Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells that need to be changed!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Storm:
Disarmament needs to be changed to 0 pip cost.

Fire:
Detonate needs to be changed to 2 pip cost.

Ice:
Steal ward needs to be changed to 1 pip cost.

Life:
Guardian spirit needs to be changed to 1 ressurrection only in PvP.

Myth:
Shift needs to be changed to 2 pip cost.
Dimension needs to be changed to 2 pip cost.

Death:
Empower needs to be 0 pip cost for 2 pips & moon Damage.
Dark pact needs to be 1 pip cost for +30% blade & moon damage.
Bad Juju needs to be 2 pip cost & moon damage.

KI please incorperate these changes as they help balance spells in both PvE and PvP. It will keep players from complaining and arguing over who got what overpowered spell and who was left out. I am sure most people will agree with these changes!

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
There is something I would like to point out. What I think that they should do is make Customizable PvP and make a Custom PvE as well for these. The separate PvE that basically allows players to play, PvE without any npcs using healing, specific spells, resistances, stuns etc. In my personally opinion though it would not be fair to all players to weaken a school's aspects of dueling as a heeded influence to complaints on the forums even if their a majority of people that agree on a certain thing. So like about my idea for custom PvP. So, basically the idea regards to Guardian Spirit here is that a player could make three versions of this spell. One that only works once a match, one that only 15% and another the orginal that heals 25%. Same thing for the Custom PvE as well. First off, in this idea for custom PvE. First off a character would need to finish certain things in the game before Custom PvE would be unlockable, with a storm wizard who say reached Zafaria, can unlock the old wild bolt for use. Is it really that fair to changed something for everyone in the game when so many may disagree? It is especially unfair if it happens as the result of complaints influencing the game. That is why I suggesting ideas like Custom PvP and PvE as alternative ideas.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
darthjt wrote:
Storm:

Fire:

Ice:

Life:

Myth:

Death:

KI please incorperate these changes as they help balance spells in both PvE and PvP. It will keep players from complaining and arguing over who got what overpowered spell and who was left out. I am sure most people will agree with these changes!

I agree with everythin i see here, I think that a lot of wizards have been asking for these changes.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Guardian Spirit is fine the way it is at 25%. Stopn trying to change it. All spells were fine. And what about balance?

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
They already nerfed guardian spirit enough if people are still going to complain than its just getting to the point that no one is prepared for it. Warlords and experienced players have no trouble against the spell it just makes battles last slightly longer. I am 100% sure none of these changes are going to be used except for maybe dimension shift having a lowered pip amount. I would put it around 4..

Armiger
May 10, 2010
bravevline wrote:
Guardian Spirit is fine the way it is at 25%. Stopn trying to change it. All spells were fine. And what about balance?

I am trying to not have Guardian Spirit changed Braveline, I agree, it is fine at 25%! I am the one that has been defending this spell.

The only reason I said here, only 1 ressurrection was for PvP and those that refuse to get some skill in PvP and want to complain about this spell.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
And what about balance?

Balance, are you kidding me? Well, unless it's about nerfing some of Balance's spells, I'm in! Okay, let's start with what I find Balance wizards get to warlord with at level 80 too easily (I've used these spells a couple times and have annihilated easily with them):
Supernova: Why have the pip cost at 2? Why not 4? For just 2 pips you're hitting 535 damage? Yeah, the accuracy is 60%, but I easily boost that with this: Pet accuracy, 6%. Infallible. Already, the spell is at 86%, 1 more then what Balance's normal spells are. Plus, removing the aura, which makes it way too effective for 2 pips.
Mana Burn: This spell needs to be increased to 90 damage per pip, and the pip cost should be 6.

Well, those are my opinions, and Mana Burn imo is weak, but unless the pip glitch is fixed, then I think it should be changed to my idea, as well as removing the 3 pips.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Nice ideas Darthjt.

My wizards could live with those, but, I don't think the PvPers are going to let go of their nerf of Guardian Spirit.

@AaronMerriin, I have seen you suggest this in several places. Customizing PvP would mean that KI would have to completely redo the program..... This is not likely to happen the same as they are not going to separate PvP into a game of its own.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Nice ideas Darthjt.

My wizards could live with those, but, I don't think the PvPers are going to let go of their nerf of Guardian Spirit.

@AaronMerriin, I have seen you suggest this in several places. Customizing PvP would mean that KI would have to completely redo the program..... This is not likely to happen the same as they are not going to separate PvP into a game of its own.

Thank you for the comment. There are a few things I wanted to point out though, in this regards. In the idea that had there is regular PvP, but Custom and Special PvP are the new PvPs that I was suggesting to be added. I do not think that KI would have to necessarily redo the program, but just add new features to it. In this the idea for new PvPs players can also use spells that are presently available in PvE, but like in Custom, the creator of the match can simply decided whether they want those ideas or not. I sure hope that something like this is considered of course.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Storm:

Fire:

Ice:

Life:

Myth:

Death:

i agree with the everything you said and i am fire and when i saw that spell i thought forget this spell its worthless.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Agreed, shift has been raised a bit much. I can see why it would cost some pips for what it allows, but four pips? All of Myth's other evasive spells aren't that much, unless they come with some really big benefit. (I remember seeing the pic for shift having it at 1 pip cost.)

Oh yes, Hi Darth, Kingurz, Lion and about a dozen other regulars...

Explorer
Nov 07, 2008
Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Hi just wanted to say that Dimension Shift doesnt need to change its pips cost they could change to trade also with enemy his blades and his traps as ice uses with Steal Ward or fire with Steal Blade and storm with Remove Blades that could be cool tool as mana burn, guardinan spirit, i.t.c.

Or if they could change that we use that on all players i seen sometimes when for example death wizard sets spirit blade and his school blade it lefts only life and myth blade same goes with elemental blades.

I say IF because there isnt to much work to be done and pips could stay same maybe at least 1 reduce pip wouldnt harm anyone :D

It was nice to say my idea i hope i helped little.
Myth Wizard MiChAeL BlUeBrIgHt lvl 80

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
completely agree with all, especially with life, sure it only does 25% and people want to defend it, but lets be real, that spell is doing 100% when it boosts, especially with a life bubble. Life people should be happy they even have such a spell, completely ruined pvp. takes me 4hrs to beat a life, with death bubbles and all because im death. No one wants to pvp that long.

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
imo steal ward is fine, cause it can steal armor as well.
unsure about disarm (i am mainly storm) because removing dark pact and balance blades need to take some time and effort...

imo the spell that need change is Catalan. its middle of stormzilla damage, and doesnt have any special effects.
balance, myth, ice, life didnt have single attack spells that was rank 5, death needed a lower AoE spell, which they now got. while storm get somethign they already have...

Please KI, make it a DoT, add stun, make it Aoe, ANYTHING to make it more interesting