Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jacques the Scratcher VS Fire Wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
I've tried 10 times and I STILL can't defeat him! None of my friends will help me! Any advice on how to defeat him?

Amber Deathdreamer LVL 28

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I can help you, but tell me what school is he?

Jasmine FireBlade/Victoria/Jessica SparkeGem

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
wizardgirl1840 wrote:
I can help you, but tell me what school is he?

Jasmine FireBlade/Victoria/Jessica SparkeGem

I believe that he is an Ice Boss.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
I'm stuck on him too, I'm a level 33 fire wizard, but what I'm doing is trying to level up a bit and collect money to buy treasure cards by doing other quests and battling past bosses again until in feel comfortable. I feel the best way to defeat him is to throughly plan. Definitely get some healing cards, accuracy cards, and shields. You can get these at the bazaar, I've even found the regenerate healing card, which will give HUGE healing! Check bazaar often! Also, you can get any person in marleybone and ask for help. Most people don't mind, since you can get extra gear and stuff. Fill up your potions, and mark the place outside the tower so that if you die in battle you can come back, mark the spot, and then heal with potions. Use good health gear, too. During the battle, definately strategize well, use many shields to protect yourself, and to boost attacks. If you get a good card, use an accuracy card on it so you don't fizzle (trust me, you will hate this game if you fizzle, it messes up your whole plan) and maybe a tough card to do more damage, if you want. Heal if you get under 1000 health, and put TONS of shields. Make sure to put a couple weak cards in, just in case they put a -50 or whatever damage shield, like a card that comes with a wand at the bazaar that gives like 60 or 80 damage, no fizzle, zero pips needed. I hope I helped, and I wish you the best of luck, and I hope I can defeat him too!

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
I beat Jacques the Scratcher on my first try.

Wanna know my secret? Get a friend who is about, eh, level 42+. Ask them to help, then drag them along with you. That is how I got through the last half of Krokatopia and all of Marleybone so far.

Thank you Cole MythSword! :D

Haley Fairygarden Level 32 Life Wizard

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Elizabeth12347 wrote:
I've tried 10 times and I STILL can't defeat him! None of my friends will help me! Any advice on how to defeat him?

Amber Deathdreamer LVL 28

If you still need any help ill help on my life or fire wizard, you can pick. My life is lvl 50, and my fire is lvl 70. Hope i can help!! :-)

Defender
May 15, 2010
I am pretty sure i managed easy enough. If you can't do this, you can't do big ben. Trust me on this.