Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Glitched Yellow Thing in Commons???

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
I was in the commons when i noticed this yellow distorted thing that tretched out in the commons and we found it again in my friends home what is this thing?

Chris WaterBlade Transended Diviner

Administrator
That is your video card tell you that its drivers are out of date!

Please follow the instructions at this link to update your video drivers - and keep them up to date!

http://kingsisle.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/172

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
chimchar67 wrote:
I was in the commons when i noticed this yellow distorted thing that tretched out in the commons and we found it again in my friends home what is this thing?

Chris WaterBlade Transended Diviner

I had the same glitch too! lol.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
Administrator
Our support team can help you but you need to contact us at support@wizard101.com - and when you contact support, please ensure that you give us:
->the account name
->the character name
->your dxdiag file
->as much information about what you encountered as you can, including error messages or screenshots

NEVER send us:
->your password
->your full credit card information

The more information you give up front, the faster your issue can be resolved. It can take up to 48 hours before you receive a response.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of your computer hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

Please be aware that the first thing they will tell you to do is to update your video card drivers. Make sure you do this first, as it resolves 90% of these issues.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
This usually happens after maintenance, when anything in the game has been added or changed or if a realm is full/crowded. My observation after seeing this 'glitch' for well over 6 months.
FYI, my drivers are up-to-date.

Administrator
RavenLady777 we have repeatedly asked you to send your dxdiag and a screenshot to our support team.
They can diagnose why this is happening for you but you have to help us help you.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
This usually happens after maintenance, when anything in the game has been added or changed or if a realm is full/crowded. My observation after seeing this 'glitch' for well over 6 months.
FYI, my drivers are up-to-date.

that smae thing happened to me millions of and even ravenwood goes dark each time i go there!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
RavenLady777 we have repeatedly asked you to send your dxdiag and a screenshot to our support team.
They can diagnose why this is happening for you but you have to help us help you.

it's been sent, several times for other issues. It doesn't change.

Thank you

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
Professor Greyrose wrote:

it's been sent, several times for other issues. It doesn't change.

Thank you

If you go into the doctor only complaining about foot pains, but don't allude to chest pains either, the doctor cannot diagnose you correctly. So both the patient and the doctor are wasting their time and money. Same situation here.