe the farm wars I had with other wizards as we silently raced around the front areas of Dragonspyre snatching up stone blocks and switching realms. I would mark a location, switch, farm, then use my mark for quick routes to beat others to the items. But sometimes the mark would port me back into the realm I left. Other times it would not do that. Funny how that works. I learned its random so marking is a gamble. But I'm getting the items. Slowly. And to get a heads up on sunstones I just planted trios of deadly helephant ears and evil magma peas. Bleh.

Crafting isn't so bad, at least, it used to not be so bad. Quite a grind now.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
As for stone blocks, I would recommend Stone Town, its in the name after all! (Aether is sorta common in the bazaar, sold like 1 per minute, kelp is also in the bazaar)
PS: It does work, I have over 400 stone blocks, and almost 200 sandstone and nearly 130 Sunstone now. You can transmute stone blocks if you need, but I have around 30 right now.