Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Search for your friend!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Ok, recently, i read a post that said "accidentally deleted my friends" or something like that. and this idea immediately popped into my head. why shouldn't we be able to search for our friends? It would be cool. Here is how it works:

When you click friends, no matter what page you are on, there can be a search engine. what the engine will do is when you type in (for example me, Eric Legendrider) You must correctly capitalize the names. It will add a list of all the Eric legendriders in the world. If you click them, it shows their school, and what level they are. From there you can have add a friend and all that.

So, what do you guys think?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
What if there is say...over a thousand of them.Would you click through each one trying to find a friend? A simpler solution would be more careful,so that friends are not accidentally deleted.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
If something like that was added to the game. It would allow players to bully and harass other players more easily. Lets suppose that I removed someone had remove someone because they were bugging them for a gift. What if the person decided to use that search engine to find them and continue bothering them about it? All kinds of other things can happen as well. I do not support this idea. This is after the internet and this game is does not want people sharing person info.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
advtech wrote:
Ok, recently, i read a post that said "accidentally deleted my friends" or something like that. and this idea immediately popped into my head. why shouldn't we be able to search for our friends? It would be cool. Here is how it works:

When you click friends, no matter what page you are on, there can be a search engine. what the engine will do is when you type in (for example me, Eric Legendrider) You must correctly capitalize the names. It will add a list of all the Eric legendriders in the world. If you click them, it shows their school, and what level they are. From there you can have add a friend and all that.

So, what do you guys think?

Generally-speaking, it's a great idea... but there are so many people in the Spiral that the servers would blow up anytime someone used this feature. Perhaps a slight tweak would be to have it show only the Eric Legendriders who are online at the time of your search?

Happy travels,
El Veeb

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
Hmm, pretty good idea. I'd use it. How many time have you been in a battle and someone got dragged in who just happened to be really nice, but you didn't get the chance to friend them because they died and your friend killed all they enemies before you could heal mr. nice dude? Well, once, but I really wanted to friend that guy!

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Totally agree! If you accidently delete someone, you can just type in their name and re-add them.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
What if there is say...over a thousand of them.Would you click through each one trying to find a friend? A simpler solution would be more careful,so that friends are not accidentally deleted.

Well, i dont think there would be 1000 Eric legendriders..... there are more than one hundred names to name your wizard, why would there be 1000 eric legendriders? how many eric legendriders have you seen?

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
AaronMerriin wrote:
If something like that was added to the game. It would allow players to bully and harass other players more easily. Lets suppose that I removed someone had remove someone because they were bugging them for a gift. What if the person decided to use that search engine to find them and continue bothering them about it? All kinds of other things can happen as well. I do not support this idea. This is after the internet and this game is does not want people sharing person info.

This is completely NOT what i meant.

did you look thoroughly at my post? it didnt say you chat to them, it said you can add them, and look at their stats, et cetera. Now how would that harass players? If they had the option to block all friends request, then thats out of the question, isnt it?

Plus, we can already look at someone's info, just by clicking them and clicking the arrow at the bottom.....

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
advtech wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:

Well, i dont think there would be 1000 Eric legendriders..... there are more than one hundred names to name your wizard, why would there be 1000 eric legendriders? how many eric legendriders have you seen?
First, that's kind of off-topic of the thread. Second: If there are 1000 Luke Skywalkers, then there can be 1000 Eric Legendriders. Third: Hmm. This could be a nice idea. Needs some work, though. Filters to narrow it down, maybe? Maybe the ability to also search by Level, School, and Current Location in addition to name?

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
advtech wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:

First, that's kind of off-topic of the thread. Second: If there are 1000 Luke Skywalkers, then there can be 1000 Eric Legendriders. Third: Hmm. This could be a nice idea. Needs some work, though. Filters to narrow it down, maybe? Maybe the ability to also search by Level, School, and Current Location in addition to name?

Well, I don't think its off topic at all.

If it is, can you explain to me why, because in my opinion it has something to do with the thread. Its like a parent to offspring situation. Its breaking down the problems that would happen with this.

Explorer
May 27, 2012
Well, if you have seen 1000 Eric LegendRiders, I have seen 9000 Cody SkullBloods. This game is overloaded with Cody SkullBloods. I'm the only Mark Duskhorn in town! Besides that, I have seen dozens of people naming thier characters Luke Skywalker, Wolf, Fallon Angel, etc.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
advtech wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:

With over 24 million users, it's more than possible... in fact, it's probable that all 'unique' wizard names have been used over and over again.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
advtech wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:

True but you know, maybe if you can type in thier lvl and school that would take most of them off. Name: ? Lvl: ? School: ?
Hope this helped :D
Alyssa SparkleGlen lvl 41 Ice
Working On: Mooshu

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
thepeakisalie wrote:
Well, if you have seen 1000 Eric LegendRiders, I have seen 9000 Cody SkullBloods. This game is overloaded with Cody SkullBloods. I'm the only Mark Duskhorn in town! Besides that, I have seen dozens of people naming thier characters Luke Skywalker, Wolf, Fallon Angel, etc.

...And Hunter Skullflame, and Taylor Swift.

-

I wanted to add to bionaknight's idea: if we could search by name, level, school, and the world that person is in, it would make things a lot easier. A table or chart (like in the bazaar) could be useful: wizard name (first, last), school, level and world.

Names would be listed in descending order by level, and sorted alphabetically by school... So Balance wizards with that name (from level 80, down to 1) would be listed first, followed by Death, Fire, etc. Hovering over the person's name could even show a little picture, like the gear in our backpacks.

Examples:

Laura Shadowsong, Balance (80), Avalon>Outer Yard
Laura Shadowsong, Balance (72), Avalon>Caliburn
Laura Shadowsong, Death (79), Zafaria> Zamunda Outskirts
Laura Shadowsong, Death (66), Celestia>Crustacean Empire
Laura Shadowsong, Death (64), Celestia>Stormriven
Laura Shadowsong, Fire (76), Avalon>Abbey Road

...and so on.

Once you find your friend, send her (or him) a friend request~ the box will pop up, prompting her to accept or reject. If friend requests are disabled, the sender will get the message stating that so-and-so is not accepting friend requests.

Hope this made at least some sense. ;)