Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

May 31 Miscellaneous Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Quests
  • Quest Helper will once again be active for the quest "You Call This Easy"
  • Experience rewards have been adjusted for the quest "Wyrd to your Mother".
  • There were two quests named "A Piece of Mine", on in Dun Dara and one in Deep Water. The quest in Dun Dara has been renamed to "Walk the Night Alone". This will not impact progress of the quest, it will simply change the name of the quest in your Quest Journal
  • While on the MooShu Quest "Monknapping" the dungeon sigil for the Shrine of the Mind should now light up as expected
  • The gate will remain open during the quest "Creatures of Habit" in Avalon
  • Players must now complete "Ghost Hunters" before they will be offered the quests "Saving Private O'Ryan" and "Pesky Pirates" in Unicorn Way
  • Players must now complete the quest "Stop the Maker" to defeat Rattlebones before they will be offered the quest "Grim Tales", also in Unicorn Way
  • Players must now complete the quest "Rattlebones Report" in Unicorn Way before they will be offered the quest "Enrollment"
  • Crafting Quests no longer qualify for Quest Helper

Badges
  • Treants in Avalon now count for the Plant Badge

Items & Shopping
  • Serpent Table is no longer labelled "No Auction" and can now be traded or sold at the Bazaar
  • Colossal and Extraordinary Treasure Cards can no longer be sold at the Bazaar
  • You can no longer Quick Sell items purchased with Arena Tickets
  • Spears, Tridents & Staves should now display vertically instead of horizontally when placed on walls in your home
  • The Wyvern spell on the Prestigious Hat should no longer appear to be cast by your pet
  • The Snow Hound spell on the Collar of the Ice Hound should no longer appear to be cast by your pet

Spells & Cards
  • Cloaked cards should no longer get stuck in your hand if they fizzle
  • Detonate should no longer target Heal over Time spells
  • Guardian Spirit will now heal for 15% instead of 25%
  • Putrid Bug Spray requires that you have learned Pungent Bug Spray.
  • Miniature Bloodbats requires that you have learned Dragonflies.

Pets & Mounts
  • Pets obtained through the quest given at level 78 now have a school requirement to equip
  • Bone dragon mount sounds are back

Technical
  • Names should no longer appear in black text for players with older/outdated video cards
  • Extra unused dungeon sigils in Avalon have been removed, sorry for the confusion

community@wizard101.com
Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Is there a bug with the quest helper arrow again? Since this last update, when I turn in a quest, and then accept a new quest, the arrow does not appear for that new quest. Instead it picks up one of the old quests in my quest log file. I have to open the quest log file, and then click on the new quest every time. And it isn't because this was a quest where the arrow is not allowed.

(Note: I did send an e-mail to support and attached a DxDiag file and a Wizard Client Log file too. There are other complaints about this on Central too. Sounds like a bug.)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Honeybee313 wrote:
Is there a bug with the quest helper arrow again? Since this last update, when I turn in a quest, and then accept a new quest, the arrow does not appear for that new quest. Instead it picks up one of the old quests in my quest log file. I have to open the quest log file, and then click on the new quest every time. And it isn't because this was a quest where the arrow is not allowed.

(Note: I did send an e-mail to support and attached a DxDiag file and a Wizard Client Log file too. There are other complaints about this on Central too. Sounds like a bug.)

Yup. I am having the same issue. Have to open my quest log every time to stay on my current quest. Seems the transition between old quest and newly acquired quest does not occur automatically (just defaults to last quest in book, like if the quest was a no quest arrow quest).

Survivor
Mar 30, 2012
The quest arrow thing isn't a bug, the arrow just sticks with the Storyline Quests. So if you are doing a Side Quest you have to switch it.

Cheryl
Level 10 Sorcerer
Level 59 Myth

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
sagerz wrote:
The quest arrow thing isn't a bug, the arrow just sticks with the Storyline Quests. So if you are doing a Side Quest you have to switch it.

Cheryl
Level 10 Sorcerer
Level 59 Myth

Not for me. It goes to quests in grizz or where ever else it feels like.

Ellie

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
sagerz wrote:

Cheryl
Level 10 Sorcerer
Level 59 Myth

It definitely is a bug. Check these posts:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/49928.ftl

It does not stick with the storyline quests. It picks an old quest randomly.