Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it a Hybrid, or Something Else?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Okay, so, I've only seen one pet like two of mine. I have a Storm Cat and a Fire Serpent. I got one by, well, to be honest I have no idea how I got Lord Sparky (my Storm Cat). I got Hunter (My Fire serpent) by I think defeating some really powerful Dragonspyre Boss.

Soo... I want to know are they Hybrids? (as I suspect.) Are they one of a kind? I've only seen one of each, and those are my two!

Megan EmeraldBlade, level 48 Master Sorceress

"Without the Order we bring, all is Chaos"

Brittany DeathBringer, level 26 Adept Necromancer

"With only Order, life is boring. Chaos comes with Death"

Defender
May 15, 2010
Carni wrote:
Okay, so, I've only seen one pet like two of mine. I have a Storm Cat and a Fire Serpent. I got one by, well, to be honest I have no idea how I got Lord Sparky (my Storm Cat). I got Hunter (My Fire serpent) by I think defeating some really powerful Dragonspyre Boss.

Soo... I want to know are they Hybrids? (as I suspect.) Are they one of a kind? I've only seen one of each, and those are my two!

They are just drops.

Defender
Nov 05, 2011
Alrighty, a storm cat is certainly NOT a hybrid because a boss in grizzleheim drops them. And if you say you got the fire serpant from a dragonspyre boss then it probably isn't a hybrid.

Hybrids are hatched pets, not pets which look like a different pet.

Jasmine icebringer

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
No. A hybrid is when you hatch something like Ice Wyvern and Phoenix together in the Hatchery.

Jasmine/Victoria/Jessica

Explorer
Aug 09, 2011
Carni wrote:

omg u have a storm cat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would u mind hatching with me???!!!!!! I have a adult nightmare i could hatch with and i will sometimes be round the hatchery in the stormzilla realm. i really want a storm cat and i will b at the hatchery around lunch (west time)
Amber LionStaff

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
pika47 wrote:
Carni wrote:

omg u have a storm cat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would u mind hatching with me???!!!!!! I have a adult nightmare i could hatch with and i will sometimes be round the hatchery in the stormzilla realm. i really want a storm cat and i will b at the hatchery around lunch (west time)
Amber LionStaff

When you hatch, you can't get the other person's pet.

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
FDrybob wrote:
When you hatch, you can't get the other person's pet.

That's not true. When you and a friend hatch two different pets together, you and your friend both can get the same species as either parent, with a mix of talents and derby skills from both.

If I hatched my Ice Hound with a friend's Wraith for instance, we could both get hounds, or both get wraiths, or each get copies of our own pets again (hound for me and wraith for them), OR each get copies of each other's pets (wraith for me and hound for them). Both child pets will have a mix of talents and skills from both parents, but each child could look like either one of its parents.

If we were mixing two different school pets of the same level - an Ice Colossus with a Wraith for instance (both level 48s) - then we'd also have a small chance either or both of us could end up with a hybrid.

- Sierra Starsong, lvl 80 Ice