Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dark Pact should be a moon spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 04, 2010
So i'm sure you've heard of Dark Pact. If you haven't here's what it does:
You get 300 death damage and you cast a +30% balance blade.

KI does not understand what this spell is doing to Death wizards like me:
Either cast it before the other blades or never cast it, why? Two reasons:

1- Death wizards have high Death Damage, so the attack will boost on yourself as well, causing almost 500 Damage.

2- And most importantly, it uses your Death blades, making it a suicide move.

Please, I beg you, change Dark Pact into a moon spell so it wont use our blades.

Hunter ShadowHeart, lvl 78 Death Wizard.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I have suggested this and said this over and over. Maybe one day, KI will take notice and actually implement this idea. I know they did change it to empower on some gear clothing, but that is the best I have seen.

Explorer
Aug 20, 2009
I agree with you on that premise. However, I think boosts and resists should not apply to the spells. They already took away Self-Crits which is good, but I like using Dark Pact, Sacrifice, Empower, or Bad Juju in combination with a Death Shield. Changing these spells to Moon spells would not count power pips as 2 either...However, I agree that our natural boosts and resists shouldn't apply to the damage.

- Valerian DarkBringer- Transcendent Necromancer

Defender
May 15, 2010
I have thought of a solution! Cast your deathblades after you use your dark pact! I am amazing, now stare at me all like:

Armiger
May 10, 2010
jameson143 wrote:
I have thought of a solution! Cast your deathblades after you use your dark pact! I am amazing, now stare at me all like:

First of all, Does anyone else have any other spell that they have to make sure to cast one blade before the other?

Secondly, this spell already costs 1 pip, and does damage to self. So, It's fair that it costs a pip, does damage to self, and uses blades to increase damage to self?

Finally, as I have stated before, especially with death's spells that do damage to self, if you are going to do damage to self, the action should have more benefits than the reaction. In most cases, this is no longer true, hence why these spells need to be changed.

Anyone that can't see how this equation is true, needs to check their math, or look a bit harder at it, rather than in the mirror.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
these spells are like this so you have to think before just casting blades right away, also, why dark pact? sacrafice, empower, and bad juju do this too