Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kicked off at random

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I occasionally get 'Error Connecting to Wizard101' dialog. There is only one option; I have to quit the game and restart. This has only been happening in the past 24 hour period. In the past, occasional packet drops have not upset the client.

It's not a problem with the server. I can usually log right back in, but it is getting annoying.
:?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
You may need to run a cache cleaner, defrag, and possible update some drivers. These are just some suggestions to check.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Thanks for the excellent suggestions. Ruled out disk defrag as the problem. My disk is automatically checked every night. There is no current need for a defrag. This problem has arisen only recently, and I don't believe it is my current environment that is causing the problem.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
Try updating your systems. If you don't have very good connection at all try finding the problem to that. Do yuo have a laptop or a older computer? That could be a problem too. Good luck on fixing the connection problem!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
DaddyMichael wrote:
I occasionally get 'Error Connecting to Wizard101' dialog. There is only one option; I have to quit the game and restart. This has only been happening in the past 24 hour period. In the past, occasional packet drops have not upset the client.

It's not a problem with the server. I can usually log right back in, but it is getting annoying.
:?

There is an issue I forgot to mention in my original reply.

If there is anyone in your household that is streaming videos or music, That can also cause some problems. It will also cause severe lag and lost connections to the game.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
There are two scenarios that have happened to me:
1. I have clicked too quickly in a situation where the server can't keep up with the requests - I get the yellow chain break then the red chain break then kicked out.
2. If the game is playing slow -- it is a precursory to being kicked out.
Try changing realms. I found out by accident (when jumping realms to collect reagents) that the pace of the realm really makes a difference in performance.