Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Conviction - Must PvP to Train?? = Very Wrong

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
Good Day -
With the introduction of Avalon, even with Gear that promotes critical block, it seems that our wizards are being Stunned and Critical hit VERY OFTEN...

So I went to see Deigo the Duelmaster and imagine my surprise when I found out that you have to be a PvP Seargent in order to be able to TRAIN the spell Conviction.

My family has no interest in PvP and only plays PvE and finds that this spell will increase our chances of completing Avalon without having to die as often as we have been...

If you wanted to lay a level restriction to be able to train Conviction, rather than a PvP requirement... I would be ok with that. Since most of the Moon, Star and Sun spells do have a level restriction, it would make perfect sense that Conviction would follow suit.

But for this very useful spell in the Player Vs. Environment, for us to HAVE to PvP, even if it is only 10-20 matches to gain rank of Sergeant, is just ridiculous. We have even considered fighting each other's wizards just to acquire the necessary level, but even that seeems even more ridiculous...

PLEASE consider the players of this wonderful game that DONT PvP and want to train this spell for the use in PvE. Please change this to a level restriction rather than a PvP requirement. Thank you for your time.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
HatTrick3 wrote:
Good Day -
With the introduction of Avalon, even with Gear that promotes critical block, it seems that our wizards are being Stunned and Critical hit VERY OFTEN...

So I went to see Deigo the Duelmaster and imagine my surprise when I found out that you have to be a PvP Seargent in order to be able to TRAIN the spell Conviction.

My family has no interest in PvP and only plays PvE and finds that this spell will increase our chances of completing Avalon without having to die as often as we have been...

If you wanted to lay a level restriction to be able to train Conviction, rather than a PvP requirement... I would be ok with that. Since most of the Moon, Star and Sun spells do have a level restriction, it would make perfect sense that Conviction would follow suit.

But for this very useful spell in the Player Vs. Environment, for us to HAVE to PvP, even if it is only 10-20 matches to gain rank of Sergeant, is just ridiculous. We have even considered fighting each other's wizards just to acquire the necessary level, but even that seeems even more ridiculous...

PLEASE consider the players of this wonderful game that DONT PvP and want to train this spell for the use in PvE. Please change this to a level restriction rather than a PvP requirement. Thank you for your time.

Thanks for posting this.

I am one such member (with paid subs on 2 of my 5 accounts) who has zero interest in PvP, and wouldn't be humiliating myself in the arena semi-regularly if I didn't /have/ to (it's the only way to get those awesome spells... and that gorgeous DSPRE trophy, for my Dragonspyre-themed castle).

It seems that the last few updates, from Celestia onward, are focused on "professional" gamers- the PvP circuit, and people who play like it's a job- while we, the casual crowd, have been left in the dust. Pretty well all of the level 72/75 utility spells were designed for PvP, and are completely useless otherwise. I could just be hating on Mana Burn's obvious flaws (I am a Balance wizard, primarily), but what use is it in PvE? It's a free cast for your opponent... but that's a topic all its own. Sigh.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
How do we know if this is even getting looked at?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
HatTrick3 wrote:
How do we know if this is even getting looked at?

No idea. But I'm sure we'll be advised if KI decides to make any major changes. Since the professors frequent these threads quite often, they are probably listening... these things just take time to fix, sometimes (and, having been a mod on another website, I really do feel for the people on the other end).

Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
Would be nice to hear KI's side on why Conviction is the way it is to favor PvP for a a spell the PvE players would benefit from. More so now than ever.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Horrible decision by KI to make this a pvp only spell.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
I'll agree that it may be annoying to have to pvp to train this spell. However, I can suggest some alternatives that may help you on your quests.

The Baobab Crown Library in Zafaria sells Conviction treasure cards. They can get kind of pricy, though. With some luck, you can find some in the Bazaar at a cheaper price.

For myth enemies and possibly some ice enemies that like to stun, you could train the Stun Block spell.

For critical hits, there are some good wands and boots with high critical block. The boots require legendary artisan, and can be crafted from the Zafaria crafting trainer and the leprechaun in the Wild in Avalon. The best critical block wand would be the Wyrd-Oak Staff, with 73 critical block. If you have not had the luck to find that, there are some other wands with 40+ critical block that you may be able to find on the Bazaar.

So far, the only spot in the game I've found where Conviction is practically needed would be Morganthe in Ghost Avalon. Due to the mammoth spam she likes to do. The rest of the game it isn't too hard to survive without it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Pyrsik wrote:

My sentiments exactly.

If street mobs have access to it (and they do), then we should be able to train it as well, without having to make fools of ourselves constantly.

Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
I have good block on my wizards and still don't block every time. Conviction works well with the gear.

FYI I get a good supply of conviction treasure cards from Couch Potato plants and I only have 4 of them planted.

I think this is a spell that should be considered available to all wizards not just PVPers.

Mary

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
I agree that this spell should be available to everyone regardless of LEVEL or RANK.

A level requirement should not be imposed due to the fact that many lower level players desperately need this spell in PvP when matched against higher level players. It would be a massacre in the arena if there was a level requirement.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:

Agreed!