Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 holidays.

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 21, 2011
Hello, i am Taylor Skywalker, and i have an idea for wizard101 holidays: this holiday: May the fourth.

May the Fourth as many of your know, is Star Wars day, and i think it is necessary if Wizard101 has a Star Wars day celebration. Why? because, about 60% (guess) of wizards last names is Skywalker. and a lot of wizards are called Luke Skywalker too. so i thought there should be a limited time (1-3 days, because of time zones) thats a world for ANYONE (member or not) can enter and its like the death start and that, or we could just decorate the normal places with star wars stuff. i also thought there should be like light saber wands and outfits from the movie (defianatle light saber wands) so, please think about that, it would be fun and SO MANY wizards would be dressed up at luke skywalker or princess layer or what ever, also include green light sabers, red ones blue ones and double sided red+green+blue ones.

-taylor skywalker

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
sydneypixie wrote:
Hello, i am Taylor Skywalker, and i have an idea for wizard101 holidays: this holiday: May the fourth.

May the Fourth as many of your know, is Star Wars day, and i think it is necessary if Wizard101 has a Star Wars day celebration. Why? because, about 60% (guess) of wizards last names is Skywalker. and a lot of wizards are called Luke Skywalker too. so i thought there should be a limited time (1-3 days, because of time zones) thats a world for ANYONE (member or not) can enter and its like the death start and that, or we could just decorate the normal places with star wars stuff. i also thought there should be like light saber wands and outfits from the movie (defianatle light saber wands) so, please think about that, it would be fun and SO MANY wizards would be dressed up at luke skywalker or princess layer or what ever, also include green light sabers, red ones blue ones and double sided red+green+blue ones.

-taylor skywalker

Um, no. This isn't Star Wars, this is Wizard101. Why would a game about wizards and magic "honor" a sci-fi movie?

Personally I avoid the Luke Skywalkers (and Taylor Swifts, to be fair) like the plague. sorry

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Lol, while it's nice to see a fellow Star Wars fan, I don't feel Star Wars has a place in the Spiral. I don't think we have developed motion picture yet, and we are yet to see a Hi-Def Crystal Ball. Though it is nice to see creativity about holidays, I don't think Star Wars-related dates are the way to go.

May the Force (or Fourth) Be With You,

Paul Stormglade, Archmage Diviner

Go Sparks!

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:

Personally I avoid the Luke Skywalkers (and Taylor Swifts, to be fair) like the plague. sorry

Rofl. Same :p

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Lots of Copyright would get into this, they'd need permission from George Lucas, and all these other people to get it going. Not to mention Wizard101 has nothing to do with StarWars. "Luke Skywalker" just happens to be a combination of names, they didn't put it in purposely. Same goes for "Taylor Swift"

60% is very unlikely, I see many skywalkers but not THAT many. I too avoid them and Taylor Swift because I find the names unoriginal, usually they are lower levels, and for some reason, many of them have a certain annoying attitude. Do not take this wrongly, I understand not all of them are like this, but a great many.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
RavenLady777 wrote:
sydneypixie wrote:

-taylor skywalker

Um, no. This isn't Star Wars, this is Wizard101. Why would a game about wizards and magic "honor" a sci-fi movie?

lol you forgot jack frost

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
RavenLady777 wrote:

Me too! LOL.

To the OP~ copyright issues aside, I don't see what w101 has to do with Star Wars. I'm a fan of SW, and Lightsaber wands would be really, really awesome... but, let's face it, it wouldn't make sense to have them in-game.

May the 4th be with you!
El Veeb

Survivor
Jul 20, 2010
That is the WORST idea I have ever heard!!! Hahahahaha...that made my day though :)

Defender
May 21, 2011
FireWizard123045 wrote:
That is the WORST idea I have ever heard!!! Hahahahaha...that made my day though :)

is it was, why did you bother answering?

anyway, it was only an idea because we only have like three holidays, and that excludes other religions as well, so i was just thinking of something fun. i mean, it would hurt to add lightsaber wands, at least one colour, or they ould do something like a small pack with the lightsaber ands and a treasure cards like the force, if they had rights to do that, i am not a taylor swift or aluck skywalker i am accually both because i thought it would be funny.

anyway i conclude here that they should at least have other holidays or something.....

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
sydneypixie wrote:
FireWizard123045 wrote:

is it was, why did you bother answering?

anyway, it was only an idea because we only have like three holidays, and that excludes other religions as well, so i was just thinking of something fun. i mean, it would hurt to add lightsaber wands, at least one colour, or they ould do something like a small pack with the lightsaber ands and a treasure cards like the force, if they had rights to do that, i am not a taylor swift or aluck skywalker i am accually both because i thought it would be funny.

anyway i conclude here that they should at least have other holidays or something.....
Well, Lightsabers would be corssovers, which I am not too fond of. The Force, again, crossover. And Kingsisle probably couldn't buy the rights anyhow. Anyway, my suggestion would be make a Winter holiday instead of Christmas and a Spring on instead of Easter, and so on, so other religions don't get left out.

Administrator
Current holidays in the Spiral include

Harvest Festival (November)
Yuletide Festival (December)
Friendship Festival (February)
Spring Festival (March and April)

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
thejordanator wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:
sydneypixie wrote:

-taylor skywalker

lol you forgot jack frost

Oh yeah! LOL