Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lantern Lit Blue

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
In upper Caer Lyon. The lantern in front of the cottage that houses Innes Idle, is lit blue.
When I enter it, there is no quest waiting for me.

Found another lantern still lit blue for me.

In front of dungeon "Keep of Ganelon".
I think this is the final dungeon, in the Outer Yard.
I have gone through this twice. I even have the swords to prove it.

Why are these two lanterns still lit blue, if I have completed the intended quests for them?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I am having the same problem with one at the hut of Captain Bheki Blackhoof in the Savannah on my now transcendent life wizard. I have run all of the Savannah and Zamunda twice on this wizard and it is still lit. This wizard is currently in the Drum Jungle. I also think I am missing some XP on this same wizard but have not been able to get any of this resolved.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
does it matter if you did the quest?

It does if you didn't get the credit for it. And that is what I have been trying to find out.

Administrator
Seems this is an ongoing bothersome bug.

If you are confident you completed the quest, ignore the blue light but come back here to this post and reply - telling us the name of the dungeon so we can start playing whack-a-mole with this troublesome bug.

community@wizard101.com
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Thank you Professor Greyrose.

I believe the quest that I did was "Road to Zamunda" given by Captain Bheki Blackhoof. For some reason, even though I have run through Savannah twice on my now Transcendent Life, it did not change the Blue Lantern to yellow.

Administrator
I just encountered it myself on Tomb of the Nameless in the Wyrd!

(yes some days I try to get in a bit of play at work!)

community@wizard101.com
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:

So the question is that when you encoutered the problem (blue light still lit) did you get the credit? I often seen blue lights in places i completed so unless i see it in my quest or go in there and see someone with a quest (also a possiblility) i tend to think its a glitch.

There are many.

So that is was i was asking if the poster got the quest and if so did the color matter.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009

(but when she does, she secretly plays a fire wizard.....shhhh)

Administrator
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
kingurz wrote:

(but when she does, she secretly plays a fire wizard.....shhhh)

so thats why i saw a lava man pet next to a wizard named firerose
( just joking lolz )

and on topic
i never encountered this glitch sry i just like reading replies

Survivor
May 06, 2011
goldendragon18 wrote:
I am having the same problem with one at the hut of Captain Bheki Blackhoof in the Savannah on my now transcendent life wizard. I have run all of the Savannah and Zamunda twice on this wizard and it is still lit. This wizard is currently in the Drum Jungle. I also think I am missing some XP on this same wizard but have not been able to get any of this resolved.

I was there the other day, I had the same problem, as did my brother, When we got to Mirror lake, Morganthe Wasn't there! What do i do?