Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just turn us back to Grandmaster already

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 30, 2012
Even though I joined after Celestia was released, I can still tell that there are a lot of people who want to go back to the Grandmaster Days. I wasn't there for those, but this sounds like a really good idea. A lot of players are outraged for a bunch of reasons. Examples: Ice 87 resist to fire and storm, Life's Guardian Spirit etc. This idea (might be a Thing, not an idea later) would get rid of a lot of those problems and make pvp fun again. I am all for it! :D :D :D

Cheryl 8) 8) 8)
Level 59 Myth
Scarecrow Realm

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
aless2209 wrote:
skier339 wrote:
Consider this, We make another "section" of pvp, where it nerds us back to the "Golden Days" of pvp. You know how there are a "Ranked" & "Practice" sections?

Well what if we added another one, another scroll. Where only level 50 and below gear is allowed, and only spells below level 50 are allowed.

I know it seems RIDICULOUS, but how many people might actually consider doing that?

What would happen would be:

It'd be set up the same, 1v1 2v2 3v3 & 4v4. And you make your teams and everything like usual. Then when you accept, it takes you to the arena, HOWEVER; if your wearing anything above level 50, it will be taken off and there will be no gear on you from that category.

For example, if you hit accept and your wearing a lvl 76 ring, when you enter the arena, you won't have any ring on. But if your wearing a lvl 50 ring, it will stay on.

Same goes for spells, if you have any sort of treasure or regular spell that was Celestia and after update, it would be ripped from your deck, and that slot would be empty, however if you have all spells that were before Celestia time, your deck would stay the same.

That was just an idea, it wouldn't harm anything , it would just be an add on to what we already have and it would only effect the popularity of the regular ranked pvp.

One more thing, level does NOT matter, just your gear. So you can be archmage and still do this. PvP gear is also allowed, as well as pets.

Tell me whatcha guys think

@jackflame

i like your idea but they were not the "Golden Days" of pvp. Back then, most people chain stunned, spammed wild bolt before it was changed, judgement being spammed, life's only strong spell was centaur and it didnt hit strong because of the arena gear's resistance, puppet teams, etc.

Some may see that era as the golden days and some may not and that's fine. But no matter what, was it better then what we have today? Yes.

Now if my idea were to be implanted, of course chain stunning would not be aloud and wild bolt would stay the same as it is today, same with stun shields.

And puppet teams, well if I had the choice , they would be kicked out of this new arena. But we can't do that, besides puppet teams are getting beaten more be more cause people know how to handle them now.

Either way, you said its better. And this is OUR arena, WE pvp in it, Not KI so if we like the idea, why shouldn't this become reality? Besides again it won't affect anything because it is an ADD ON. So why not? There really isn't truly a reason to why this SHOULDN'T happen.

@jackflame

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
gertymanny wrote:
Ok I totally agree with your idea here and I wouldnt mind going back to the good ol days :), but my problem is that yes the new tactics and resources in the arena are way overpowered, but listen to this. When we had the level cap of 50 were there not level 5's in arena with crown gear and overpowered pets using Kraken treasure cards Ninja Pigs, Towers? were there not chain stunners? The only point where pvp has been completely fair was when the first 2 people pvped against each other. I remember the numerous times i have gotten just 1 match away from my first commander and i walk into an arena with a person 10 levels higher than me using crowned gear or warlord gear. I have yet to get to commander nor warlord. On the other side of that i can tell you that no matter what circumstance you are in PvP is based on your ability to get around all of that. Its adaptation. I remember the last match i did with my lvl 70 myth. I had just got off of the fact that PvP really needed to go back to the old ways. I had got set up against a lvl 80 life. This kid went all out of his way to stay alive. He had that guardian spell where he comes back after dying and lemme tell you killing someone with 4k health and them getting 2k of it back after dying isnt all that encouraging in a fight. Either way this kid did that guardian thing twice. Finally as i was preparing to lose I had came up with a strategy. I went for the build up for a medusa for the kill then do a basilisk for when he comes back alive. Needless to say his little tricks never got past mine :). The moral of this whole message is to tell you that no matter what you do with the PvP at all times will something be unfair to someone (those people in second place never really have a chance). This idea of yours is really cool though and I would love to see it sometime in the future just to go back to the good ol days :) they were fun.

Ok the whole "find a strategy thing" doesn't fly anymore. I see what your saying but low level pvp isn't the target here. Again, I like how you agree with me because a lot of people do.

And yes there will always be problems, but they will be MUCH less. Nobody really complained back then. I dream about this happening lol, it would be so fantastic, and I'm getting 99% feedback, and the people who are disagreeing are just getting shot down. I just NEED professor greyrose to read this, PLEASE. Can we just try it out in the test realm?!? Nothing wrong with that at all!

@jackflame

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
sagerz wrote:
Even though I joined after Celestia was released, I can still tell that there are a lot of people who want to go back to the Grandmaster Days. I wasn't there for those, but this sounds like a really good idea. A lot of players are outraged for a bunch of reasons. Examples: Ice 87 resist to fire and storm, Life's Guardian Spirit etc. This idea (might be a Thing, not an idea later) would get rid of a lot of those problems and make pvp fun again. I am all for it! :D :D :D

Cheryl 8) 8) 8)
Level 59 Myth
Scarecrow Realm

Honestly, I feel bad for you. If you werent here in Grandmaster Days you have missed the best part of this game, For one, Leveling a char to max did not take like 4-5 weeks like it goes now (if you play a lot) I could make a grandmaster in 2 nights, and that was legit. Idk if you pvp much now, But if you think the pvp we have today is even semi ok, then Grandmaster PvP to you would be a miracle.

We're hoping for the best on what Kingsisle may do, i guess we'll just have to see.

&thank you!

@jackflame

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
I just want to say join date may not matter if they have other accounts. I have other accounts and my date is pretty close to the cl release. I just wanted to point that out.

I guess I sit on the fence on this. I could go both ways. But I would rather see it added. I have some questions though for you.

1) How do you make schools more even from back then? This is hard to explain how I feel but my best example is life. Life has no AOE and when I was in that time, I hated people just begging to heal because life was not the strongest in attacking. If we go back that means life gets put out again. I wish there was a way to give all schools that and be done with it, but life didn't learn theirs for another 8 lvls past 50. I guess that was just a rant but on my life, it was the thing I absolutely hated the most.

2) What are you going to do about pets? If we make it lvl 50 pvp then we have to get rid of our pets. Yes that means spritely and unicorn, along with allot of may cast talents. I just wanted to know what would happen? Would people only be allowed to use lvl 50 pets? Then what happens if people have lvl 50 pets with their talents? How would that be fixed?

3) I guess if you add it as just a pvp place its fine. But isnt this what people on the central have been doing? Just wondering. Who is stopping you and your friends from doing the exact same thing? Why do you need a special tab to do it? I get yes it may bring people back to pvp just for this pvp tab, but why cant people just start doing this in practice? I mean you have lvl restrictions. If a few people start a trend others follow it.

4) If it were added would people then want it to be ranked as well? I mean basically it would just be exactly like the practice area if KI didnt add a section where it was ranked? Otherwise what would the point be of having it, it people could already do it as it is?

Blake

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
skier339 wrote:
Consider this, We make another "section" of pvp, where it nerds us back to the "Golden Days" of pvp. You know how there are a "Ranked" & "Practice" sections?

Well what if we added another one, another scroll. Where only level 50 and below gear is allowed, and only spells below level 50 are allowed.

I know it seems RIDICULOUS, but how many people might actually consider doing that?

It'd be set up the same, 1v1 2v2 3v3 & 4v4. And you make your teams and everything like usual. Then when you accept, it takes you to the arena, HOWEVER; if your wearing anything above level 50, it will be taken off and there will be no gear on you from that category.

For example, if you hit accept and your wearing a lvl 76 ring, when you enter the arena, you won't have any ring on. But if your wearing a lvl 50 ring, it will stay on.

Same goes for spells, if you have any sort of treasure or regular spell that was Celestia and after update, it would be ripped from your deck, and that slot would be empty, however if you have all spells that were before Celestia time, your deck would stay the same.

That was just an idea, it wouldn't harm anything , it would just be an add on to what we already have and it would only effect the popularity of the regular ranked pvp.

One more thing, level does NOT matter, just your gear. So you can be archmage and still do this. PvP gear is also allowed, as well as pets.

@jackflame

That is quite literally the best idea I have ever heard in the PVP section of these Message Boards. I might actually have to come back to PVP if KI goes through with this.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
fx41001 wrote:
I just want to say join date may not matter if they have other accounts. I have other accounts and my date is pretty close to the cl release. I just wanted to point that out.

I guess I sit on the fence on this. I could go both ways. But I would rather see it added. I have some questions though for you.

1) How do you make schools more even from back then? This is hard to explain how I feel but my best example is life. Life has no AOE and when I was in that time, I hated people just begging to heal because life was not the strongest in attacking. If we go back that means life gets put out again. I wish there was a way to give all schools that and be done with it, but life didn't learn theirs for another 8 lvls past 50. I guess that was just a rant but on my life, it was the thing I absolutely hated the most.

2) What are you going to do about pets? If we make it lvl 50 pvp then we have to get rid of our pets. Yes that means spritely and unicorn, along with allot of may cast talents. I just wanted to know what would happen? Would people only be allowed to use lvl 50 pets? Then what happens if people have lvl 50 pets with their talents? How would that be fixed?

3) I guess if you add it as just a pvp place its fine. But isnt this what people on the central have been doing? Just wondering. Who is stopping you and your friends from doing the exact same thing? Why do you need a special tab to do it? I get yes it may bring people back to pvp just for this pvp tab, but why cant people just start doing this in practice? I mean you have lvl restrictions. If a few people start a trend others follow it.

4) If it were added would people then want it to be ranked as well? I mean basically it would just be exactly like the practice area if KI didnt add a section where it was ranked? Otherwise what would the point be of having it, it people could already do it as it is?

Blake

First off, yes your right I shouldn't assume things off the join date, I apologize for that in advance.

Well, there really isn't much we could do about the whole life thing. I mean they were what they were back then. I guess if we had to do something we could let them use forest lord, but then that would start a wholenother complaining rampage which is not the point of this, Lol.

For pets? Yes, advanced pets can be used. Considering it's a huge part of strategy and hard work. We had advanced pets in GM days and they worked out just fine, besides, pets are not the reason pvp is being destroyed. You do bring up a great question though, considering some pets give spells that are after CL.
What I would say would be no school pets that aren't higher then lvl 48 would "come off" if they had been equipped. But any others pets are able to be used. That's the best solution I can come up with at the moment, but I'm sure I'll think on it. But even if they were aloud, the lack of power from the grandmaster gear & arena gear wouldn't make them very powerful anyways.... Another thing we could would be; you can use those pets, only the card will not show up in your deck. Just as KI would restrict the other cards that were after CL, they would also restrict the after CL ones on your pets.

Well I want this implanted in pvp because for the cost part it's a blast and I want a lot of people to do it. I don't think people do practice pvp because you have to be level 50, and most of us aren't. And just facing friends at a house can get kind of boring. We also want to get rank, we want to know who actually has the best skill, unlike today where we can't even tell due to luck.

The point of having is so it's ranked yes, but also because level doesn't matter. Most of us don't have a lvl 50 anymore so it won't work in practice. And if it's ranked it will attract many more people. The population in practice doesn't really have the higher ranked players anyways, if we make it more of an official thing, people will train for it and do it, therefore it becomes a bigger thing then practice.

Those were some great questions, thank you for bringing them to my attention.

One more thing, of course mastery amulets would not, be allowed. If Antibes wondering (Lol)

@jackflame

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
@awesome34,

Thank you so much! I emailed greyrose about it & am still awaiting her reply, so we hope for the best to see if some of this could at least become test realm reality if not live realm.

@jackflame

Thanks again!

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
First off, yes your right I shouldn't assume things off the join date, I apologize for that in advance.

Its no problem, I was just saying because I have later accounts and earlier accounts lol.

Well, there really isn't much we could do about the whole life thing. I mean they were what they were back then. I guess if we had to do something we could let them use forest lord, but then that would start a wholenother complaining rampage which is not the point of this, Lol.

I mean I kinda figured this already that would say that. I know it does cause more problems if life were the only school that were to get a higher lvl card. So I do have I guess kinda 2 questions then lol. I was thinking on this and an idea popped into my head. What would happen if KI added on the wysteria and expanded it like darth had said in the past. They could add new spells for the schools and make them low lvl. They could then give life an aoe or other schools types of cards they need. So if new lower lvl cards were added would you like that? Also, if they were at any time in the future would it be a problem in this new tab?

For pets? Yes, advanced pets can be used. Considering it's a huge part of strategy and hard work. We had advanced pets in GM days and they worked out just fine, besides, pets are not the reason pvp is being destroyed. You do bring up a great question though, considering some pets give spells that are after CL.
What I would say would be no school pets that aren't higher then lvl 48 would "come off" if they had been equipped. But any others pets are able to be used. That's the best solution I can come up with at the moment, but I'm sure I'll think on it. But even if they were aloud, the lack of power from the grandmaster gear & arena gear wouldn't make them very powerful anyways.... Another thing we could would be; you can use those pets, only the card will not show up in your deck. Just as KI would restrict the other cards that were after CL, they would also restrict the after CL ones on your pets.

Well I sorta disagree on this. I would not want pets that have talents and can be trained from pets that have been introduced after ds. I mean like spritely. I understand its amazing, it helps save people in PVE and PVP. But I dont like it because it saves people in pvp. If you have seen so many over active spritely pets that can cast up to 6 times in one round that is ridiculous. Not to mention, that could be 700+ in health each round. Tell me how it is possible to do the type of damage to kill anyone with DS gear to someone that has an over active pet with spritely. Now in saying that I know hits can do massive damage is they are planned out and you have 3-5 blades and 2-3 traps on the person and have a massive hit, but take the average hit back then. Spritely can save a person from the attack power now with the damage boost that some people have currently. I feel like it would make people immortal almost if people were to keep pets that have abilites after ds.

That is just one example, think about may cast talents or unicorn or other stuff that werent here when it was ds... I feel like the list just keeps doing on...... because if your going to make something just for the grandmaster time, dont you think everything should be kept the same as it was from that time?

One more thing, of course mastery amulets would not, be allowed. If Antibes wondering (Lol)

Its funny you said this lol because this was a question I was going to ask when you responded.

Well I want this implanted in pvp because for the cost part it's a blast and I want a lot of people to do it. I don't think people do practice pvp because you have to be level 50, and most of us aren't. And just facing friends at a house can get kind of boring. We also want to get rank, we want to know who actually has the best skill, unlike today where we can't even tell due to luck.

Ohhhhhhhhh ok I see where your coming from now. Hmm so I kinda have a question. Someone mentioned it before on this post. What if this takes people from ranked PVP today? KI is not going to like that because that is a money aspect of the game. I see if you make a grandmaster pvp yes they could call it ranked or practice and make money on it. But adding this also destroys everything that KI is currently trying to add to the game, which would be pulling Wizard101 into two different directions. The best solution I can say to this would be to make this like a special event? Like what if this were for 1 week out of the month or a holiday thing? I would want it if it was the best solution to the problem.

So I know thats not quite what you are shooting for though if KI were to add this, but do you see what I am saying? Its hard to add this without some compromise KI.

No problem man. I know I ask allot of questions lol but I just wanted a few answers, Maybe you can answer some of these as well

Blake

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
gertymanny wrote:
Ok I totally agree with your idea here and I wouldnt mind going back to the good ol days :), but my problem is that yes the new tactics and resources in the arena are way overpowered, but listen to this. When we had the level cap of 50 were there not level 5's in arena with crown gear and overpowered pets using Kraken treasure cards Ninja Pigs, Towers? were there not chain stunners? The only point where pvp has been completely fair was when the first 2 people pvped against each other. I remember the numerous times i have gotten just 1 match away from my first commander and i walk into an arena with a person 10 levels higher than me using crowned gear or warlord gear. I have yet to get to commander nor warlord. On the other side of that i can tell you that no matter what circumstance you are in PvP is based on your ability to get around all of that. Its adaptation. I remember the last match i did with my lvl 70 myth. I had just got off of the fact that PvP really needed to go back to the old ways. I had got set up against a lvl 80 life. This kid went all out of his way to stay alive. He had that guardian spell where he comes back after dying and lemme tell you killing someone with 4k health and them getting 2k of it back after dying isnt all that encouraging in a fight. Either way this kid did that guardian thing twice. Finally as i was preparing to lose I had came up with a strategy. I went for the build up for a medusa for the kill then do a basilisk for when he comes back alive. Needless to say his little tricks never got past mine :). The moral of this whole message is to tell you that no matter what you do with the PvP at all times will something be unfair to someone (those people in second place never really have a chance). This idea of yours is really cool though and I would love to see it sometime in the future just to go back to the good ol days :) they were fun.

Yeah man those were the days, i joined just around when the Bazaar opened along with Grizzleheim. I totally agree with this, pvp was way more fun with only grandmasters, not all of the archmages pwning you in literally 2 minutes. (maybe even one minute) I totally agree with this and i hope kingisle takes this into consideration

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
fx41001 wrote:

Its no problem, I was just saying because I have later accounts and earlier accounts lol.

I mean I kinda figured this already that would say that. I know it does cause more problems if life were the only school that were to get a higher lvl card. So I do have I guess kinda 2 questions then lol. I was thinking on this and an idea popped into my head. What would happen if KI added on the wysteria and expanded it like darth had said in the past. They could add new spells for the schools and make them low lvl. They could then give life an aoe or other schools types of cards they need. So if new lower lvl cards were added would you like that? Also, if they were at any time in the future would it be a problem in this new tab?

Well I sorta disagree on this. I would not want pets that have talents and can be trained from pets that have been introduced after ds. I mean like spritely. I understand its amazing, it helps save people in PVE and PVP. But I dont like it because it saves people in pvp. If you have seen so many over active spritely pets that can cast up to 6 times in one round that is ridiculous. Not to mention, that could be 700+ in health each round. Tell me how it is possible to do the type of damage to kill anyone with DS gear to someone that has an over active pet with spritely. Now in saying that I know hits can do massive damage is they are planned out and you have 3-5 blades and 2-3 traps on the person and have a massive hit, but take the average hit back then. Spritely can save a person from the attack power now with the damage boost that some people have currently. I feel like it would make people immortal almost if people were to keep pets that have abilites after ds.

That is just one example, think about may cast talents or unicorn or other stuff that werent here when it was ds... I feel like the list just keeps doing on...... because if your going to make something just for the grandmaster time, dont you think everything should be kept the same as it was from that time?

Its funny you said this lol because this was a question I was going to ask when you responded.

Ohhhhhhhhh ok I see where your coming from now. Hmm so I kinda have a question. Someone mentioned it before on this post. What if this takes people from ranked PVP today? KI is not going to like that because that is a money aspect of the game. I see if you make a grandmaster pvp yes they could call it ranked or practice and make money on it. But adding this also destroys everything that KI is currently trying to add to the game, which would be pulling Wizard101 into two different directions. The best solution I can say to this would be to make this like a special event? Like what if this were for 1 week out of the month or a holiday thing? I would want it if it was the best solution to the problem.

So I know thats not quite what you are shooting for though if KI were to add this, but do you see what I am saying? Its hard to add this without some compromise KI.

No problem man. I know I ask allot of questions lol but I just wanted a few answers, Maybe you can answer some of these as well

Blake

It's ok! I love questions, Lol.

Ok first question, Wysteria & Life spells.
I had actually never heard of Darth's idea of this, and from what I just read from you, I'm already in love with it. I love wysteria as many others did to I think, and I would love to see more "Lower level spells". But of course, with the society of we live in, either someones gonna find a way to spam them or complain etc etc etc. But we can't help that, I am all for a AOE Life spell, and new low level spells for every school. I don't think it would be a problem in this new tab though, I guess i'd have to see the cards. And it also depends if they turn out to be unfair. But my guess would be yes they'd be usable in this new tab. And yes I would love to see "this" added! Lol

Next question, pets. First off, Back in Grandmaster days pets never did spritely as much as they do today, i thought KI kinda "calmed it down", But I think after Avalon; they sped it up Lol. So of course, KI would have to do something about spritely, considering that is one of the issues anyways today to why its hard to kill. They would have to make it so it doesnt go off as often, especially like when your just shielding or blading I mean come on thats just ridiculous. Also, spritely will not heal as much as it does in regular pvp, Considering the Cosmic Kris and Stellar Signet are not aloud. The most it could do would probably be around 130 per round, instead of the whopping 244 it can do today. I'm still agreeing with myself that we should still have pets, cause otherwise it really just won't fly with a lot of people, and I want a lot of people to do this. And of course the May Cast Unicorn would not do 500-600 as it does today, it would probably do 300 something & it wouldnt go off near as much. (personally i though MC Unicorn was a mistake on KI's part...) Anyways, yes I still think pets should be usable.

Last question, What if takes people away from regular PvP. First off, Why shouldnt it? Why shouldnt the luck filled, overpowered, huge resistance, boost, and healing boost pvp of today be deserted? I mean obviously even by looking at these message boards people arent happy. Besides, KI would make MORE money, because the people who like pvp today will stay there, the people who dont will go to my Ranked 50 pvp, Which btw will still cost the same; Subscription: Free, Crowns: 240 day pass, 80 per match. Lol, KI is obviously trying to add things to pvp, but they just arent working. (No offense) Besides, then maybe they don't have to focus on pvp so much, and give the cool awesome spells they WANT to give to the Questing only players, but they can't cause it will effect pvp. Therefore, Both are happy: Questers don't get their spells revamped daily, and PvPers get to pvp how they want to, as it shows they DO want to pvp like this, considering the feedback i'm getting. I do like your idea of this being a special event. Of course I want this to become an everyday thing, but If KI doesnt want to quite do that, I *guess* we could turn it into a like monthly or every 2 month or every holiday thing. but of course, I want this permanent. Yes i to, would want it if it was the best solution to the problem.

The best thing I could say would to be, Just put this baby in the test realm, tell all pvpers to try it out, if they dont like it, tweak it, and if they still just dont like it, It doesnt go live. end of story.

I think that'd be best.

Thanks again!

@jackflame

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
bigshotgun wrote:
gertymanny wrote:

Yeah man those were the days, i joined just around when the Bazaar opened along with Grizzleheim. I totally agree with this, pvp was way more fun with only grandmasters, not all of the archmages pwning you in literally 2 minutes. (maybe even one minute) I totally agree with this and i hope kingisle takes this into consideration

Thank you, It means a lot, and were hoping for the best to see if this thing can make it all the way to the Test Realm for the PvP'ers to try out!

@jackflame

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Yes hope wizard101 makes something like this. The old days when your skill and thinking actually mattered to win a game, not who goes first in a transcended/Archmage duel.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
rexfire10 wrote:
Yes hope wizard101 makes something like this. The old days when your skill and thinking actually mattered to win a game, not who goes first in a transcended/Archmage duel.

Thank you! Were trying, still no email back yet though.....

@jackflame

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I truely think this is a great idea!!!!!! I have played since then and actually just posted a long rant in the "ideas" board about this very subject. I miss the days when it wasn't so much who was more powerful but who had the better deck and the better strategy. Now a days its more critical rating and defense then actual attack and strategy. I fully support this! I bet most of the warlords now a days would wither in this form of battle.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
fx41001 wrote:

Blake

Back then pets didnt do anything, they were just an accessory to your wizard that may or may not have given you a card. I believe if this was done, as I believe it should be, it should go back to those days when pets casting spritely didn't exist. Don't get me wrong I have a phoenix that casts shield, blade, trap, and gives me fire boost, but in this arena pets would be a decoration instead of active plaver. Just my humble opinion.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
Lathias wrote:
I truely think this is a great idea!!!!!! I have played since then and actually just posted a long rant in the "ideas" board about this very subject. I miss the days when it wasn't so much who was more powerful but who had the better deck and the better strategy. Now a days its more critical rating and defense then actual attack and strategy. I fully support this! I bet most of the warlords now a days would wither in this form of battle.

Thank you so much! Means a lot, just wish Kingsisle would review this and see all the positive feedback it's getting....

@jackflame

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
Lathias wrote:
fx41001 wrote:

Blake

Back then pets didnt do anything, they were just an accessory to your wizard that may or may not have given you a card. I believe if this was done, as I believe it should be, it should go back to those days when pets casting spritely didn't exist. Don't get me wrong I have a phoenix that casts shield, blade, trap, and gives me fire boost, but in this arena pets would be a decoration instead of active plaver. Just my humble opinion.

Personally, I think pets should be allowed because so many people work hard on their pets just for pvp, besides pets isn't the reason Pvp is destroyed.

Ill have to work on it,

Nice comment though,

@jackflame

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
In response to the whole life school not having an AoE spell at GM, well that is true but there were life Warlords back then to, the whole point, I think is to bring the game back to its simple form, instead of, as someone else said, Who goes first and who is luckiest that fight. New lower level spells would complicate the system and as always there will be those who would complain about who got the best/worst spell. It should just stay as is, no add ons no new spell just you your deck what ever TC's you bring in, and your strategy. I do believe that the one thing missing back in those days was the Mastery Amulets, say for a Pyromancer/Life could heal where as a Life/Myth could eradicate the blades of the more powerful storm wizard etc. I could be wrong and the mechanics in my head could be delusional, but I think it would make the dynamic of GM PvP a lot more interesting if you could still go dual school (haha I'm a poet and didn't know it :) ) We wouldnt want to get rid of everything new just most of it lol.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
Lathias wrote:
In response to the whole life school not having an AoE spell at GM, well that is true but there were life Warlords back then to, the whole point, I think is to bring the game back to its simple form, instead of, as someone else said, Who goes first and who is luckiest that fight. New lower level spells would complicate the system and as always there will be those who would complain about who got the best/worst spell. It should just stay as is, no add ons no new spell just you your deck what ever TC's you bring in, and your strategy. I do believe that the one thing missing back in those days was the Mastery Amulets, say for a Pyromancer/Life could heal where as a Life/Myth could eradicate the blades of the more powerful storm wizard etc. I could be wrong and the mechanics in my head could be delusional, but I think it would make the dynamic of GM PvP a lot more interesting if you could still go dual school (haha I'm a poet and didn't know it :) ) We wouldnt want to get rid of everything new just most of it lol.

Sometimes I feel like Mastery Amulets were a mistake as well, Now since everybody usually has a life on their team, they also have a myth amulet, which means they also earth. Back in the day, you had to have a myth player on your team if you wanted to earth, and that sacrificed another player, which helped BALANCE it. As for the life amulet, I think that can get kinda unfair as well, considering the healing boost these days and the treasure rebirths, and just a satyr for 2 power pips. Eh, it's debatable, But I don't think I'd want to see mastery amulets in this, But then again, if there were, the super healing boost wouldnt exist in this scroll, so that could balance it I guess. I feel like Mastery Amulets IS a thing of strategy, but it also turns the game a bit* to fast. Then again, I don't think it would do that without the massive healing boosts these days.

I'll have to think on it

@jackflame

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I hear you on mastery amulets being a mistake lol but truth of the matter is there are part of the game no as much as pet abilities are. As part of my strategy I have a life mastery amulet and it helps me heal to stay alive, you cant fight if your dead, lol but back then how many times did you want that gear that would allow you to use your secondary school, now we have it so why take it away? Back to the pet issue. If pets are to be allowed then how can you determine a pet at GM level, other than whether they are school pets given to you above that level? But you could have hatched a level 48 pet with your Legend pet and got a good hybrid out of it. so really your 48 pet is no technically a level 55ish pet, which is still under the GM label but not a true GM pet.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
Lathias wrote:
I hear you on mastery amulets being a mistake lol but truth of the matter is there are part of the game no as much as pet abilities are. As part of my strategy I have a life mastery amulet and it helps me heal to stay alive, you cant fight if your dead, lol but back then how many times did you want that gear that would allow you to use your secondary school, now we have it so why take it away? Back to the pet issue. If pets are to be allowed then how can you determine a pet at GM level, other than whether they are school pets given to you above that level? But you could have hatched a level 48 pet with your Legend pet and got a good hybrid out of it. so really your 48 pet is no technically a level 55ish pet, which is still under the GM label but not a true GM pet.

Sure mastery amulets may work....I guess the healing wouldnt be as big of an issue because there wouldnt be any mass healing boost.

As for pets, If you are wearing any pet, that is after Grandmaster days, you can use the pet yes, but the card it gives, will not show up in your deck. So you can use the stats, just not the card.

@jackflame

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
skier339 wrote:

@jackflame

I agree 100% because back in the GM days I would actually have a chance at winning. But even as an Archmage I can't even win. And I'm serious my PVP stats is like at 191 and I quit trying to play PVP and trying to get my chances on a PVP robe because all I do is lose and get trolled at. Heck if this happens I'll go back and farm my lvl 50 gear just so I can play the fair way of PVP again.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
Plugachuchi wrote:
skier339 wrote:

@jackflame

I agree 100% because back in the GM days I would actually have a chance at winning. But even as an Archmage I can't even win. And I'm serious my PVP stats is like at 191 and I quit trying to play PVP and trying to get my chances on a PVP robe because all I do is lose and get trolled at. Heck if this happens I'll go back and farm my lvl 50 gear just so I can play the fair way of PVP again.

Thank you, were still hoping and awaiting Professor Greyrose's response, Which i don't know if she even got the email... Anyways! Were all hoping for the best that maybe we could AT LEAST put this in test realm?

Thank you for your positive thoughts,

@jackflame

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
OK lol so with new hoard packs and the new cards and everything I have been seeing recently I just wanna say I am sold on this option. I wanna believe that I used to like pvp but then 4+ hr matches, not to mention anyone can live forever now, and it seems luck is now more of a factor than ever, I am on board with you. I would love to see this added to the game anyway they can.

(p.s> really was guardian spirit really added to a wand? really lol what more can KI do wrong to attempt to fix their mistakes?)

I came back to post this because my allot of my friends wanted me to tell you that they completely support this