Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lets lead by example!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
I am thinking we may want to lead by example to stop the rampant rudeness and whinning that has plagued this game reciently. Think before you speak and how you treat and address others . Remember kids learn from example! If you want things to improve we need to police ourselves and attempt a bit of civility. For those who are to stuck on thinking soley on themselves i will kindly remind you that there are young kids on here and bullying is uncalled for and hurtfull to a child trying to make friends you were once there age and know fully what it felt like.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
How about kids leading by example? I find it's mostly kids being rude and disrespectful to each other and to us adults.

It's the PARENTS responsibility to teach their children social behavior. It's the PARENTS responsibility to monitor what their children do within the game.

The rest of us adults can only do so much. If we want to "stop the rampant rudeness and whining that has plagued this game", then it has to start with the people responsible for these children ..... PARENTS.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
dont get me wrong i fully agree but as we see so often alot of the parenting isent being done . Im not saying its our job to parent them but we shouldent stoop to there level as adults. If we continue reporting and politly pointing out that asking before jumping in to a fight would have been nice and maybe ask for a blade rather then demand one will get the results they would like may slowly correct the way they think now.If it doesent then they get the oposite outcome such as no blade and no help .I believe eventualy they will come around.Call me an optomist

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
There have been times where they have asked for help in a tower and I decided what the hay I will help and halfway through they said oops i have to leave. Yes i was fuming but instead I explained if you need help and leave halfway through it I will no longer help you again. Guess what they never left again.Try explaining how it feels rather then yelling.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
alex132444 wrote:
There have been times where they have asked for help in a tower and I decided what the hay I will help and halfway through they said oops i have to leave. Yes i was fuming but instead I explained if you need help and leave halfway through it I will no longer help you again. Guess what they never left again.Try explaining how it feels rather then yelling.
They may have had to go, you know. They may need to go to work if they're an adult, school if they're a kid, to eat a meal or sleep if they're either. So judging everyone by things like that might be a bit unfair. But I do agree that it would be nice if everyone was friendlier, but I also concur with QueQueg in the fact that it isn't up to us to do that.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I'll speak as a parent and a player:

I try to lead by example. I try to monitor my children's online behaviors and teach them manners IRL and in cyberspace. I try to show them that they have a better way to be than what they see.

Unfortunately, it is a fact that the large majority of children are not well-supervised in-game. Example: My eldest son is super into Minecraft at the moment. He has found 3 groups to play with on their private servers. Who are these people? Are they safe? Answers: I contacted the owners via e-mail, discussed their server rules and sanctions, and I requested that they contact me if there were any problems with my son's behavior.

LOL, ALL of these people replied to me: What a lucky son! and then proceeded to explain that the vast majority of kids who show up and request to play on their servers are doing it without their parents' permission.

I shudder to think of what happens to all of these unsupervised children in the vastness of cyberspace, with all of it's hidden horrors. Please help me and other parents to supervise the Spiral. If it takes a village to raise a child IRL, it takes a tight community to keep one safe in cyberspace.

Leading by example is the first, and biggest step, to achieving such behavior as we wish to see.

Regards,

Qbb

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I believe more parents should play wizards - just to see what is has become. Personally I am glad my grand kids have moved on when they did. The game I originally joined is not the game it has become.