Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

hating on the storm wizards?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Whats with people hating on storm? All of my storm friends and I are really nice while people are saying, oh typical storm so lazy and selfish. This is far from the case with me and my friends, so is it just a stereotype or what?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
thejordanator wrote:
Whats with people hating on storm? All of my storm friends and I are really nice while people are saying, oh typical storm so lazy and selfish. This is far from the case with me and my friends, so is it just a stereotype or what?

People are always going to hate on Storm, because it can easily outhit other schools. Of course, most of those people have never played a Storm wiz, and they have no idea what we go through, with our terrible health and base accuracy. I used to hate on Storm too, but then I made a diviner... I deleted the first one, because I couldn't deal with all the fizzles, but then decided to give it another chance.

Sestiva is now level 48, and my favourite wizard in my little family of them. She's in Celestia now, and I have no idea how we're going to survive all those back-to-back criticals with 1700 health (LOL). But, if other people have done it, so can we~ that said, I definitely need to get her some decent gear before attempting anything in that place.

Unleashing my inner thunder,

El Veeb/Sestiva Stormblade
Master Diviner & destroyer of... well, everything. :)

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
I totally agree with you.But i have one question.Why do we get so low health and we get so much fizzle.Just wanting to know.Feedback? :) :)

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
In all due honesty most people just hate the wizards that are more powerful then them, I myself can stand up to storm wizards up until avalon with my sheilds.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
To say the truth I like the storm wizards
Helps me/them because I am the opposite school of them
Saved my life many times :D
Evil in power, I know how storm wizards feel, my friend is in it,
been adventuring with him up to where I am.

Another thing is people shouldn't hate others because of what school they are in, they're just gonna have to live with it.
My friends are a trio (Myth, Balance, Storm)

Tyler WyrmBlood: Level 72 Transcendent Conjurer (Myth)

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
I just think there are two types of school. There are solo classes (ice, death, myth and fire) and assistant classes (life, storm, balance).

With assistant classes, they're god to have with you. This is why I don't hate on storm.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
From what I've seen, hating storms is like hating the cheating bosses in Celestia. But on the bright side, it is most likely because you just overkilled them in one hit. And when you're in pvp and they are putting up fifty storm shields and saying storm is bad, it's only because they are scared. I also know quite a few people who like storms though, so you kind of just have to ignore people who find it a valid reason to hate someone for thier school.

Amber Stormsong level 63 Diviner

ps. To completeman, storm doesnt always have to be an assisstant class, I do a lot of soloing.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Hey thanks for the feedback guys. I guess there are just 2 types of schools, and people that have never tried a storm dont know what it is like and how awesome it may prove to be. They most likely wont try it either because all they can see is the downfall of storm, when there is a huge upside too.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
wizard840700 wrote:
I totally agree with you.But i have one question.Why do we get so low health and we get so much fizzle.Just wanting to know.Feedback? :) :)
That would be to balance out our insanely powerful damage. And on the topic:

Two reasons: They are envious of our Damage. They don't like our spells doing 2500 in one hit on them. Too bad lol. But also, before Celestia, Wild Bolt Spammers gave Diviners everywhere a bad name. I was not among them, fortunately. But people won't let it go.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
wizard840700 wrote:
I know. You diviners do a ton of damage, kraken does 520-580 4 pips,
centaur does 515-595 6 pips. thats 2 pips less! i personally dont hate diviners, and i've never seen anyone hate storm wizards, but just sayig, my lvl 38 Ice friend has more health(2226 health) than my lvl 80 storm friend (2083 health). On the wiz101 website - magic schools say storm wiz focus too much on power and later suffer accuracy. just saying, i have 1937 health sorry if you take this message offending, i mean no offense to you people

p.s. go fire! go helephant!

Wolf SilverSpear
Level 42 fire

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
GBOY5436 wrote:
In all due honesty most people just hate the wizards that are more powerful then them, I myself can stand up to storm wizards up until avalon with my sheilds.
yea most people are jealous. i hate how ice wiz have so much health (i don't hate you Thaumaturges i just don't like you have so much HP

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
cameron225 wrote:
From what I've seen, hating storms is like hating the cheating bosses in Celestia..

Actually, I do hate cheating bosses in Celestia. LOL.

But there's nothing wrong with Storm wizards; like you, mine solos the bulk of her quests, though it's somewhat of a miracle that I made it through most of Mooshu and DS without dying... I also discovered the importance of carrying an off-school wand, to break off those annoying Myth shields on Storm bosses. Now, all of my other wizards do the same.

Go Storm!
El Veeb/Sestiva

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
thejordanator wrote:

When I was first out, I didn't like storm people. They always were rude, bragged,had big egos, and were not the nicest people by far. Other schools were more humble. There weren't very many storm people that did not follow that trend. So blame the people that came before you as to why storm doesn't always get the best reputation.

Blake

(p.s thats from my own personal experiences )