Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change to Polymorphs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
I've found, as I'm sure many others have, that polymorphs are becoming steadily more and more useless as the game progresses. This is sad, because the idea behind them is really great. Allowing characters to change into different creatures can be really quite fun, and the addition of the unique deck even more so.

Therefore, I propose this:

Polymorphs be edited to affect a character's stats by percent rather than by a complete replacement of previous stats.

For example, if a storm wizard with health 3000, storm damage %70, global resist %20, uses a gobbler polymorph, health would be increased by %30, damage would be decreased by %35 and converted to ice, and resist would be increased by %15 (for example), creating a wizard with 3900 health, %35 damage (for ice), and %35 defence.

Stats would be altered to make the primary school of a wizard reflect the new primary school of the polymorph (eg: A fire wizard using colossus polymorph would have his stats for fire damage converted to ice, then altered as described above)

The decks obtained from the polymorph spells would still replace the original wizard's deck as before. I would, however, like to suggest allowing the use of treasure cards with polymorph decks.

The amount of work for such a change would be the only challenge. 189 differences in stats would need to be calculated if differences are found for ALL stats and are not calculated for polymorphs of the same school as the wizard (eg, life wizards turning into trents will have no alteration to their stats; only to their decks), and that's only for a single polymorph. However, this change would help to bring polymorphs back as a useful spell in a wizards deck, or so I believe.

Any comments?

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
If polymorphs did all that, do you know how much it would cost? And just for an hour? At least a 1000 crowns. But I like the idea. One of the only reasons we dont see alot of wizards in morphs anymore is because it takes an hour to get rid of. Wizard 101 should have a potion that removes your polymorph if you choose to, coins and crowns.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
Sorry total mistake. It says polymorph, but I wanted to give the idea of buying the morphs in the crowns shop.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
There is a way to remove the potion transformations. You just right click the icon in the bottom left corner of the screen and a message will appear saying "Are you sure you want to remove the effects of this elixer" or something along those lines. Click "yes" and it'll go away.