Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Broken quest for Ice mages?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 07, 2008
I am currently doing the quest to get the Ice Giant spell for Ice Mages and have completed up to the mooshu troll in the Crimson Fields.
The problem is that when I enter Crimson Fields and follow the arrow for the quest, I end up at a building with still 100 steps to go and can't enter that building. (must be a HUGE building!)
The map doesn't indicate where the Grum Foultooth is.
The arrow and wording DOES show Grum foultooth quest active.
I am level 50 so level should not be a problem.
the building I am led to is the SE most building on map.

Can anyone help me complete this quest?

Administrator
Every transition between areas counts as 100 steps. If you to through that door, it counts as 100 steps.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
In crimson fields you must do the instanced to get to Grum even if you have already done the instanced already. Hope this helps!

Tazard wrote:
I am currently doing the quest to get the Ice Giant spell for Ice Mages and have completed up to the mooshu troll in the Crimson Fields.
The problem is that when I enter Crimson Fields and follow the arrow for the quest, I end up at a building with still 100 steps to go and can't enter that building. (must be a HUGE building!)
The map doesn't indicate where the Grum Foultooth is.
The arrow and wording DOES show Grum foultooth quest active.
I am level 50 so level should not be a problem.
the building I am led to is the SE most building on map.

Can anyone help me complete this quest?

Survivor
Sep 07, 2008
In crimson fields you must do the instanced to get to Grum even if you have already done the instanced already. Hope this helps!

So the reason I can't go through the door is that I need to 'activate' it in the Instance?
Why didn't I think of that?!!

Thanks, I'll give that a try!