Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Abandoning quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
I just want an option to abandon quests. The reason is because I have so many incomplete side quests and I want to empty out my quests journal. And if you can abandon quests and I'm just a moo, please tell me how.

Administrator
You cannot abandon quests - you must complete the tasks you are given. Many quests have the option to accept or decline, if you do not want to do the quest, decline it instead of accepting it. Once you have accepted a quest, you must complete it.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 27, 2011
I wish their was a way to abandon them too. Sometimes I have to do quests that I dont want to do.
Sydney Mistcatcher
Level 55
Fire

Administrator
We appreciate the feedback but please understand this will not change.
Complete the tasks you are given, or decline them instead of accepting them when they are offered to you.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
Ms. Greyrose, what these wizards are trying to say is: that sometimes when they accept quests, they are happy about it until the last minute that they realize they are facing a quest far beyond their kind of strength. Therefor they want to drop the quest and postpone it for a later time and come back when they are ready, and don't think that i don't know why you don't have a quest abandoning system, it is meant to teach the wizards of the spiral to keep their promises and doing what needs to be done. I respect your choice of teaching others to keep their words, but sometimes when that promise is a hard one to keep, its best to just tell him/her that the promise is to difficult to keep and that your postponing till later.

Have a good life and afterlife.

Noah Deathbloom of the death school

Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
I have some quests I don't want to do. Sigh. Guess I will have 20 pages of quests forever.

Evan Level 56 Life Wizard

Defender
May 19, 2012
Is there a reason why this option will not be added? I mean sometimes you may take a quest, not realizing just how difficult it will be to complete, and later on you decide it's just not worth doing anyways. I think abandoning quest option should be made available and don't understand the firm 'it's not going to happen so forget it' attitude.

Administrator
As I have said, young Wizards, complete the tasks you accept. You must finish what you started.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Really, is there any point in having this feature? If you don't want to do a quest, just don't do it yet. If you aren't strong enough yet, do it when you're stronger. Just wait for a bit if you don't want to do it.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Professor Greyrose wrote:
As I have said, young Wizards, complete the tasks you accept. You must finish what you started.

And I'd like to add. If you don't finish what you started, you'll get no pudding and go straight to bed. But on the serious side, doing the side quests will help you level and you'll never know what you might get in return ( either a drop or reward for completing the side quest)

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Professor, I understand your reasoning, but this is a matter that I have run into also. I do get side quests, but after becoming the top level, I never do them. Sometimes they are far beyond what i expect, sometimes they are boring and not for me. My journal is full of quests, and how much will we be given till we can't hold anymore? Hundreds? Thousands? It will someday become too much for young wizards. Even if you accept or decline.