Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cave Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
I'm on a quest in GH, Mirkholm Keep. I have to defeat Gath Duskwraith, but, as the arrows points me to a cave, I can't go inside it. It's a collection of 3 caves at the top of Mirkholm Keep's map.

Could you help?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
TearsInHell wrote:
I'm on a quest in GH, Mirkholm Keep. I have to defeat Gath Duskwraith, but, as the arrows points me to a cave, I can't go inside it. It's a collection of 3 caves at the top of Mirkholm Keep's map.

Could you help?

Again, this could be due to the newly redesigned quest help arrow. It doesn't function to actually help anymore.
check your quests and see if you missed something.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
RavenLady777 wrote:
TearsInHell wrote:

Could you help?

Again, this could be due to the newly redesigned quest help arrow. It doesn't function to actually help anymore.
check your quests and see if you missed something.

I started GH late, at level 45. The only other quest I have left in GH is the Yardbird one, I've even done all the Side Quests.
I'm sure I didn't miss anything, so this would make me proceed in the main storyline.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
TearsInHell wrote:

Could you help?

I don't remember that area with the three caves having any king of gate or locked door to get in. I remember that you just walk up the ramp and it takes you into the cave.

There is a "locked gate" just to the left of the cave entrance. Could it be that you are trying to go into the wrong area. Look at your map again. There is a little path leading to the caves, and there is an opening right there in between two green patches. You should be able to walk right up there and go in.

If not, look at the map again. Go a little further to your right, just past that green patch I mentioned, and there should be another opening that leads to the caves.

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2010
I seem to be facing the same problem. I have re-checked my map, and have still yet to find another entrance in. Any further suggestions?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Olivia0821 wrote:
I seem to be facing the same problem. I have re-checked my map, and have still yet to find another entrance in. Any further suggestions?

I just took one of my wizards to that area in Mirkholm Keep to check it out. There is no locked gate at the entrance to the cave area. There is only a brown/dirt path that might be passed by very easily.

When you get to that area near the caves, don't follow your quest arrow. It might be misleading you. If you are in the large open area and see a lot of Moonstrider Howlers and one Scarl Doomhowler walking around, you are in the right section. Do not go to any of the "locked gate" entrances. Walk around that area and look for the brown/dirt path ramp/entrance. Once inside that cave area, your quest arrow should lead you to his dungeon.

When you press "m" to look at your map, if you can see the picture of Scarl Doomhowler, the brown dirt path entrance is near the left edge of his picture.

Hope this helped.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
I was having the same problem, but I finally figured out why. For some reason, when you are in Northgard the arrow points you to Vigrid Roughland instead of to Merkholm Keep. When you are in the Roughland, the arrow points you to the 3 caves at the top of the map which doesn't work. If you go to Merkholm Keep, which is where the quest is, the arrow works fine.