Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Thoughts on PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
I've worked on lots of different "ideas" projects and suggestions to present regarding PvP in the past, and there are definitely lots of current issues to address, so I am taking this opportunity to lay out some thoughts about the PvP system.

I've been an avid PvP player since 2009, written several guides to help new players learn to excel, and been a Tournament Master for W101's biggest fansite twice. That is to say, I love PvP in this game.

Since Celestia, things have been out of sorts in the Arena, so here are a few of my thoughts and suggestions.

Mismatched level teams.

I wanted to put this first because it's the most commonly abused aspect of the PVP system at the current time. That said, I know the amount and quality of information that has been suggested to KI regarding this issue. I have nothing to add, except to make it obvious that this problem has been building for a long time, and something really needs to happen.

Contributions like "matchmaking101" in the central feedback section have covered the matching system problems thoroughly.

The PvE vs PvP Divide

The needs of the player base in these respective communities is different, no other way to put it. They will never be the same. KI cannot be expected to program AI which operates in a manner as sophisticated as a human controlled wizard. It just won't happen. But! I think there are some things that could be done to ease the tension. The most important one is PvP-specific testing.

Class balance is important in PvP, things are going to be nerfed. It's not a question. A company can try as hard as they would like to create perfectly balanced spells, and something is going to eventually slip past and create a need for balancing in the live environment. It does not, however, have to be as prevalent as it is at the moment. The answer is testing, and allowing players to better test new gears and spell during the test server period.

Private Testing

I would like to suggest serious, pointed PvP testing of new spells and gear behind closed doors. The biggest problem between the PvE and PvP communities is that PvE players get a spell they love, and then have it taken away. Obviously, the best answer is to never give the broken spell or gear in the first place.

A great example of this is the two pip wands and elucidate that were introduced on test with Celestia. If anyone had simply made a 4v4 match in testing and tried this stuff out, it would have been immediately obvious that killing an entire opposing team on turn 1 without their having a chance to cast a spell was problematic. It didn't have to hit the community, game players didn't have to be the bad guys.

Private testing before content gets released publicly is, IMO, the best answer, but it may not be the most realistic, so here's another idea:

Test Realm - Let us make better use of it.

Setting up for PvP is a time and resource intensive process. Theres no way in the few weeks that content is on test realm, that players have time to level wizards, craft the best gear, obtain all of their spells, assess and use the newly introduced pet talents, etc. All of these systems work together to create an actual PvP metagame, and it is far too much to accomplish on test server with any hope of having time to actually do matches and test it out.

So I suggest a PvP mode that allows a wizard to assume top level status, try new training point selections, and gives access to whatever new gear is available. Allow us to test the gear and spells in test realm, that's all I ask. It takes time to find/farm/test gear selections, and test realm is a limited window. PvP players need access to these things if they are to be tested.

It's not as good as never introducing broken gear and spells, but at least this way players are not spending money in live realm with an expectation that they will get a spell, only to have that spell changed on them.

Crowns Gear/Hoard Pack conflict

This is more of a personal annoyance, but I find the relationship of PvP wands to hoard packs is troubling. It is understood that in PvE things can become easier if you want to pay crowns. It is explained by KI as time vs money, as regards farming crown items.

This option is being taken away from PvP players with the hoard packs. The best wands, the ones with obnoxious amounts of critical block, are consistently available only as a hoard pack drop. Paying for easier content is fine in PvE, but we shouldn't have to buy our wins in PvP. It just runs counterpoint to the entire concept of a PvP match, turning them to a battle of pocket books.

I would like to ask suggest these wands become available as boss drops, or that similar wands get released from Diego for purchase with crowns or arena tickets - time vs money.

Ice's Resist (yeah, I went there)

I get that resist is Ice's thing, but as PvP players, we have to be able to kill each other. When one player has so much resist that it's not possible to kill them, that becomes a problem.

Additionally, resist compounds with healing, healing boost, and life mastery amulets to create efficiency in defense. When Ice's resist spikes like it has been doing with new content, their healing efficiency goes off the charts, and it makes the class extremely OP in relation to every other school in the game. Simply having low attack boost and low critical rating just is not a valid offset to balance the class.

I don't know what else to say here. Players are walking around with 50% general resist and complete immunity to Fire and Storm, and there's just not enough piercing currently in the game to counter it. It's broken.

The Turn System

The turn system is the most broken aspect of PvP, giving one player/team an immediate and lasting advantage for the duration of the match. If a pair of opponents are anywhere near closely matched, the turn system decides who will win the that match a great majority of the time.

Lots of suggestions have been made to fix the turn system, I know KI is aware of them, I will not waste time explaining them here.

Assuming that it's just not possible to fix the turn system, I would like to suggest that we at least get spells that consider the turn system and do not magnify its problems.

Mana burn is a good example of this type spell. Mana burn will burn an opponents pips, but it will not allow so many pips to be taken that a spell gets "dispelled" on a player with second turn disadvantage.

Spells that understand first vs second and that the player in second position does not get a turn to react would go a LONG way to making the PvP in this game more enjoyable and competitive for everyone involved.

That's all I have at the moment. Wanted to seize the opportunity to offer feedback because I saw it being asked for on twitter. Thanks for reading my ramble.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
This is an excellent post!

You mentioned being a Tournament Master on Central. I would love to see KI solicit input from TM's past and present about the PvP system. You guys understand the mechanics better than anyone and would bring loads of experience to the table.

I would trust the TM's completely as a panel representing players of all levels and skill levels!

My suggestion is for KI to organize a meeting or teleconference with these duelists who could very swiftly direct them to the most important issues and recommendations.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
So many great ideas here. Thank you for posting this. I especially lke the idea of a more advanced test realm fr pvp. This is something I would love to use, and I would be excited to give feedback. I rarely use the current test realm because I would rather experience the new world content fresh when it hits live. And as you said, the current one does not give ample oppurtunity to really test things from a pvp point of view.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
I agree half and half on Ice wizards in pvp. They put up many shields, but that's what ice is known for. Defence. But then yet their health can go very high. It takes forever just to lay one good attack on them. Does anyone see and agree with me? Hey and no offense to all Ice wizards out there.

Ashley MistDreamer
Level 69 Life
---- ---- ---- ----
Diana Raven
Level 63 Myth

Explorer
May 02, 2010
You defiantly hit the nail on the head with most of the serious issues. Only one I would add would be the use of High level TC in low level matches. Mostly meaning gargantuan and colossus by really low levels.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
heavyprints wrote:

I've been an avid PvP player since 2009, written several guides to help new players learn to excel, and been a Tournament Master for W101's biggest fansite twice. That is to say, I love PvP in this game.

Are you writing a resume? showing qualifications? Getting to a point? A Tournament Master, wow, should I be impressed?

Since Celestia, things have been out of sorts in the Arena, so here are a few of my thoughts and suggestions.

Yeah, since Celestia, things have been out sorts in the Arena.
Let me explain why, shall I?

PvPers complain and whine and complain and whine. They complain about spells, gear, resistance, & wait times. When KI does change things to try and satisfy the complaints, such as the biggest at that current time, the wait times, it created the huge mis-matches. When people made huge complaints about Ice's Gear giving them critical, critical block, health, and more resistance than Commander Gear, complaints poured in. So, KI made WaterWorks gear. Then there were several complaints about that.

Now, some of these same people complain that Waterworks gear makes the game too easy for them and that new gear is not needed. Not everyone is on the same skill level. This is a game for Everyone, not just PVP players!
So, 20 levels later and most are still in the same gear.

Mismatched level teams.

I wanted to put this first because it's the most commonly abused aspect of the PVP system at the current time.

Contributions like "matchmaking101" in the central feedback section have covered the matching system problems thoroughly.

Matchmaking101? lol, that's funny... The real solution is so simple. If you are playing Ranked Matches, all teams should be random and no Friend teams. Friend teams are for Unranked matches, that would be fair and solve the problems of mismatched teams. Quite frankly, it would solve many problems that currently exsist. It's not rocket science, it's common sense.

The PvE vs PvP Divide

The needs of the player base in these respective communities is different, no other way to put it. They will never be the same. KI cannot be expected to program AI which operates in a manner as sophisticated as a human controlled wizard. It just won't happen. But! I think there are some things that could be done to ease the tension. The most important one is PvP-specific testing.

Actually, this probably wouldn't help either. Just because PvP players are PvP testing, not everyone is on the same Skill Level. While some may find something difficult, other may find it easy to defeat.

Class balance is important in PvP, things are going to be nerfed. It's not a question. A company can try as hard as they would like to create perfectly balanced spells, and something is going to eventually slip past and create a need for balancing in the live environment. It does not, however, have to be as prevalent as it is at the moment. The answer is testing, and allowing players to better test new gears and spell during the test server period.

KI leaves that to the players. KI gives ample time to test spells, gear, worlds, and PvP. It just depends on the individuals drive to complete these tasks and give their feedback. Even then, people will complain about many things, treasure card drops, spells, power of spells, not enough spells, gear, lack of gear, crafted gear, the list goes on and on. People just complain and are never satisfied.

Private Testing

I would like to suggest serious, pointed PvP testing of new spells and gear behind closed doors. The biggest problem between the PvE and PvP communities is that PvE players get a spell they love, and then have it taken away. Obviously, the best answer is to never give the broken spell or gear in the first place.

Some things just need to be made, No PvP!
It's obvious, some things were not made for PvP. Polymorphs and Talos are not made for low level PvP. Insane and WildBolt are not made for low level PvP. Arena Gear is not made for PvE. Some things just need to be No PvP, such as if Elucidate or Simplify ever become a part of the game, or +2 pip wands. Actually, all + any pip wands should be No PvP, if you really want to test skill, but that is another post entirely.

Private testing before content gets released publicly is, IMO, the best answer, but it may not be the most realistic, so here's another idea:

Testing is one thing, but, who is to say, what is overpowered and what is not. It is a matter of opinion, is it not? Some so called great PvP players say that GS is overpowered, yet, I have had no problems defeating life with this spell, so these so called, great players should not either.

Test Realm - Let us make better use of it.

Setting up for PvP is a time and resource intensive process. Theres no way in the few weeks that content is on test realm, that players have time to level wizards, craft the best gear, obtain all of their spells, assess and use the newly introduced pet talents, etc. All of these systems work together to create an actual PvP metagame, and it is far too much to accomplish on test server with any hope of having time to actually do matches and test it out.

Not enough time? How much time is needed 6 months to a year? I always see tons and tons of wizards that have completed the new worlds long before test realm is up. They have their pets, have hatched many times and trained their pets. The gear when it started, did not require crafting, you actually got it from the recipe vendor. Not sure what more you want, a cookie?

So I suggest a PvP mode that allows a wizard to assume top level status.

I seriously doubt this is practical. So, you want the spells, you want the gear, you want everything handed to you, so you can test, stating it is for PvP purposes? Then PvE complaints come through, wanting the same things for PvE purposes. lol Doesn't work that way.

This way players are not spending money in live realm with an expectation that they will get a spell, only to have that spell changed on them.

If PvP players were truly as good as they say they are, not whine and cry every time they are challenged, I don't think things would be changed as much as they are.

PvP needs to have it's own set of Gear, Wands, & Decks. It should not use the same allocated stuff from PvE or from Crowns. Like many have said, you should not be able to buy wins in PVP, since PVP is supposed to be based on skill, however, many will complain that they spent this money to get stuff for PVP, but KI did claim to be able to make any changes that they feel necessary. Taking Critical and +Pip wands and all PvE/Crown Gear out of PVP would definitely bring Balance back to PVP.

I get that resist is Ice's thing, but as PvP players, we have to be able to kill each other. When one player has so much resist that it's not possible to kill them, that becomes a problem.

Additionally, resist compounds with healing, healing boost, and life mastery amulets to create efficiency in defense. When Ice's resist spikes like it has been doing with new content, their healing efficiency goes off the charts, and it makes the class extremely OP in relation to every other school in the game. Simply having low attack boost and low critical rating just is not a valid offset to balance the class.

Low attack boost, low critical rating, & low accuracy. As I stated before, PvE/Crafted/Crown Gear should not be allowed in PVP, but this is just my suggestion. If Storm/Fire is allowed to have their critical ratings as high as they are, the damage boosts that they "Can" Have, then it is only fair that Ice has the resistance that it does. Which also makes me wonder why being a Central Tournament Winner has any relevance, those tournaments have rules and restrictions. They are generally biased to specific schools.

It's called a prism. If not prism, Critical, if not critical, armor Pierce, if not armor Pierce, use Mastery Amulet of second School, it's called be prepared for anything, it is, afterall, PVP!

The Turn System

The turn system is the most broken aspect of PvP, giving one player/team an immediate and lasting advantage for the duration of the match. If a pair of opponents are anywhere near closely matched, the turn system decides who will win the that match a great majority of the time.

Assuming that it's just not possible to fix the turn system, I would like to suggest that we at least get spells that consider the turn system and do not magnify its problems.

I can agree with this, a spell would be nice, for everyone, if possible.
Also, make cloak entirely invisible to opponent, to where it is impossible for them to have any idea or clue to what you just cast.

Spells that understand first vs second and that the player in second position does not get a turn to react would go a LONG way to making the PvP in this game more enjoyable and competitive for everyone involved.

Actually, this is a good suggestion. Same could go for dispells, if a dispel is cast, it would not work that specific round, so that if a player is going second, their spell would not be dispelled, that dispel would only intitate at the beginning of the next round, this is something that would help minimize the difference between going 1st or 2nd.

That's all I have at the moment. Wanted to seize the opportunity to offer feedback because I saw it being asked for on twitter. Thanks for reading my ramble.

People are always looking for ways to fix PvP. The problem is, it's not that simple to fix PVP. PVP & PVE are growing appart.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
compguru1 wrote:
You defiantly hit the nail on the head with most of the serious issues. Only one I would add would be the use of High level TC in low level matches. Mostly meaning gargantuan and colossus by really low levels.

I have reservations about the level limit on TC's for two reasons:

Reason 1: Obviously, the matching system needs to be fixed before this can even be considered. I play low level PvP, single and teams, and currently these players need cards with larger attacks to get the job done. But I think there's a more important reason.

Reason 2: I have stated that I was a TM, part of my job as a TM was trying to strike a balance between fairness and balance in tournament matches. One of the things we noticed after "May Cast Unicorn" came out, was that the resists and healing available with full commander gear and "SPUD" pets created a situation where players could not kill one another. We had to limit players to a single healing spell from their pets, because they just couldn't generate the damage required to kill each other when infection became useless.

I think it could work, but low level players need access to other tools. The advanced pet system had a very negative effect on low level PvP because it brought in new talents and stats without providing viable counters for them. Low level duelists would need access to these counters in some form before limiting TC's in my opinion. I've chosen not to focus on that discussion.

For now, I think fixing the matching system is a good step.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
darthjt wrote:
heavyprints wrote:

Are you writing a resume? showing qualifications? Getting to a point? A Tournament Master, wow, should I be impressed?

I have used this to qualify myself as an experienced PvP player and someone who has taken active interest in the PvP System and PvP Community for quite some time. Also, so that people can understand I won't make unrealistic suggestions like this:

darthjt wrote:
It's called a prism. If not prism, Critical, if not critical, armor Pierce, if not armor Pierce, use Mastery Amulet of second School, it's called be prepared for anything, it is, afterall, PVP!

You see, I actually play PvP regularly, and I know how futile all of these suggestions are against someone with 90% resist. The arguments sound good on paper, but in actual gameplay they are a joke.

PvP players are not dumb mobs in the PvE environment. Prisms just don't work. You can maybe sneak one in if you get first turn and your opponent is not proactively blocking the prism, generally they just get shielded over and become useless.

Critical is also not a worthwhile suggestion, specifically because Ice's critical block is higher than any other school lol, and it is even higher to Fire and Storm. Even without much critical from regular gear, there are wands with enough crit block to offset and deficiency. There's also conviction.

Attack boost - did you do any math? lol. Storm can get like 90% attack boost. How much boost does it take to offset 75% resist? 300% attack boost. It gets exponentially worse the closer the resist gets to 100%.

Mastery amulets haha. Good luck taking down a 5,000HP Ice player with 50% general resistance using your mastery amulet spells that you have maybe 6% attack boost for.

I participated in some tests when Celestia first came out and Central users suggested a resist cap. I was against it, but I decided to do testing and figure it out. I tried prisms, out of school attacks.. I even tried PolyMorph TC's back before they were made No PvP lol. None of it works.

Armor piercing is the most viable solution, but actually getting enough armor piercing against and Ice player with 85% resist is a losing proposition. The reason is that this involves spears which are one time use and auras which are limited timeframe. The setup becomes complicated and gives your opponent plenty of time to shield and counter. If you attempt to kill them and fail, they just heal it off. It's dead easy to counter everything you've suggested.

The drawbacks Ice gets for this? Low power pips like all of the other elemental classes? lol

They get so much resist and block that they can skip the block wand and use Sidhe staff, giving themselves perfect accuracy and pips that would make a Balance wizard jealous. The trade off is having to occasionally cast conviction if your opponent uses vengeance.. ouch.. terrible drawback, right? lol

Low attack boost - Nice, it takes Ice 1 more blade to kill someone than it would take another school.

Low Block - False.

Low critical attack - Congrats, you're unable to land a critical attack without vengeance, just like every other school in the spiral at this point, except Storm.

That's it. The tradeoffs for this gear just aren't enough of a drawback, it doesn't give them some Achille's heel that can be exploited. It doesn't even annoy them, for the most part. There's a problem with the gear.

I think it would be nice if KI went back to the old gear system, where we had massive resist to our own school instead of tertiary schools. I feel like folks would be less inclined to say things aren't overpowered when they were being victimized by their own gear.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
heavyprints wrote:
darthjt wrote:
heavyprints wrote:

I have used this to qualify myself as an experienced PvP player and someone who has taken active interest in the PvP System and PvP Community for quite some time. Also, so that people can understand I won't make unrealistic suggestions like this:

darthjt wrote:

You see, I actually play PvP regularly, and I know how futile all of these suggestions are against someone with 90% resist. The arguments sound good on paper, but in actual gameplay they are a joke.

Of course you would say that, it's always easier to complain than it is to step up to the challenge. The real joke is saying, "Oh, it sounds good on Paper, but it's not realistic on the battle field". Sorry, but there are many ways to use prisms, especially with fire, who has some very very powerful attacks that are DoT and easy to use Prism on. The fact remains, as always, with PvP players, it is easier to whine and complain.

PvP players are not dumb mobs in the PvE environment. Prisms just don't work. You can maybe sneak one in if you get first turn and your opponent is not proactively blocking the prism, generally they just get shielded over and become useless.

In a PvP Tournament, where you are from, you know what school you are facing, you have as many possible shields for that specific school that is possible. So, in that case, yes, it could be. However, in practical and realistic Ranked PvP matches, your theory does not hold water.

Critical is also not a worthwhile suggestion, specifically because Ice's critical block is higher than any other school lol, and it is even higher to Fire and Storm. Even without much critical from regular gear, there are wands with enough crit block to offset and deficiency. There's also conviction.

Actually, if Ice is using the the gear that gives that much resistance, their critical block is not "Higher" than Storm & Fires. You can't change the gear to suit your numbers, the same gear with the same stats and resistance must be used.

Attack boost - did you do any math? lol. Storm can get like 90% attack boost. How much boost does it take to offset 75% resist? 300% attack boost. It gets exponentially worse the closer the resist gets to 100%

Have I done the math? lol, who do you think you are speaking with? 90% Attack boost? Storm now can have up to 113% attack boost or even more.

Also, storm is able to take all blades from Ice, keeping their attacks at a minimal.

Fire has Efreet, which "Can" take Ice attacks -90%.

Hmm, sounds like the odds are evening up a bit, Considering Storm and Fire have over 50% resistance to Ice, which is more damage boost than Ice even has.

Mastery amulets haha. Good luck taking down a 5,000HP Ice player with 50% general resistance using your mastery amulet spells that you have maybe 6% attack boost for.

Actually, it is much easier than you would think. Take a Basilisk pet or Orthrus Pet for instance. Since Ice is using the Life mastery Amulet and totally shielding your fire/storm as you say. A myth blade treasure card, spirit blade, 2x spirit blade treasure cards, so that is 40% + 35%, + 40%, +40%, + any Balance or DragonBlade treasure cards you might have. Basilisk even stuns for 1 round, while you feint, adding in another 70%.

People state they use fire with no more than 50-55% attack boost. While Fire can be up to over 70%, if they so choose. It all depends on how you play and what strategy you decide to use.

Especially in your tournaments, where you know what school you are facing, sometimes, it is good to pull something different out of left field, that they do not expect.

But then again, I would expect nothing less than excuses.

I participated in some tests when Celestia first came out and Central users suggested a resist cap. I was against it, but I decided to do testing and figure it out. I tried prisms, out of school attacks.. I even tried PolyMorph TC's back before they were made No PvP lol. None of it works.

Armor piercing is the most viable solution, but actually getting enough armor piercing against and Ice player with 85% resist is a losing proposition. The reason is that this involves spears which are one time use and auras which are limited timeframe. The setup becomes complicated and gives your opponent plenty of time to shield and counter. If you attempt to kill them and fail, they just heal it off. It's dead easy to counter everything you've suggested.

When you know what school you are facing, it might be. PolyMorphs are a joke, not even sure why those need mentioning. As for a Resistance cap, as I understand, some Tournaments have Resistance caps, which also shows the true Bias for schools, since that would severely cap Ice. So, it's ok for every other school to use their crafted gear or waterworks gear & pets, but Ice has to limit itself?

The more you bring up Central and their tournaments, the more you show how biased and unrealistic these claims are. Are you for Balance or not?

There is 20% armor Piercing from Infallible, there is 20% armor piercing from Unstoppable, but then, you give up the Colossal Enchantments. That is 40% armor piercing right there, not to mention any from gear or wands.

The drawbacks Ice gets for this? Low power pips like all of the other elemental classes? lol

Actually, Ice has the Lowest attack boost of all schools, Ice has the lowest accuracy of the elemental classes. Or do these not count? Are you just using what you want to back your claims?

They get so much resist and block that they can skip the block wand and use Sidhe staff, giving themselves perfect accuracy and pips that would make a Balance wizard jealous. The trade off is having to occasionally cast conviction if your opponent uses vengeance.. ouch.. terrible drawback, right? lol

Ah yes, let Ice use the Sidhe staff, see how well that block does against Fire or Storms Critical then. You don't know much about the critical system, do you? There is a reason the critical is higher than the block. When you have enough critical points, and not enough critical block points, it is highly doubtful you will ever block, so word to the wise, keep up that block, because if you don't, Ice's Resistance wont mean anything. Oh, but you PVP, or so you say. Have you not tried this out and experienced it? Apparently not.

Low attack boost - Nice, it takes Ice 1 more blade to kill someone than it would take another school.

Ah yes, the Blade theory. While apparently, life, Death, Balance, & Myth can all earthquake Ice, since they all use the myth mastery amulet & can heal. Myth of course has this ability on it's own and can use the life mastery. Storm can now totally take all blades from Ice, while having over 50% resistance to Ice. Fire can steal Blades, although, that is not quite as practical, but Fire can Attack/Heal with Link & Power Link.

Low Block - False.

Low critical attack - Congrats, you're unable to land a critical attack without vengeance, just like every other school in the spiral at this point, except Storm.

You need to study and learn more about critical and critical block factors, I don't think you understand the correlation between them.

That's it. The tradeoffs for this gear just aren't enough of a drawback, it doesn't give them some Achille's heel that can be exploited. It doesn't even annoy them, for the most part. There's a problem with the gear.

I think it would be nice if KI went back to the old gear system, where we had massive resist to our own school instead of tertiary schools. I feel like folks would be less inclined to say things aren't overpowered when they were being victimized by their own gear.

Ah, that is one thing, Finally, that you said so far that I agree with. Of course, Ice has always had universal resistance, but the added benefits of Fire and Storm are a bit in excess, but it does not make Ice Overpowered by any means. Ice can still be defeated by any good Storm/Fire PvP player.

Of course, nothing is wrong with universal resistance, as long as it is not excessive. What Waterworks gives us, I don't think is excessive, so what KI should have done, was keep the resistance where it was, and just add more critical/Block/& armor piercing.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
you know i darth i thought you liked pro feedback and thats what this guy did but yet you argue with him. PvPers complain and whine and complain and whine. yes i do agree with that but heavy did mention this and while he didnt mention the complaining i think it was pretty clear he was refering to it and all the other stuff thats been screwy all since celestia
all teams should be random

darth i am not sure if random teams is the best way to go because then you would have low levels who love pvp being put agaisnt levels above his own and plus the lower the level the higher the percentage if being put with someone who is 20 levels ahead. so that wold ruin 1vs1 for low levels. oh and lets go to 4vs4 now. pvp is all about skill correct. well is pvp matches goes random then you could have 1 level 50 being paired up with 3 low levels while the other team has maybe even higher level wizards than level 50
People just complain and are never satisfied.

yes i agree somewhat but you know those people who arnt ever satisfied outnumber others giving actual feedback in test realm and why because those who find everything just awesome dont post feedback(i assume they are thinking if they dont complain about it Ki will think its good to go)
Some things just need to be made, No PvP

yes i agree 100% there if they find gear thats doesnt work with pvp ban it and as for the spells weaken them in pvp ONLY. that way you wont be hurting the pve community.

you want everything handed to you, so you can test, stating it is for PvP purposes? Then PvE complaints come through, wanting the same things for PvE purposes. lol Doesn't work that way.

i am not sure how to respond to that.

it is only fair that Ice has the resistance that it does

i cant see how you think immunity plus 50 resistance to everything else is fair. even if you managed to set up a levy that could do 10,000 90 resistance would drag that down to 1000 and even if you did critical it would only be 2000 of 5000 health and why do you assume the ice wizard is gonna just pass and let you blade up and attack because another inteligent human being is certaintly gonna so something about it wether its attacking sheilding or whatever startegy they have. the ice resistance is not fair! thats all i have to say

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
I think it should be clear to anyone who has played top level PvP at all in the past year that darthjt greatly misunderstands the PvP mechanics. I did not come here to argue with people who want to troll rather than have constructive conversation.

I have to imagine that the folks at KI can understand the difference between suggestions from experience and pointless conjecture from folks who enjoy arguing on internet forums. I hope they find the suggestions here useful.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
@heavy, I wish more Tournament Masters and tournament winners such as yourself would post here on these Message Boards.

These are the players that have played in ranked PvP with wizards of every school and at all levels, and who have a complete and thorough understanding of the game dynamics and gear.

@darthjt, good luck with your Ice wizard, it sounds like you are doing pretty well with it.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
darth i have a few questions for you
1.do you think everyone is as skilled as you?
2. do you think all ice wizards in pvp arnt good at all?(cause thats what i got from you in your last post)
3.if you were an ice wizard and someone was using your on strategy agaisnt you would you sit there and pass every round to let them do it?
4.do you think there should be no complaining in this game what so ever no matter what the reason?
5. do you even care about other peoples opinions or do you even believe in the right of freedom of speech?
plz awnser these questions so i and everyone else can know if we are talking to an actual person or just a brick wall.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
gweedoboy wrote:

Always happy to answer any questions you might have. :-)

No, most people are not as skilled as I am, not even these proclaimed Tournament Masters that think they know everything.

2. do you think all ice wizards in pvp arnt good at all?(cause thats what i got from you in your last post)

No, all wizards vary in skill level. I have seen some very good players and some players that really don't have a clue what they are doing.

My point is, no matter what school you are playing, if you are good, you are difficult to defeat, no matter what school you are playing, be it Ice, Storm, Death, Myth, Life, Balance, or Fire.

3.if you were an ice wizard and someone was using your on strategy agaisnt you would you sit there and pass every round to let them do it?

Who suggested that the opponent was passing? Heavyprints made a comment that every move you made was always going to be countered and therefore will always be a waste. Hence not using prisms, etc. There are reasons we are only allowed so many cards in front of us and so many cards in our side decks. You will not always get the card you need exactly when you need it. Nothing is ever wasted, either you try and win, or you don't.

4.do you think there should be no complaining in this game what so ever no matter what the reason?

No, there are real complaints for the game, real concerns. Real issues should be addressed. Amber is a game concern, it needed to be addressed. PvP is a game concern, it needs to be addressed. New level 80 Gear is a concern and it also needs to be addressed.

5. do you even care about other peoples opinions or do you even believe in the right of freedom of speech?

I listen to peoples opinions and their options, but that does not mean I have to agree with them. What HeavyPrints basically said, is let PVP players have free reign in test realm and decide what is acceptable and unacceptable for release in the game. If PvE players dont see any of the new stuff, it wont effect them. So Basically, he is saying that PvE does not matter, only PVP does and that we are all just second rate citizens that need to cater to the needs of PVP and his kind.

plz awnser these questions so i and everyone else can know if we are talking to an actual person or just a brick wall.

I listen to all sides, not just PvP, but PvE as well. This is what most of you fail to realize. I am not Ice, yes, I have 2 Ice Wizards, but I also have 2 fire, 2 life, 2 death, 2 myth, 1 storm, and 1 balance. I am not biased to a single school. I look at all sides, all schools, both PvP and PvE.

This is why people either like me or dislike me. Because I am not always on your side and I bring up excellent points that most people cant rebuttal.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
heavyprints wrote:
I think it should be clear to anyone who has played top level PvP at all in the past year that darthjt greatly misunderstands the PvP mechanics. I did not come here to argue with people who want to troll rather than have constructive conversation.

I have to imagine that the folks at KI can understand the difference between suggestions from experience and pointless conjecture from folks who enjoy arguing on internet forums. I hope they find the suggestions here useful.

I don't misunderstand anything HeavyPrints, I understand completely. I have given you facts, which you obviously can't disprove, so you go to name calling and say that I am a troll.

Fine, call me what you will, but, I will not accept your request that PvE players be a second class citizen and that PVP players should have free reign of all new content and be able to say if it is acceptable or not, so that PVE players will not miss anything.

PvE does not cater to PvP!

Survivor
Apr 01, 2009
heavyprints wrote:

Mismatched level teams.

Crowns Gear/Hoard Pack conflict

The Turn System

These are the major points to fix in the current PvP system from my point-of-view.

There's all sorts of silliness that happens in 1v1 in regards to down ranking so that you can quickly earn tickets to buy the commander gear status symbol. Even beyond getting the tickets for commander gear, some folks insist on down ranking below private (500) so that they can get easy wins. This excessive down rank lets fully geared people get matches with folks 10-20-30 levels below them. I've had level 70-80 folks paired with my mid level wizards. I'm glad that KI finally keeps count of the folks that flee or run-out-of-cards all the time. These are the key ways folks do the silly down ranking.

This down ranking problem is made worse in the team world because the current match making system does a simple average of the team rank and the team level. It's common to see 4v4 teams with L1-L1-L30-L80, which has a team average level of 28! The same team will have Ranks of R0-R0-R900-R1400, which is an average rank of 575 - just over private! This mismatch problem makes for lots of mischief.

In the PvP world, Myth-Fire-Ice have always been the superior schools. As it stands now, Ice can craft gear that makes them 100% resistant to storm and fire. You'd think that 100% resistance would be an obvious problem that should not be allowed in PvP.

The person who goes 1st will win 70%+ of the times, assuming equal skill for both duelists. There needs to be a tool that the person in the 2nd position can consistently use to equalize or a handicap for the 1st person so that they aren't winning in most of the matches.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
darthjt wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:

No, most people are not as skilled as I am, not even these proclaimed Tournament Masters that think they know everything.

No, all wizards vary in skill level. I have seen some very good players and some players that really don't have a clue what they are doing.

My point is, no matter what school you are playing, if you are good, you are difficult to defeat, no matter what school you are playing, be it Ice, Storm, Death, Myth, Life, Balance, or Fire.

Who suggested that the opponent was passing? Heavyprints made a comment that every move you made was always going to be countered and therefore will always be a waste. Hence not using prisms, etc. There are reasons we are only allowed so many cards in front of us and so many cards in our side decks. You will not always get the card you need exactly when you need it. Nothing is ever wasted, either you try and win, or you don't.

No, there are real complaints for the game, real concerns. Real issues should be addressed. Amber is a game concern, it needed to be addressed. PvP is a game concern, it needs to be addressed. New level 80 Gear is a concern and it also needs to be addressed.

I listen to peoples opinions and their options, but that does not mean I have to agree with them. What HeavyPrints basically said, is let PVP players have free reign in test realm and decide what is acceptable and unacceptable for release in the game. If PvE players dont see any of the new stuff, it wont effect them. So Basically, he is saying that PvE does not matter, only PVP does and that we are all just second rate citizens that need to cater to the needs of PVP and his kind.

I listen to all sides, not just PvP, but PvE as well. This is what most of you fail to realize. I am not Ice, yes, I have 2 Ice Wizards, but I also have 2 fire, 2 life, 2 death, 2 myth, 1 storm, and 1 balance. I am not biased to a single school. I look at all sides, all schools, both PvP and PvE.

This is why people either like me or dislike me. Because I am not always on your side and I bring up excellent points that most people cant rebuttal.
well all i can say is im glad your not a brick wall. i guess you have pretty valid points but i still think ice resist is a bit to much still

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
darthjt wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:

P.S. i read this post again and i realized what heavy was saying. he is saying that pvp players should get all the spells gear ect the moment they enter the arena so that they can test everything out and decide what should stay and what should go or be nerfed. btw out of the 20 million only a handful actually do test realm(i am one of those 50,000 to about 200,000 lol not sure what the number is) and then only a handful of those people in test realm pvp so really you have about 0.5% to 1% of the people who play this game decide whats best for the other 99% now if my numbers are so off thats its just redickulous plz tell me.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
gweedoboy wrote:

I read this post again and i realized what heavy was saying. he is saying that pvp players should get all the spells gear ect the moment they enter the arena so that they can test everything out and decide what should stay and what should go or be nerfed. btw out of the 20 million only a handful actually do test realm(i am one of those 50,000 to about 200,000 lol not sure what the number is) and then only a handful of those people in test realm pvp so really you have about 0.5% to 1% of the people who play this game decide whats best for the other 99% now if my numbers are so off thats its just redickulous plz tell me.

This is exactly my point Gweedoboy, Heavy wants PvP to dictate what is acceptable for the entire game.

I do not accept these terms, especially from someone that can not find solutions to resistance.

Yes, Ice can have high resistance, but there are many solutions. It is possible for schools to be completely immune to some schools, but is that brought up? No, why, because they lose the universal resistance if they do become immune to one school, while Ice, still can have up to 50% resistance. Fire can be immune to fire spells, death can be immune to death spells, storm can be immune to storm spells, myth can be immune to myth spells. But all of these lose the universal resistance to other schools.

Ice is known for resistance, it is what Ice does. Ice was known to be the only school with universal resistance, that is no longer the case. Now that ice is given extra resistance to 2 other schools, people complain.

People says it takes 3 turns to get 40% armor piercing, this is not true, in 3 turns, you can cast infallible 20%, School spear 10%, blade spear 6% and enchant your attack with unstoppable 20%, that makes for 56% armor piercing in 3 rounds, not to mention any armor piercing on gear or wands.

Now, 56% off that resistance, with the added power of Fire or Storm, goes a very long way against any school. So yes, it is easier for these people to complain, rather than strategize and find ways to defeat Ice.

I have a problem with these complaints and with PVP thinking they can call all the shots when it comes to this game, since they cant even figure out a basic strategy.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2009
gweedoboy wrote:
P.S. i read this post again and i realized what heavy was saying. he is saying that pvp players should get all the spells gear ect the moment they enter the arena so that they can test everything out and decide what should stay and what should go or be nerfed. btw out of the 20 million only a handful actually do test realm(i am one of those 50,000 to about 200,000 lol not sure what the number is) and then only a handful of those people in test realm pvp so really you have about 0.5% to 1% of the people who play this game decide whats best for the other 99% now if my numbers are so off thats its just redickulous plz tell me.

I checked the OP. The discussion is about problem issues within the PvP environment. I don't see how "I'm good and can't be rebutted" is particularly relevant.

Everyone knows that the match making system is broken, especially in team duels.

Everyone knows that heavy down ranking is an annoyance in 1v1 and a serious problem in team matches.

Everyone knows that going 1st in a duel give you a huge, permanent advantage in the duel, such that those going 1st win 70%+ of the time. This advantage is magnified in team duels.

Lots of people think that crown gear is poorly thought out from a PvP point-of-view.

Lots of people think that the wizards schools themselves are not well balanced for a PvP point-of-view.

Honestly, I don't see an either-or aspect to opening the test realm for PvP testing. It's no different that asking folks to test new house game features. There are aspects of the game that are only seriously used in PvP duels. Cloak is a great example of this.

TBH, it would be good for the game if KI actually spent some quality time on PvP. There's lots of folks that grind on pets & plants to feed their dueling habits. they should be listened to as well.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
So where should I start on this one. I am a storm. I defeated an Ice with 80% to Fire and Storm, and over 5,200 HP.

And the critical a and block system is fine the way it is.

The PVP test realms I agree on 100%.

And since you're a tournament player, which I can't say I have expirence in, I can honestly say, if you're good enough to be in a tournament since '09, you should be good enough to work around these things.... right?

I may be wrong on all this, and in that case, my bad :D

Sincerly, gtafreak101
: 8)

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
darthjt wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:

I read this post again and i realized what heavy was saying. he is saying that pvp players should get all the spells gear ect the moment they enter the arena so that they can test everything out and decide what should stay and what should go or be nerfed. btw out of the 20 million only a handful actually do test realm(i am one of those 50,000 to about 200,000 lol not sure what the number is) and then only a handful of those people in test realm pvp so really you have about 0.5% to 1% of the people who play this game decide whats best for the other 99% now if my numbers are so off thats its just redickulous plz tell me.

This is exactly my point Gweedoboy, Heavy wants PvP to dictate what is acceptable for the entire game.

I do not accept these terms, especially from someone that can not find solutions to resistance.

Yes, Ice can have high resistance, but there are many solutions. It is possible for schools to be completely immune to some schools, but is that brought up? No, why, because they lose the universal resistance if they do become immune to one school, while Ice, still can have up to 50% resistance. Fire can be immune to fire spells, death can be immune to death spells, storm can be immune to storm spells, myth can be immune to myth spells. But all of these lose the universal resistance to other schools.

Ice is known for resistance, it is what Ice does. Ice was known to be the only school with universal resistance, that is no longer the case. Now that ice is given extra resistance to 2 other schools, people complain.

People says it takes 3 turns to get 40% armor piercing, this is not true, in 3 turns, you can cast infallible 20%, School spear 10%, blade spear 6% and enchant your attack with unstoppable 20%, that makes for 56% armor piercing in 3 rounds, not to mention any armor piercing on gear or wands.

Now, 56% off that resistance, with the added power of Fire or Storm, goes a very long way against any school. So yes, it is easier for these people to complain, rather than strategize and find ways to defeat Ice.

I have a problem with these complaints and with PVP thinking they can call all the shots when it comes to this game, since they cant even figure out a basic strategy.
yes i do agree darth but one thing in my mind has troubled me. what about a good ice player(like you for instance you did say you had 2 ice wizards).

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Heavyprints and Derhund,

It's an absolute pleasure to see that you have decided to
post on the W101 main site. I firmly believe that since
the Professor has stated that this site's posting is
reviewed and used in their meetings, your input is something
that is seriously needed.

Let me state one item up front, I have recently quit the game
completely (100%). I had played the game since very early 2010,
and have multiple Warlords at different levels, so I do understand
the game. I would not be posting now, but I was asked by my
younger brother to reply to this posting, and this will be
my one and only post on his behalf.

If anyone wants to reply to me, please address the Pve/PvP community,
and not me directly. After I make this posting, I will not be back on
this board or any other W101 board, at all.

I do feel that being away from the game, has given me a certain perspicacity, in altering my point of view. My problem is and will always be that I have a flaw with being ineffable.

To start with, I would like to make a few statements about some of
the posters that you will be engaged with.

As you already know, Darthjt likes to be confrontational. He does know the
Game from his point of view. The problem is, that point of view has no
relevance to the average player in the game. His belief seems
to be, if I argue my point hard enough, you will go away and no longer post.
If you don’t stop, then at times he has gotten personal, a grave mistake in
his otherwise well fact/based posting.
The serious flaw that generates a is single point of view in the postings, and
that doesn’t help the game at all.
Plus you will find that any reference to Central’s Tournaments is often
attacked by DJT. Understandable, as the rules in most of these
Tournaments are not the same as W101 PVP’s. This in itself
is an issue when trying to compare the two.

Golden Dragon18 (and Bessler) both have a most open mind, and understand
the game very well. Bessler and GD18’s input should carry a very heavy weight when input is given.

Queen (QBB), enjoys the game, and wants a safe environment for her children. She always wants PVE to grow, with or without PVP, since she has little interest in PVP. Understandable, and I have no issue with this.

TravisAK, someone who knows the game, and understands it very well. Again, this Individuals input should carry considerable weight, once you have gotten past his rough outer edge.

Gtarahannon, Gtar has not posted lately, and if this trend continues, it would be a great loss for the W101 community. Gtar has solid knowledge and has a very realistic point of view of the game. His frustration has shown, as he can see what many other are unable too.

There is a host of other that will have valued input also, like Bionaknight, CorbinW, Aritako, TheDarkestMask, Megan and many others.

I only have few things to say, and please don’t respond to the W101 community until you have researched what I state. No emotional replies are warranted or needed, at this critical point in the growth of the games life.

First, PVE is not subservient to PVP in anyway, and anyone that looks at the details and History of the game will finally note this is true. In fact, if anyone looks at the history of the game, they will clearly see that PVE has been foremost in the minds of KI.
Only after PVE’s spells have been setup, then PVP complaints are looked at.

It seems to me that PVE players want the entire cake, but please allow the PVP community to have one small Slice of the cake, no matter how small
( we are close to starving as it is now).

So “YES” PVP needs to be tested more in the Test Realm to control these errors for sure.
Nothing should make it to the Live realm and then have to be changed.

Second, PVP whiners get what they want, they ruin PVE according to many a post. This is completely untrue, and these types of comments should be ignored by KI and in any post. This is one comment that stands out, and is regurgitated over and over in post after post. It is not true, and is a complete falsehood when you look at what KI has really done. Judgement, Heckhound, Shatter and I can name many more that have
been whined about over and over, but KI never changed one.
Wild bolt was changed because it became what it was not suppose to be.
Guardian Spirit was changed, and KI has not responded as to why, but anyone knows that KI did it for a solid reason.
It had nothing to do with any PVP player, as they have never changed a spell unless it caused a real issue in the game. Please, think about this in detail, even review the history of the game. This is a fact, not speculation on my part.

Third, Mismatch Team Levels, yes this is a problem that KI is aware of and hopefully it will be fixed in the next release. The fix may not be what we want, but hopefully it will limit this to some degree.

Fourth, Ice resist, with the crafted gear is hard to beat, I can agree with that. I personally have found that a good Ice, if stuck second, can be beat. If they are first, then it becomes a different matter.
I agree, there must be some limit on the amount of resist, whether it be 75% or 70%, there needs to be a limit, to even out the average game play.

Note: What has become a real concern for me is this, add in the Wand with Guardian Spirit to an Ice with the Life Amulet. Now try to beat that Ice, you have a compounded factor here, a task that will be just as hard if not harder than trying to put down a Life. It takes 9 TP to
learn Doom and Gloom, not an option for most. If you use TC, and you don’t have a perfect setup, you have now an insurmountable issue. Again, KI looking at the PVE community and not looking at the effect it will have on PVP. Showing again, that PVP players are the real second class group in this game.

Last, the Turn System in PVP, yes this is the same flaw as many other games, but I agree, KI could and does need to adjust this. As it is now, I cannot remember the last time I lost being first, to a Fire, Life or Myth. Whether I was on my Ice, Myth or Balance at level 70 or above.

Gtafreak101, you have hit the very point of the whole issue, yes heavyprints can work around the issue, as Derhund and Darthjt, but the average player cannot……….. … . . . . .

PS, Gweedoboy, the next new worlds are Polaris (the Ice world) and then Mirage.

Kev, if you read this, I have completed the task at hand, before I leave, as requested.

Best of luck posting on these boards, and to anyone, don’t back off if you really believe in what you are posting. It could help the game more than you know.

I wish I could write more details or think better, but my brain is DOA, the AP tests have done me in.

Best of luck in the spiral,
Joe. (the specter of Joseph LionHunter).

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Heavyprints and Derhund,

It's an absolute pleasure to see that you have decided to
post on the W101 main site. I firmly believe that since
the Professor has stated that this site's posting is
reviewed and used in their meetings, your input is something
that is seriously needed.

Realistic and objective ideas and comments are always welcome. Some of the ideas posted are not bad, what I have a problem with, is that some of these PvP "Specialists", want everything given to them in test and be able to call the shots as for the advancement of the game.

If anyone wants to reply to me, please address the Pve/PvP community,
and not me directly. After I make this posting, I will not be back on
this board or any other W101 board, at all.

This is directed at the PvP community, but since this is such a good post and a frame of reference, I will quote specifically from it.

To start with, I would like to make a few statements about some of
the posters that you will be engaged with.

As you already know, Darthjt likes to be confrontational. He does know the
Game from his point of view. The problem is, that point of view has no
relevance to the average player in the game.

I would not say that my point of view has no relevance to the average player, since I am taking all sides of the issues into mind, unlike most pvp players and their complaints. PvP and PvE are not the same, the same gear is not used, not all spells are for PvP and not all spells are for PvE.

Here are a couple cases in point that verify my point of view:
Taunt/Pacify - Would a PvP player ever cast this spell? No this PvE use.
Infection/Mass infection - Would a PvE player ever cast this spell? PVP use.

His belief seems to be, if I argue my point hard enough, you will go away and no longer post. If you don’t stop, then at times he has gotten personal, a grave mistake in his otherwise well fact/based posting.

Interesting theory, one which I will not confirm nor deny, however, at the same time, while posting, I am giving facts, figures, solutions, ideas, & ways to prove my claims. It is up to the reader to either remain stubborn and/or be open and listen to the possibilities and learn.

The serious flaw that generates a is single point of view in the postings, and
that doesn’t help the game at all. Plus you will find that any reference to Central’s Tournaments is often attacked by DJT. Understandable, as the rules in most of these Tournaments are not the same as W101 PVP’s. This in itself is an issue when trying to compare the two.

Ah yes, a very clear point that I have been addressing. Ranked PvP is entirely different from Tournament play PvP. In ranked PvP, you do NOT know what school you will be facing and this changes the variables considerably, unlike those Tournament Players that state specifically, A school can not be defeated.

Case in Point:
If I knew I was going to Play a Storm Wizard, I would wear my Storm Immunity Gear and Have a bundle of Treasure Myth shields in my deck. The only possible way for Storm to do any damage, is by armor piercing/converts before my myth shields, or using secondary school spells. Of course, in Tournament play, they limit the amount of resistance, which also limits certain schools to what gear they can use, what pets they can use, while other schools have free reign. Sounds biased to me, does it not?

So, while some like to hear my ideas, comments, and posts, others do not. Additionally, I would like to add, the only time I get personal, is when I am specifically attacked. I do defend myself and can prove my statements, which leads me to believe, that since people do attack me personally, it is because they can't attack my facts.

Now, I don't know how this makes things one sided or limits the game, as I am all about helping the game and expanding it, just not at the expense of PvE or to PvP players that just want to complain because something is difficult.

GoldenDragon18 & Bessler both have an most open mind, and understand
the game very well.

Queen (QBB), enjoys the game, and wants a safe environment for her children. She always wants PVE to grow, with or without PVP, since she has little interest in PVP. Understandable, and I have no issue with this.

TravisAK, someone who knows the game, and understands it very well.

Gtarahannon has not posted lately, it is a great loss to the community. Gtar has solid knowledge and has a very realistic point of view.

There is a host of other that will have valued input also, like Bionaknight, CorbinW, Aritako, TheDarkestMask, Megan and many others.

I quite agree with Joe's assessment of these posters, they are all huge contributers to the game and the message boards. All of their posts should carry considerable weight.

I would also like to add in Colagada, whom I have not always seen eye to eye with. ShiningFantasia also has a very good point of view. I am sure we are still missing some and I am sorry for that.

First, PVE is not subservient to PVP in anyway, and anyone that looks at the details and History of the game will finally note this is true. In fact, if anyone looks at the history of the game, they will clearly see that PVE has been foremost in the minds of KI. Only after PVE’s spells have been setup, then PVP complaints are looked at.

If that were entirely true, spells/gear/items would specifically be made no pvp, which some have, rather than nerfed or changed.

KI does change spells, not only because of complaints, but because there is a need. Pierce used to be 1 pip to cast, this is a prime example.

It seems to me that PVE players want the entire cake, but please allow the PVP community to have one small Slice of the cake, no matter how small
( we are close to starving as it is now).

PvP is not starving, not even close. What might be needed, is a concensus, a board of directors, if you will, that is made up of not only PvP players, but PvE players as well, so that compromises can be made and that all the voices are heard, not one way or the other, like what is being suggested.

Third, Mismatch Team Levels, yes this is a problem that KI is aware of and hopefully it will be fixed in the next release. The fix may not be what we want, but hopefully it will limit this to some degree.

I am sure this is being worked on, there has been many suggestions, although, I am not sure how simple a solution will be, but the PvP community must have patience.

Fourth, Ice resist, with the crafted gear is hard to beat, I can agree with that. I personally have found that a good Ice, if stuck second, can be beat. If they are first, then it becomes a different matter.
I agree, there must be some limit on the amount of resist, whether it be 75% or 70%, there needs to be a limit, to even out the average game play.

Note: What has become a real concern for me is this, add in the Wand with Guardian Spirit to an Ice with the Life Amulet. Now try to beat that Ice, you have a compounded factor here, a task that will be just as hard if not harder than trying to put down a Life. It takes 9 TP to
learn Doom and Gloom, not an option for most. If you use TC, and you don’t have a perfect setup, you have now an insurmountable issue. Again, KI looking at the PVE community and not looking at the effect it will have on PVP. Showing again, that PVP players are the real second class group in this game.

I can't deny, that now that every school can have this spell, it makes some schools very very powerful and difficult to overcome. Maybe this is why KI decided to nerf GS, because with Ice having nearly 5k health and that resistance and you and in GS, wow, what a combo.

Still, this is a nerf for PVP sake and not PVE.

Last, the Turn System in PVP, yes this is the same flaw as many other games, but I agree, KI could and does need to adjust this. As it is now, I cannot remember the last time I lost being first, to a Fire, Life or Myth. Whether I was on my Ice, Myth or Balance at level 70 or above.

Gtafreak101, you have hit the very point of the whole issue, yes heavyprints can work around the issue, as Derhund and Darthjt, but the average player cannot……….. … . . . . .

We know the turn based system is rough Joe, we have all stated this. Yes, some of the good players can work around it, while it is a lot more challenging for the average player. However, Turns are random, there is no telling who is first or who is going to be second. But a way to mix it up some would be a nice addition.

Best of luck posting on these boards, and to anyone, don’t back off if you really believe in what you are posting. It could help the game more than you know.

I wish I could write more details or think better, but my brain is DOA, the AP tests have done me in.

Best of luck in the spiral,
Joe. (the specter of Joseph LionHunter).

Good luck in your adventures Joe, trust me, I will never back down on my beliefs and points of view, not as long as I can keep backing them up with facts.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
gweedoboy wrote:

yes i do agree darth but one thing in my mind has troubled me. what about a good ice player(like you for instance you did say you had 2 ice wizards).

That is not exactly a fair question Gweedoboy, because even though I may be able to fight my Ice Wizard, I would also know exactly what each was casting and when they were casting it, so it would not exactly be fair, now would it?

I have seen some very good Ice Warlords & OverLords get defeated recently, by Fire & Storm, so it is quite possible.

As for my Ice, well, that would not be a fair comparison either, as most have enough problems with my Death & Storm wizards, let alone my Fire, Myth, Life, and Ice.

I did not state my Balance wizard, because I am currently leveling her up after I deleted my other 2 Balance Wizards. Although, I found that my Balance had the easiest time in the Arena, he was a beast. Now that I have restarted Balance, she is even more powerful than he was, considering that I have better spell selection, better gear, better pets, etc.

I know this does not answer your question, but I am trying to be fair and honest to your questions.