Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Extremely Overpowered

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2011
The ice resist has gotten out of hand. The other day I saw someone with 92% resist to storm and fire, and also someone with 103% fire resist (yes I said 103%). The resists are just too high and is causing way too many problems pvp wise.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Cret92 wrote:
The ice resist has gotten out of hand. The other day I saw someone with 92% resist to storm and fire, and also someone with 103% fire resist (yes I said 103%). The resists are just too high and is causing way too many problems pvp wise.

Wait 103?! :-o, wouldn't that mean they would take no damage to fire then!?

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Pack converts, stack up on piercing moves, plus if they have that high resist to those schools that must mean they can't heal very well, they're pip chance must be down the drain and their damage boost is also bad.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Pack converts, stack up on piercing moves, plus if they have that high resist to those schools that must mean they can't heal very well, they're pip chance must be down the drain and their damage boost is also bad.

Actually, I've seen this person and their other stats are not too bad. It's their pet that's giving this person some of the extra resistance, plus they're just using the Avalon crafted gear. Just think about how another school's damage boost would be against this person (as low as -103%)!

Personally, I believe something needs to be done about this. There have been many topics over at Wizard101 Central about ice being overpowered, and most of the community agrees.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Well ice resist is one of there only advantage. Plus i think it might have been a system error if it said 103 resist to fire

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
AstroStorm wrote:
Cret92 wrote:

yep and some other schools can do this to
the only one that can use this style outside boss and mob fights are
death ( curse damage doesnt effect them from there own attacks)
fire ( immolating destruction)

also for those wondering if you were to take damage and ya have 100% or more resist to that damage then it says ___ immune

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AstroStorm wrote:
Cret92 wrote:

Ok. let's not start on Ice. No, I don't have Ice but did have one leveled to 34 and deleted it. Ice is one of the hardest to train.

If you really look very hard, you will find that other schools can also do this depending on their gear.

It is really getting very disheartening to see posts like this. Your wizard is what YOU make it.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
I have just one thing to say. Armor piercing levels can get around 45% without gear.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
"It is really getting very disheartening to see posts like this. Your wizard is what YOU make it."

Very true!

There is something to be said about all schools. Advantages and disadvantages. Each school can get/craft gear that will be the best for what THEY want for their wizard.

My second wizard is Ice. She's at level 71 right now. At the moment, her resistance across the board is at 20%. That's because I decided I would rather have better damage boost, power pip chance, health, healing, and accuracy.

Any school around this level who wants high resistance, is going to have to give up a lot to get it.

My Ice:

Health: 4766
Damage: 49
Resistance: 20% (across the board)
Critical: 116
Critical Block: 83 (across the board)
Power Pip: 104%
Healing In: 44%
Accuracy: 80 (base) + 18% boost

Now, my Ice hasn't gotten to Avalon yet (just started Zafaria), but my Balance has finished Avalon and I kept gear that were drops for all my wizards for when they reached the appropriate levels. The Ice gear might LOOK good, but it doesn't provide the necessary statistics that I want to keep.

Yeah, I could have massive high resistance, BUT, I'm not willing to give up my other statistics to achieve it. I need my current statistics to get me through the game with as little fuss as possible.

Besides, "resistance is futile" ....... :) (pun intended)

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Well Ice can get 80+ to schools now and 5k+ health, but that doesn't mean that it's overpowered. Did you know Storm can now spam WildBolt and heal themselves and take all your blades away? Did you know Balance can take your pips away? Did you know Death can use Efreet without the pips for a -90 on you? All schools have powerful spells, and Ice just has the gear.

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
being ice myself, i have to agree that resistance it getting a little out of hand. personally, i resist 41% to all schools, and love it. thes problem is if an ice wizard carries large resistance gear for one or two schools, then the rest of their stats suffered badly to get it.
P.S. i think the record is 74% resist to all schools