Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Out of Luck, Out of Patience

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 03, 2011
I have written here before about the way the "luck" aspect of this game has been driving me a bit crazy. I farm for staffs, get none. I try to help my son craft the tag game, but no amber ever drops. But this is kind of the last straw. I have been trying to help people get a good pet--my Grimoire, which has Sprite, Unicorn, Defy, and Proof. I was fortunate enough to find a nice person on Central who helped me hatch and hatch and hatch to get this pet. So I wanted to "pay it forward," and help others. So this is what happened. I advertised the book on Central, and got a bunch of people who wanted to get the book. I hatched. And farmed. And hatched. And farmed. For weeks. And out of the last 13 hatches--yes, 13!--no one has gotten the book. No one, not even me.

Wouldn't you think, even if it's random, that out of those 26 pets, one would be a Grimoire? Nope. It was the other person's pet every time. And now I just can't see why I should keep beating my head against the wall anymore. I mean, 13 times, not once did anyone get the book! It's weird, it's wrong, and it's enough. This game isn't really fun anymore. If I want to spend my recreation time waiting for luck, I can just buy lottery tickets. Maybe I just don't have the right temperament for games of chance. And that's really what the game has become--the idea of earning things has gradually faded away, and more and more things are just based on luck.

I don't really want my kid to think that's how life works, you know? Because it doesn't. Hard work does pay off. Just not in Wizard 101. I am sad, because it used to be so fun. I think I've had it, though. :(

Tabitha

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
You are not alone, more and more are starting to feel this same way - I am one.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
aww too bad. Where and when do you usually stay for the hatching? I want that pet badly. Perhaps We can try again?

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Hmm. Pet Hatching can be a risky game. Hatched for Blossom Pixie, get Rain Beetle (Yep, happened last week). I eventually, several months ago, got a good Rain Beetle, so I keep using him. I don't reall craft, either. I find it well into the area of painstaking. I do mostly PvP, where I can put my strategies and love of W101's combat to good use.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Sarahnimo wrote:
aww too bad. Where and when do you usually stay for the hatching? I want that pet badly. Perhaps We can try again?

seriously? did you read the post? this one isnt looking to hatch he wants to know why so much, like hatching as an example relies on chance.

I tend to agree. You can almost hear them in a room trying to find a way to milk us out of more crowns. Oh and if you just simply can not hatch the pet, then they should say so. No one wants to waste time and gold on the effort only to find themselves still no closer to their goal.

And 13 is not uncommon. Good luck and I hope you get an answer i would like to see it too.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
Sojourna wrote:
Sarahnimo wrote:

seriously? did you read the post? this one isnt looking to hatch he wants to know why so much, like hatching as an example relies on chance.

I tend to agree. You can almost hear them in a room trying to find a way to milk us out of more crowns. Oh and if you just simply can not hatch the pet, then they should say so. No one wants to waste time and gold on the effort only to find themselves still no closer to their goal.

And 13 is not uncommon. Good luck and I hope you get an answer i would like to see it too.

I did read her post. I know she tried so much to hatch and share her grimoire. I have been doing the same thing sharing my carnation pixie but somehow i was able to let somebody else have it and so does my wolfhound. but odds like hers do happen. You know very well that its a game of chance.

Nobody is forcing you to wasting time or milk your crowns . I never paid in crowns with pets because i work hard for it by doing multiple runs in ML for snacks and kept on finding the best hatch.

You can steer clear of spending crowns when hatching and that is a fact. I'm simply trying to encourage her to do the good thing by doing what is best, to keep on trying. I just don't whine and not give any possible solution.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Yeah, if you're looking for something like Ninja Pig, either craft it and scramble for...100 golden pearls -_-; or fight that one guy hundreds of times. So exhausting. Still searching. But patience is beginning to fail too. It gets more and more grueling with certain things now.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
CorbinW wrote:
Yeah, if you're looking for something like Ninja Pig, either craft it and scramble for...100 golden pearls -_-; or fight that one guy hundreds of times. So exhausting. Still searching. But patience is beginning to fail too. It gets more and more grueling with certain things now.

That's all I want right now: the new spells. But you can either craft and track down countless rare reagents, or farm and endure tedious instances over and over and over again. KI's investing so much time into their other project that they're letting this game go to crap! The worlds are getting more and more impossible, PvP's becoming a bigger burden with every update, and anyone who doesn't live for this game is being fed to the lions. I hate to say it, but this game has become a high-maintenance, second-rate knockoff of World of Warcraft for intense gamers in training. KI should do something about this quickly before they start losing players by the thousands.

You gave me an idea. I am going to play the game as usual, but every second will be going into the focus of crafting the Ninja pig spell. I am going to do this just to see how long it would actually take me by farming for everything. Afterwards I will post the result in its own thread, not to complain but just to reflect on this particular crafting experiment. I suspect this would personally take me about 15 days. Because i still have one craft quest before it...