Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The New School of Alchemy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Hello, everyone! I’m back – to resume the idea of a new primary school of Alchemy. Though I know that this idea has been badly presented many times (including quite a few by me), I think I have finally (after a few months) have a chance of persuading people that there should be another primary school. I think I’ve done it: written paragraphs about the school, refined some of its aspects, and created all of the spells. Its existence would solve some repeating issues (and yes create a few new ones) and would innovate gameplay. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

The School of Alchemy:

Alchemy is about change. It is the realization and understanding of the rules in this universe and how to bend them. Wizards who study Alchemy are known as Alchemists, and are people who quest for perfection. However, if they go too far, they will be consumed by their own greed. Alchemists believe that all things share a common relationship and therefore can be transmuted into different things. They use Mantras to persuade the universe to shape new creatures and turn the inanimate alive. Alchemy is the polar opposite of Balance since it causes unbalances (perfection is fictitious, therefore unbalanced).
The Alchemy School will train its student wizards to use their opponents’ strengths and weaknesses against them. They are able to turn traps in shields, multiply charms, and combine charms together. For this reason, they can easily play alone. However, they do rely on other schools of magic to boost their attack since they have the lowest charms and wards in all of the schools.

Their school colors are gold, orange, burgundy, and black. The School of Alchemy’s gemstone is (yellow) amber.

Alchemy wizards are bold, creative, but vain. They rule at adjusting the rules of combat. Famous wizards of this magic are Isaac Newton, Plato, and Nicholas Flamel.

The Alchemy School is located in Marleybone; however, players first get their spells from Professor Ambrose. At level 10, after giving Alchemy students Iron Golem, Professor Ambrose sends them on a quest to their new Alchemy teacher, Gretta Darkkettle. She gives students spells until level 30, she sends players on a quest to the actual school in Marleybone, Regents Square. At this point, a golem named Moleg becomes their new teacher, giving them spells until level 42. The level 48 for Ourobos involves searching for the actual teacher, Professor Day Dallas (Daedalus, he’s a Marleybonian dog), who was the Iron Golem’s creator. The Quest will be named: “Father?”

Alchemy Quotes:

“And things will change.”
- Taylor Swift

“Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”
- George Bernard Shaw

“To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.”
- Winston S. Churchill

The School of Alchemy Complete Spell List

Alchemy Spells Available for All

Level 1: Alchemical Beetle, 1 pip, 85%@ (accuracy), 65-105 Alchemic damage
Level 5: Clockwork, 2 pips, 85%@, 160-200 Alchemic damage
Level 8: Safeguard, 0 pips, 100%@, -70% damage to next two random schools attack spells
Level 10: Iron Golem, 3 pips, 85%@, 245-305 Alchemic damage
Level 10: Alchemic Shield, 0 pips, 100%@, -80% damage to next Alchemy attack spell
Level 16: Alchemic Trap, 0 pips, 100%@, +25% damage to next Alchemy attack spell
Level 22: Prism, 0 pips, 100%@, convert next damage spell to opposite school damage
Level 22: Nullify, 2 pips, 100%@, dispel next outgoing Alchemy spell
Level 25: Absorb Health, 1 pip, 100%@, Sacrifice Minion for 700 Health for 4 rounds, then take 700 Moon damage and resummon Minion
Level 26: Acid, 4 pips, 85%@, 55+305 Alchemic damage over 3 rounds to all enemies
Level 33: Gear Spider/Gargoyle (I need help on this one – still not sure which creature to choose), 5 pips, 85%@, 425-505 Alchemic damage
Level 42: Antidote, 4 pips, 100%@, -25% damage to all overtime effects and drain spells

Alchemy Spells Available for All from the Alchemy Tree

Level 20: Replicate, 1 pip, 90%@, turn 1 positive charm into 3 positive charms
Level 25: Spectral Prism, 1 pip, 100%@, convert the next Fire, Ice, and Storm spells into the opposite school damage
Level 30: Spirit Prism, 1 pip, 100%@, convert the next Life, Death, and Myth spells into the opposite school damage
Level 35: Elixir, 5 pips, 85%@, 1000 Health to target

Alchemy Spells Available for only Alchemy Students

Level 7: Alchemic Blade, 0 pips, 100%@, +25% damage to next Alchemy attack spell
Level 12: Strengthen, 1 pip, 90%@, turn 1 negative charm into a positive charm
Level 18: Iron Golem Minion, 4 pips, 100%@, summon Minion of Alchemy
Level 28: Hekatonchires, x pips, 85%@, 90 Universal damage per pip
Level 38: Gold Touch, 6 pips, 85%@, 85+595 Alchemic damage over 3 rounds
Level 48: Ourobos, 7 pips, 85%@, 445 Alchemic damage + steal 1 positive damage charm from all enemies and combine into 1 Alchemy damage charm on self
Level 58: Talos, 8 pips, 85%@, 550 Universal damage to all enemies
Level 68: Argus, 9 pips, 85%@, 865 Alchemic damage + turn all positive charms and wards on target to negative charms and wards
Level 70: Mass Prism, 2 pips, 100%@, convert next damage spell to the opposite school for all enemies
Level 72: Mass Emaciation, 5 pips, 90%@, turn all positive wards into universal negative wards for all enemies
Level 75: Composite Blade, 1 pip, 90%@, +25% damage and accuracy to next damage spell for all friends
Level 80: Alchemic Spear, 0 pips, 100%@, +10% Amor Piercing to next Alchemy attack spell

Alchemy Spells for only Alchemy Students Gained by Area/World Completion

Finish Tutorial Quest: Alloyed Blade, 0 pips, 90%@, +10% damage and accuracy to next Alchemy attack spell
Finish Wizard City: Deter, 1 pip, 90%@, turn 1 negative ward into a positive ward
Finish the Krokosphinx: Transmute, 2 pips, 85%@, combine 2 positive charms into 1 positive Alchemy charm on self
Finish Krokotopia: Mutate, 2 pips, 90%@, turn 1 positive charm into a universal damage charm
Finish Marleybone: Clone, 1 pip, 90%@, turn 1 negative charm into 3 negative charms
Level 35: Mollify, 3 pips, 90%@, turn all positive charms into negative charms on target
Emaciate, 3 pips, 90%@, turn all positive wards into negative wards on target
Level 55: Fuse, 3 pips, 85%@, combine all positive charms into one universal charm on target

Ok, the spells are finished. Now just to make some things clear:

• Most of the time when I am referring to “charms”, I mean damage charms – or blades.
• Most of the manipulation spells have 90%@ because they seemed a bit powerful and they were manipulation spells so they shouldn’t always work. However, “Transmute” and “Fuse” have 85%@ because I thought they were extremely powerful, so much so that 90%@ would not be enough.
• And just to clarify how the “Absorb Health” spell works: Let’s say you have summoned a minion, but running low on health and need to kill a boss. Let’s also say you have 2 pips and not enough health to last two more rounds for “Elixir”. So you cast Absorb Health. The minion will killed and you will gain 700 Health – for only 4 rounds. After those 4 rounds, you will suffer 700 Moon damage yourself and resummons the minion. There will be no expense in pips – just giving back its health. That’s why I called it “Absorb Health”, like you are absorbing the minion.
• “Ourobos” has a weird effect because it’s a weird creature. It symbolizes the eternal destruction and reconstruction of the universe which is why it attacks and steals blades, and creates one for the caster.
• The spell the “Gold Touch” is based on the Greek story of King Midas. He asked the gods to give him the power to turn anything into gold – it became more of a curse than a gift. Turning things into gold was a prominent thing in Alchemy, which is why it ended up as an Alchemy spell.
• I’m the least sure of the “Alloyed Blade” and “Composite Blade” spells. Since I thought that people would like to have both damage and accuracy in one blade since Alchemy is about combining things, I made these spells. But would it be too unfair?
• And lastly to clarify some things about what Universal damage/damage. Universal damage doesn’t belong to any school – it’s technically all of the schools (including Alchemy). First of all what it is: You know the early crown shop stuff? With the universal resistance, accuracy, and damage? Exactly what I mean, the sign of Universal damage is just a percentage (like 7%) and a fist. Sorry if I confused you. That’s what I call universal damage. Now onto Universal attack spells. When you equip of Universal damage stat hat, for example, that means it would boost all attack spells by 7%. However, it’s different with Universal attacks. Instead the spell gets boosted by 56% (It is 7%, but since Universal damage belongs to all of the schools, it gets multiplied by 8 – for each school including Alchemy). Also what’s cool is that the spell can be boosted by any blades or traps. Now everyone’s probably like: What? This is too overpowered!? So there are two things to correct that: First, the damage is lower than normal attack but higher than drain spell’s damage (i.e. Hekatonchires are 90 damage per pip). And the second thing is that, the Universal attack spells are also affected by all shields. So technically, it’s not as hard to block as one would think – simply put up the school’s dual shields, the attack would be pretty low. Then again an Alchemist can just cast a “Mass Emaciation” and then “Talos”.

Ok, thank you for reading! Please reply!!!

P.S. I know that my post is super long.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2012
I like it, it sounds like something I would join.

Maybe the casting symbol could be like a test tube or an arrow going left and right or something.

-Sean Hexweaver Level 71 Diviner

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Hello wizards of the spiral, its me again. I honestly havent heard of the school of Alchemy in a long, long, long time. of course everyone is sorta familier to the name but not in a while. I'm happy someone brought the name back into the spiral, and to the young and fresh minds of magic, so if it does come out, they can learn new something as they advance through the way of spells and magic. But you did an awesome job describing the school and how it works. I just wish if it ever does come out, that I could look at some of those spells and maybe get interested in that school. See you and my friends around the spiral.(And something else to make this more interesting: what is the school symbol?)

TristanDarkBlade Archmage Ice

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
3 words here: Totally, awesome, idea

Steven Strongsword lvl 80 Pyromancer

Explorer
May 10, 2009
I like your idea! Hopefully this would add 7 characters to the game- I would hate having to delete one of my characters to join this great school. It would add a whole new element to the game, and I bet many players would enjoy this school. If I was forced to delete one of my characters, it WOULD be worth it- I LOVE this idea! I hope to see it in the game one day!

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Nice idea wonderful way to round out the idea. One problem you are already doing alchemy through crafting.

pirate8375

Explorer
May 15, 2009
This is a great idea. I don't agree with all of the spells due to some of them being overpowered. although I do love the concept of changing and creating wards and charms using spells. You've obviously put a lot of effort into this, and I strongly hope it is considered by whomever does the considering.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
This is an exiting idea! But you went a little Overboard on the Damage for the attacks! Level 5 -> 170-210 damage or something?
But all that to the side, it is a very excellent idea!

Ryan ThunderHead - Level 24 Diviner

Survivor
May 13, 2012
that sounds like a cool school its like balance but in a beter version p.s. i think i should be a gargoyel

Explorer
Jul 24, 2011
I like the idea of new schools but there is alchemy in wizard101 everyone can make a new spell or thing in your home's but I like your idea and I think also there, must be one opposite to the Balance but you probably cannot use the name alchemy because it has use in wizard101 game and there is also a task which you leather about it, I even write about a new school on myself because I wish it too, but is in fact it is alchemy within the game wizard101 but not like as a school. I hope too, that the coming new school to wizard101

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
Windtime wrote:
I like it, it sounds like something I would join.

Maybe the casting symbol could be like a test tube or an arrow going left and right or something.

-Sean Hexweaver Level 71 Diviner

I agree with the test tube symbol, but i think it should have two snakes coiling around it trying to bite eachother, since it is suppose to be the school of unbalance/chaos.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
pirate8375 wrote:
Nice idea wonderful way to round out the idea. One problem you are already doing alchemy through crafting.

pirate8375

No that is not alchemy since it is not bringing anything to life or changing or altering. It is only partially alchemical. Transmutating reagents; for example, sandstones into sunstones, is alchemy. But thats only "scratching the surface" kind of alchemy. Thus alchemy does not technically exist in Wizard101........yet.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
XxMEGAxX wrote:
This is a great idea. I don't agree with all of the spells due to some of them being overpowered. although I do love the concept of changing and creating wards and charms using spells. You've obviously put a lot of effort into this, and I strongly hope it is considered by whomever does the considering.

It would be most likely considered by J.Todd Coleman and none of the spells are overpowered. Did you not see how low the charm/spells are? it is just as strong, MAYBE stronger then the school of balance. But otherwise it is quite perfect, i love your idea and i believe it should be a school because it would add that "spice" to w101.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
Hmm, this is a good idea, I can already imagine the things it will do to stop the enemies of the spiral. But this is an opinion coming from a student of Ravenwood, what would headmaster Ambros think?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I like this, dont get me wrong, but I feel that this should be added as a feature and not an entire new school to start in.
Kinda like sun, moon, and star, except only 5-6 spells. Also, Alchemy could intertwine with crafting, like potion brewing, and enhancements. (ex: Minecraft Enchantment table, you can only enchant your armor once, and the more you want, the more you have to work for it.)

Err... Just not sure if thats a good way of putting it :P

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
But you went a little Overboard on the Damage for the attacks! Level 5 -> 170-210 damage or something?
But all that to the side, it is a very excellent idea!

Ryan ThunderHead - Level 24 Diviner

It is not overpowered considering storm's lvl 5 spell is lightning bats damage is around 170-250 (not sure on the max damage havent been on my storm in a while) but it is not overpowered. The charms and such are as strong as maybe a little weaker then balance's charms/blades.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
pirate8375 wrote:

pirate8375

QUOTE: Crafting means to "create" while alchemy means to "transmute, transmogrify, and combine".

Noah Deathbloom of the death school

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
I like the idea but if it was opposite to balance the balance school would need more spells.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Very overpowered. The new school class can easily fight since no mobs not bosses have Alchemy resist even if they have Alchemy prism convert his resist to weakness. Its very nice at pvp when a opposite group trying to shield and blade than in one turn all blades converted to weakness and all shields converted to traps leaving the group to mercy of Alchemist wizards. Moreover the universal prism bypassing any resist converting the damage to mobs weakness. No other school can protect himself when shields and blades useless how can you pvp this thing?

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
open33 wrote:
Very overpowered. The new school class can easily fight since no mobs not bosses have Alchemy resist even if they have Alchemy prism convert his resist to weakness. Its very nice at pvp when a opposite group trying to shield and blade than in one turn all blades converted to weakness and all shields converted to traps leaving the group to mercy of Alchemist wizards. Moreover the universal prism bypassing any resist converting the damage to mobs weakness. No other school can protect himself when shields and blades useless how can you pvp this thing?

If you read the thing, it becomes apparent that any default resist is factored in as well. Therefore, it would be blocked by equipment. The problem is if someone is immune to one school, as universal damage would be completely blocked.

You were sort of right about the transmuting bit though, that would need to be limited.

Explorer
Jul 24, 2011
Ambrose122 wrote:
pirate8375 wrote:

pirate8375

No that is not alchemy since it is not bringing anything to life or changing or altering. It is only partially alchemical. Transmutating reagents; for example, sandstones into sunstones, is alchemy. But thats only "scratching the surface" kind of alchemy. Thus alchemy does not technically exist in Wizard101........yet.

yes there is alchemy in wizard101 and I know it's because I'm about to solve alchemy quests like new but there is not a magic school for alchemy but there is in the game everything can make new items and make new spell and make objects in their homes, and it is as alchemical because there are alchemical means.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I love the idea of a school opposite balance. Always have wanted one, it feels incomplete to not have an opposite to balance. I think of it often as I am mainly on my balance wizard.

I love the thought of changing and making things opposite (shields into traps, etc) and of changing existing aspects of the game into the opposite of how they naturally occur.

However, I would love to see this school ruled by an adult Morganthe. It would be the school of chaos.

Something along the lines of Morganthe again tries to interrupt the spiral through time travel, but this time she decides to play to Ambrose and become a teacher of the school Chaos. The other teachers feel there is a place for understanding the concpet of chaos, but they think the school is teaching how to understand and work within the concept of chaos/unbalance.

But is that all Morganthe is doing???

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
wow, didn't think this many responses!
well anyway, let's clear some things up.
Ok,
for the school symbol (not the one casted in the air), I chose the symbol: there's a triangle, with a square and circle in the middle. Anyone who is familiar with the 39 clues series should know it.
the sign for the school is a bit harder to describe: imagine a triangle with a horizontal line going through the middle, and now imagine the line in the middle extends out a bit to the left and creates a swirl. lastly, imagine the bottom extends out a bit to the right and creates a swirl. That's the best I can explain.

For the overpowered-ness, could I have a direct example? I purposely kept fuse and transmute down to 85%@ so it wouldn't.

Here's an example of piece of equipment:

Malistaire's Golden Cloak

330 health
+10% Universal damage
+6% Power pip chance
+17% Shield to Alchemy damage

HI, sorry I have not answered all questions - I'm busy at the moment but wanted to address some things. I'll be back with more later today.
thX for responding!!

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Alchemy.

Hmm...

Well lets see, Its the opposite of balance to make unbalance. So maybe balance might finally get its prism . Anyways, it is my understanding that people think this school is overpowering. Well lets see, all of the damage attacks are on pace like the others were. So This brings me to all of the transforming wards and charms, which btw is not overpowered too much. The transforming wards and charms is very annoying (most likely) in A PvP type world, however it does not have much use in PvE. That said all schools have spells like that. And all schools have spells the complete opposite of that. All in all i like it.