Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lvl 1-10 Warlords?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
Quick question here:
How the heck does an Apprentice get the title of Captain?
Seriously? I'm here at the Dueling Arena and I see a level 6 Apprentice who's rank is captain! I mean, dang! Here I am busting my Wiz-Magic trying to get past 500 and he's already 703! :(

Is it because he started using PvP at a lower level that he moved up so fast?
Or is he just that good? O.O :-o
Another level 8 Apprentice with the title of Warlord! So then I guess that doing PvP when you first start is a MUST if you want to get a higher level because this guy has won over 200 matches!
Dang, I really regret not doing PvP when I first started...

Besides this, is it true that lower levels get more tickets than higher levels when they win
(Lower levels meaning Apprentices compared to Masters+)
I tested the theory for a second and my level 3 Pyromancer achieved 18 A.T (Arena Tickets) when she won whereas my level 51 Death achieved a mere 5 when winning. If this is so, then I might as well start over :P

I love PvP, so please no bashing on this thread!

-Scarlet R. Grandmaster Death :D

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
I do know what you're talking about. I guess KI felt pity (no offense lower leveled wizards) for the lower ones because they rarely can win a battle with all those high archmages and transcendents out there. I do not think you should start over. Just keep on trying, maybe do one versus one again them. Just don't give up...
-Kristen Daisyleaf

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
They use tc's and commander gear to quickly get a title of warlord or they team up with a much higher level in 2v2 to get some quick rank. This is how the title warlord means nothing anymore maybe overlord does but PvP is kind of in a bad phase atm.

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
It's a lot easier to pvp at a low level. You don't have to worry about criticals or blocks. I have a level 18 captain fire wizard. The matches are faster and easier.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
All you have to do is get a decent pet (resist,spritely, etc) preferably with a high level card. Buy some high level tc. Shield. Wait for pips. Wand their shield. And then one hit kill your opponent with the high level tc. If he was able to survive, repeat.

An alternate strategy is to team with a high level wizard. The high level attacks. You shield and blade the high level and be the shield breaker.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
These are players who use lots of tc cards and crowns gear. its not actually too hard because sometimes you play people who have just started playing and arent too skilled yet.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
Garrett15141 wrote:
These are players who use lots of tc cards and crowns gear. its not actually too hard because sometimes you play people who have just started playing and arent too skilled yet.
idk how but there's this guy who's a lvl 15 he's a warlord, but that time i was a lvl 42, and i got killed by him. i thought he was so easy at the beginning but is he hacked or something because his lightning bats did 697 with no boosts, and then i checked his stats he only has +3 damage to everything. what the heck is this a bug or what?!?

Wolf SilverSpear ~ Level 45 Pyro

Defender
May 15, 2010
pucci1 wrote:
All you have to do is get a decent pet (resist,spritely, etc) preferably with a high level card. Buy some high level tc. Shield. Wait for pips. Wand their shield. And then one hit kill your opponent with the high level tc. If he was able to survive, repeat.

An alternate strategy is to team with a high level wizard. The high level attacks. You shield and blade the high level and be the shield breaker.
Don't say that. This frustrates the heck out of me. Things known as puppet teams. And spamming high level treasures. This shows a big lack of skill if you resort to this.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
What they are doing is cheap they are puppets for a level 80 who they team with and they face teams that are level 40 ish now its know as puppet teams and is VERY cheap a level 40 can not block the critical attack of the level 80 and does not have the cards to even try to win against them its unfair and is a a critical error on KI for allowing this to happen before cl came out they even stop letting people use tc like rebirth and lord earth that wasnt thier school and when cl came out that got right back where it used to be now you a level 6 that teams with an archmage that can earthquake and have easy win for the level 80 because they facing a team that at tops will only be level 48 this is an unfair situation they call themselves Warlords and brag but really they have no skill and without the puppet pairing they would not have a chance to win because they have NO SKILL KI needs to put a level cap on friends that do rank you can go into rank right now and see over a dozen Puppet teams laughing as they win over mid level people thats not what PvP is I hope KI does something very soon

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I don't think they EARNED it. I think they CHEATED for it. They probably teamed with a high level for some high rank to get the title "Warlord", i wish it was changed to "Fake Warlord". But it is possible they did 1v1 for it. But the number of puppet teams in the Arena.

Survivor
May 08, 2010
eric123456789028 wrote:
Garrett15141 wrote:
idk how but there's this guy who's a lvl 15 he's a warlord, but that time i was a lvl 42, and i got killed by him. i thought he was so easy at the beginning but is he hacked or something because his lightning bats did 697 with no boosts, and then i checked his stats he only has +3 damage to everything. what the heck is this a bug or what?!?

Wolf SilverSpear ~ Level 45 Pyro

How come every time you post your still level 45 just curious? :I

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
I can side with both sides of the arguement. Yes, it is puppeting, and wrong, but does it really matter because, everyone has a strategy, so if you win with it use it. And i also know that there are allot of mean, nasty warlords out there, (being a warlord myself I should know), and they are nasty and braggy to the Privates just trying to PvP for fun and maybe some rank. I am a sincere 1v1er and I sometimes help my friend Nathan with 2v2. So we do sometimes get paired up with 2 warlords.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
Here are some of the top fake warlords

Amber Fireheart level 80 Fire

Cameron Legend rider

Taylor life walker

Taylor legend blade

Chris Sky shield

Chris Strong Sword

Jack Ash

thats just to name a few

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
Hi I'm Level 23 Life, I am a Captain. It is really hard to get to Warlord as an Apprentice, so I just leveled up some more because I decided I could PvP with my friend's puppet. I would usually get vengeance and fire dragon or storm lord while the pupper puts alot of shields on you then when your about to kill have the puppet flee. I wish you luck.

- Savvy DarkHunter Lvl 23 Life Captain

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
My theory is that they try to make another account that has the same low level as them and then only try to fight that account. Mabey.....

Explorer
May 18, 2010
Ah, the "Fake Warlords". Usually in 1v1s, they use a lot of high level tc and tower shields. They also tend to use weakness a lot too. High level treasure cards usually works for the low level because there isn't too much health in low levels. So the high level treasure cards can kill easy. And of course, there are the minions to break the shields for them.

Then there is the 2v2 Puppet teams. Usually a high level will set up for an attack while the lower level blades and break shields. It' harder for the opponents if they are low level because a high level has around 2-4 thousand health which would be harder to kill.

I use to have a PvP team when I was level 48. We were good because we usually had a good plan. Well we did pretty well around our own levels. Then we started going against Puppet teams (level 60 was level cap at that time) and losing a whole bunch. My PvP team quit just because of so many Puppet teams.

I'm starting to think that PvP is going down hill and that it's starting to ruin the game a little.

Aaron ShadowEyes
Archmage Theurgist

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
pvp needs a massive over haul i can tell you when my life wizard was level 10 i did not use treasure cards not once i won by keeping my self healed i even made knight then after knight i started losing rapidly all because the lowbies
started using wild bolt TC with out treasure cards at lvl 1-10 life is unstopable
KI needs to take in to account what treasure cards should and should not be in certain level brackets of pvp certain TC should and should not be in pvp

cards that should be in pvp reshuffle earthquake blades and shields other than that i dont think any other TC needs to be in pvp to me TC stands for training cards the only TC i use now is earthquake i dont need any thing PS im a lvl 59 life wizard looking for a 2v2 partner

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
loindark wrote:
Here are some of the top fake warlords

Amber Fireheart level 80 Fire

Cameron Legend rider

Taylor life walker

Taylor legend blade

Chris Sky shield

Chris Strong Sword

Jack Ash

thats just to name a few

Don't name names

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
Actually, not everyone uses puppets or Lots of TC to get to a high rank, I created a ice and he is a captain (702) and i have never used a puppet, I just use monstrous and snow man and shields and heals, in fact, the only TC I use is montrous. Some people actually try and earn there badges, doesn't mean they are fake :) I have veteran gear and heartsteel so my global resist is enough while I do my own spells, which is what a lot of people do, just cause some people use a lot of high lvl TC doesn't mean everyone does......

Joshua UnicornBringer lvl 10 theurgist Captain
Isaiah Griffinthorn lvl 66 sorcerer

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Most people do low level PvP that are warlords. Heck, 28 and 38 are the best 1v1 levels! (Its really fair at that level :P) I am actually going to delete my balance wizard at level 30 cause I accidently overleveled him twice. And I wanna be in some central JHoC tournaments ^-^ (Junior Head of Class)

Why these levels?
Balance can get:
Helping Hands
Bladestorm
Balanceblade
Spectral Blast
Judgement
Sprite
Tower
Infection

Those are the ones of the upmost importance :)
However, they do ABSOLUTELY no sidequests. Why? So they can finish marleybone for bladestorm or their spell! (Otherwise you will be 29+)

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
yeah most people do use tc but rebirth NO WAY!!!! and lvl 6 warlords are just crazy and maybe it is because they make another accounts and just fight em SOOOoo... i think they should not let them use certain treasure cards

like rebirth leviathon (especially ) if that would happen i would be happy :D :) so ki really need to fix it i do AGREE!!! and maybe they ask their warlord friends to let them win in battle :I so that is what i think and i am lvl 45 conjuer and my name is adrian ghostmask

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
624711 on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
yeah most people do use tc but rebirth NO WAY!!!! and lvl 6 warlords are just crazy and maybe it is because they make another accounts and just fight em SOOOoo... i think they should not let them use certain treasure cards

like rebirth leviathon (especially ) if that would happen i would be happy :D :) so ki really need to fix it i do AGREE!!! and maybe they ask their warlord friends to let them win in battle :I so that is what i think and i am lvl 45 conjuer and my name is adrian ghostmask
Well, If its by 1v1 and fighting level 40's Good job! i know quite a few low level warlords that NEVER puppeted ever. i dont know why people assume the worst in people instead of the best!

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
KOblivion on Nov 30, 2012 wrote:
Well, If its by 1v1 and fighting level 40's Good job! i know quite a few low level warlords that NEVER puppeted ever. i dont know why people assume the worst in people instead of the best!
i have a death wizard on whom i FAIRLY earned my title of pvp knight. ill admit it took awhile but i EARNED it. i once ran into a warlord ice whos resist was nearly at 50% and i still won making myself go from veteran to knight.he used spo many tc on me yet i still won lol. that was too funny. all i did was wait for enough pips and then used animate. and i usually get lord nightshade. i started pvp on my death at lvl 38. it was soooo much easier thx to doom and gloom. i would get their health low enough and then throw out doom and gloom XD. and id let lord nightshade constantly hit them with fire elf to get rid of shields. death honestly by far has great pvp spells.

Kane Nightweaver-84 Storm
Kane Nightweaver-81 Balance
Malorn Shadowwalker-47 Death (PVP Knight)earned fairly :P