Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guardian Spirit is fine

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
You've all heard of the Guardian Spirit spell, and how a lot of wizards are now complaining about it, and how there's also a major increase on Life wizards, and how much better Life has gotten in pvp. Guardian Spirit can actually be easily compared to another spell that was never complained about before. Sacrifice uses the same style in a way. If the Death wizard is at low health, and they hit a critical, they would die, then recover back to a lot of health, as well as getting any positive or negative debuffs off. Also, Sacrifice costs less pips. Therefore, there is a spell equal or at times better then Guardian Spirit.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Sacrifice is different from guardian spirit in every way besides it taking of debuffs and DoT's off. First of all if you die using sacrifice you come back with the amount of pips you had because you didn't die at the end of the entire round, guardian spirit heals you at the end and only gives you 1 pip. Guardian spirit can be cast as early in the game as possible and it will steal heal you unlike sacrifice. Guardian spirit is also not a tc or learnable by other schools, sacrifice is a tc.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
The spell itself is fine. It's the people the spell is beating that are the problem. Stop complaining.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Sacrifice can be a treasure card, yes, and it is like Guardian Spirit. I never said it's the exact replica, but Sacrifice to me, is an improved version of Guardian Spirit in some way. The only difference in that Guardian Spirit is a direct recovery, and Sacrifice does self damage, and also that Guardian Spirit waits until you die. They can be similar if the Death wizard (Or any other wizard) is at low health, and they both work in great ways. Sacrifice is a rare TC so you won't see many use it. But yeah, those spells are very similar, so if you complain about Guardian Spirit, then you're complaining about Sacrifice.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
You've all heard of the Guardian Spirit spell, and how a lot of wizards are now complaining about it, and how there's also a major increase on Life wizards, and how much better Life has gotten in pvp. Guardian Spirit can actually be easily compared to another spell that was never complained about before. Sacrifice uses the same style in a way. If the Death wizard is at low health, and they hit a critical, they would die, then recover back to a lot of health, as well as getting any positive or negative debuffs off. Also, Sacrifice costs less pips. Therefore, there is a spell equal or at times better then Guardian Spirit.

WHAT?? IT can be COMPAIRED to sacrafice?? First of all, sacrafice does damage to the caster, before it gives ANY health, and second of all sacrafice does a lot more for a death wizard that just "heals". This spell has been around longer than you've been playing this game.

Sacrafice is a treasure card that every school can use.
Guardian sprite is not available for every player.

It is comments like these that make me sit and scratch my head.. *scratch* *scratch*!!!

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I agree that Guardian Spirit is fine.

What I find sad is that people want to nerf this spell because of PvP. I don't really care about PvP, so why should I be affected by it to this extent? I'd say the majority of Theurgists disagree that our new heal should be decreased.

Frankly, I don't understand why no one wants to admit that GS can be nullfied with Entangle. Train it. Colossus Boulevard. Works.

Please, KI, don't penalize Theurgy in PvE just to please the PvP crowd. Your biggest payers are PvE. Just sayin'.

Regards,

Queenlybluebean/Iridian Shadowweaver

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:

What I find sad is that people want to nerf this spell because of PvP. I don't really care about PvP, so why should I be affected by it to this extent? I'd say the majority of Theurgists disagree that our new heal should be decreased.

Frankly, I don't understand why no one wants to admit that GS can be nullfied with Entangle. Train it. Colossus Boulevard. Works.

Please, KI, don't penalize Theurgy in PvE just to please the PvP crowd. Your biggest payers are PvE. Just sayin'.

Regards,

Because one would have to cast Entangle literally every single round to prevent this. 
Entangle may sound good on paper, but it's not a realistic method of combatting this spell. 
Entangle works best on wizards other than life. Normally the only life spells they will have are heals, making entangle useful against them. Not only will a life spell be rarer to find for non lifes, but when it does come up it will be a heal. Therefor they need to waste that heal to remove that dispel. 
Life on the other hand has a deck filled with life spells. Entangle is no sweat for them to remove. It will be gone next round. 
You think opponents should have to cast an entangle every round to stop one spell? 
Bottom line, the entangle strategy is not realistic or efficient to stop a single life spell among the many that will be cast
Obviously life isn't just going  to carry one GS.
So regardless of whether you dispel or not, the spell WILL be cast. 
You're obviously a life wizard, and it's even more obvious you don't  PvP. You didnt even need to state that fact. Just sayin' 

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
WHAT?? IT can be COMPAIRED to sacrafice?? First of all, sacrafice does damage to the caster, before it gives ANY health, and second of all sacrafice does a lot more for a death wizard that just "heals". This spell has been around longer than you've been playing this game.

I know the effects of Sacrifice very well, and I know that it can be compared to Guardian Spirit. It is also a Weakness shaker and can be a suicide spell to remove all traps and shields and debuffs from yourself, which is basically what Guardian Spirit does. As I said, Sacrifice isn't an exact replica (And never will be). Trust me, Sacrifice is a great comparison to Guardian Spirit if used suicidally. Yep, Sacrifice was made before I played, and also before you played, as well as any spell (Other then Grizzleheim) that is level 40 and under.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:

Regards,

Actually, PvP is wizard101's biggest system now. Why do you think a lot of people do it daily for more then 12 hours sometimes? PvP holds the chain for wizard101, making players pay more then ever before. You can tell that ever since 2009, a lot of people have cared about people all the way up to now, 2012.

Guardian Spirit can be changed if KI wants it to, because I've never been 100% okay with it, just partially. You have to admit though, this spell makes PvE and PvP very easy, so if you're a Theurgist that wants to be overpowered, well you have to gain that power, not just get fed by it.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
loki1201 wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:

Regards,

You're obviously a life wizard, and it's even more obvious you don't  PvP. You didnt even need to state that fact. Just sayin' 

Right, I stated clearly that I am a Theurgist and I don't care for PvP. So, pvp'ers, please explain to us PvE wizards why we should let you decide the fate of spells used in PvE?

And @joujoucool,

Please prove that PvP is KI's money maker in Wizard101. I don't think you can do it, honestly.

Fabulous day,

Qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver, Theurgist, Errant Knight

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:

Regards,

QBB,

I would expect that 99.99% of Theurgists would say that it shouldn't be nerfed, why would they. I have six wizards, and I pvp, and I may be one of the few Life wizards that understand why it should be nerfed.
First, as stated, Entangle does not work, you would have to place it perfectly if First, and if Second, you could not use it at all.
I know you wouldn't understand, as you don't PvP.

All PVP'ers are also PVE players, let me state that, also.
How do we get to level 5, 70, or 80, if we don't PVE.

What you can't understand, as you dont' PVP, is that this spell as is, makes PVP last a huge amount of time. It will and already has generated turtles, especially when they go first. It make the PVP game, not worth playing.
Everyone is saying, just use Doom and Gloom, great for a Death player, not so easy for everyone else.

Since you don't PVP. please let me put this in perspective for you.
You are up against a cheating Boss, and you can only use 4 pip spells or lower.
Only one person is allowed into this battle at a time.

If you blade or shield, they are removed, and only one trap is allowed.
Now, to make this more fun, lets give the Boss three times the health you have, so he has 12,000 hp.
Every two or three rounds (random), he is going to put out the Life Aura.
Every three or four rounds (random) he is going to heal with a 1600 heal.
If you kill him, he comes back to life with 6000 hp.

This is kinda what is happening in PVP right now, and it takes the fun out of it, real fast.

From your point of view, you don't want any spell cut. Well, from my point of view, I have a Life and a Balance Wizard, and I expect both of their spells to be nerf. I understand, because I PvP, I know you wont'.

Joe.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Right Joe, but you have not explained in a convincing way why PvP is more important than PvE. Nor have you justified why the small number of wizards who PvP should dictate the terms of spells for the huge number of PvE wizards.

All of your explanation, excellent as it is, does not clarify anything other than a narrow PvP view of Guardian Spirit. AND not from a Theurgist's perspective.

Don't you think the majority of us are just as important at the minority of PvP'ers? Or do you hold yourself and your friends in such high esteem that you forget that PvP does not exist without PvE?

I saw that you think PvP complaints are the only valid ones on these forums. DO you really think that such elitism furthers your cause? I certainly don't. Such a position points to a lack of respect for the millions of wizards who do not PvP.

Regards,

Qbb

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:

Regards,

QBB,

I would expect that 99.99% of Theurgists would say that it shouldn't be nerfed, why would they. I have six wizards, and I pvp, and I may be one of the few Life wizards that understand why it should be nerfed.

I have many schools Joe, and I don't agree with you about this nerf.

First, as stated, Entangle does not work, you would have to place it perfectly if First, and if Second, you could not use it at all.

Same as all dispels Joe, that is part of PvP!

I know you wouldn't understand, as you don't PvP.

All PVP'ers are also PVE players, let me state that, also.
How do we get to level 5, 70, or 80, if we don't PVE.

What you can't understand, as you dont' PVP, is that this spell as is, makes PVP last a huge amount of time. It will and already has generated turtles, especially when they go first. It make the PVP game, not worth playing.
Everyone is saying, just use Doom and Gloom, great for a Death player, not so easy for everyone else.

Wow, so wanting to nerf a spell to lower the amount of time spent in a match? Really Joe? This is your best excuse to nerf this spell? Ice is a turtle, Ice can heal, Ice makes a match last forever.

As far as Doom & Gloom goes, anyone can use a Death Amulet, same as any school. It costs 2 pips, where as Life's Sancturary spell costs 3 pips. Any more excuses you would like to bring up? Also, Infection works on this spell if used before it is cast.

That's the real problem, people want to complain and cry about a spell without actually trying to defeat it.

Since you don't PVP. please let me put this in perspective for you.
You are up against a cheating Boss, and you can only use 4 pip spells or lower.
Only one person is allowed into this battle at a time.

If you blade or shield, they are removed, and only one trap is allowed.
Now, to make this more fun, lets give the Boss three times the health you have, so he has 12,000 hp.
Every two or three rounds (random), he is going to put out the Life Aura.
Every three or four rounds (random) he is going to heal with a 1600 heal.
If you kill him, he comes back to life with 6000 hp.

This is kinda what is happening in PVP right now, and it takes the fun out of it, real fast.

If neither is allowed to have more than 4 pips, this spell could not be casted. This is not even an accurate description of PvP, especially at Warlord status. Joe, come with a real arguement and facts before you post something like this, please, this total exaggeration does not help your case.

From your point of view, you don't want any spell cut. Well, from my point of view, I have a Life and a Balance Wizard, and I expect both of their spells to be nerf. I understand, because I PvP, I know you wont'.

Joe.

Joe, even you stated that the schools show their balance in PvP. Even you gave the schools ranking, did you not?

Fire and Myth should be hit with the nerf bat several times before life is.

Life has no 4 pip AoE spell. Life has no DoT spell. Life has no boosting Enviornmental spell.

Balance, has no shield. Fire and Myth are top of the LeaderBoards, yet fire is getting boosted, while Life is getting nerfed?

And you call this fair?

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
queenlybluebean, you are correct on a lot of what you state.. I don't think anyone really wants to take this spell from Life wizards.. I know I don't. The actual game IS what matters, but like myself, when I am done with the new worlds I run to pvp to fill the time if I have nothing left to do- that is where the new spells pose the biggest problem.. I am all for Life wizards, and glad they got some good spells because death sure didn't.. It should just be fair for all wizards, in and out of pvp. If it can't be fair- than certain spells shouldn't be able to be used & over abusesd is all. Guardian Sprite is "fine" in GAME, in pvp, not so much.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
QBB wrote.
Right Joe, but you have not explained in a convincing way why PvP is more
important than PvE. Nor have you justified why the small number of wizards
who PvP should dictate the terms of spells for the huge number of PvE wizards.

Reply, PVP is not more important that PVE, and that is not a point that I am
trying to make to any degree.

All of your explanation, excellent as it is, does not clarify anything other
than a narrow PvP view of Guardian Spirit. AND not from a Theurgist's perspective.

Don't you think the majority of us are just as important at the minority of PvP'ers?
Or do you hold yourself and your friends in such high esteem that you forget that
PvP does not exist without PvE?

I saw that you think PvP complaints are the only valid ones on these forums.
DO you really think that such elitism furthers your cause? I certainly don't.
Such a position points to a lack of respect for the millions of wizards who do not PvP.

Regards,

Qbb

QBB,

The best I can do for a reply is state this, Honda makes cars. They designed engines
for the street driven cards (PvE). Later on, Honda got into many different types of High speed Racing (which I will call PVP), and realized that they needed to change the design of their engines (our Wizard's spells).
Why did they do this, because it was a better idea, and helped in overall design.

Every Honda Car or truck engine on the market, is now completely changed, because of the racing engines in a few race cars. To me, I see that is very close to what is happening in W101's PVE, PVP and spells.

I may or may not like what Honda has done to the car's engines (spells), but it was needed for those very few that drive Race (PVP) cars. They are all computer controlled and have all kinds of sensors on them (which my Dad likes and our neighbor hates).
This was all from advance designs of Honda's Race cars.
Btw, those that drive Race (PVP) cars, also have to drive their Street driven Hondas (PVE) to get to the race track (PvP).
This is not the entire picture for Honda, but I didn't want to get into too much detail.

The PVP community is large, and KI knows that, and if you take a look at the groups that PVP, it's massive. On any Friday, Sat, or Sunday, just log on and take a look ot the massive amount of players that are PvPing in Practice and in Ranked.
When you see 98 Practice 4v4 matches and 42 Ranked 4v4 matches going on, as there was Fri night, that's 1120 Players, and then we have 3v3, 2v2, and 1v1 practice and ranked on top of that.
Plus if you look at the number of players waiting, it would usually double that amount.

Run from one end of Avalon to the other and try finding just 200 PVE players.

My point is, the PvP community is very large, and that is why KI is reacting so fast to look at these new spells. We that PVP are just as much a part of PVE as anyone else.
We are just the extreme race Wizards of the spiral.

Joe.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
Right Joe, but you have not explained in a convincing way why PvP is more important than PvE. Nor have you justified why the small number of wizards who PvP should dictate the terms of spells for the huge number of PvE wizards.

All of your explanation, excellent as it is, does not clarify anything other than a narrow PvP view of Guardian Spirit. AND not from a Theurgist's perspective.

Don't you think the majority of us are just as important at the minority of PvP'ers? Or do you hold yourself and your friends in such high esteem that you forget that PvP does not exist without PvE?

I saw that you think PvP complaints are the only valid ones on these forums. DO you really think that such elitism furthers your cause? I certainly don't. Such a position points to a lack of respect for the millions of wizards who do not PvP.

Regards,

Qbb

QBB,

The minority (as you call us) is also part of the Majority, and play the game far more than the Majority. This is very clear to any PVP player, believe me. To explain this, just ask a ranked 1200 or so PVP player how much time he has spent in the game, getting is gear, Pet, Wand, etc.
So please explain how you know that the massive number of PVP plays, is such a small number? When did KI release this information?

Second of all, yes PVP are elite, imo, whether they are 600 or 1400, they are the elite of the game. Are they more important than the standard PvE player, I would say no. Are they usually better players, I would say Yes, they are.

To answer your final question, an elite player would understand the game better than a non-elite player. They most likely would make a better judgement call on the power of spells. The elite in this case is KI, they decide if the spell is overpowered. They know the game, and were the game is going. If they say it's Over Powered, then it is over powered, no questions asked. If it is dropped to 15%, then you know it was Overpowered. If it stays at 25%, then Darthjt and you are correct.

Joe.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Darthjt,

Yes, I posted a listing of the school, but what I did not post was what separates them, how far they are apart. A matter that you have overlooked in your flawed reply.

You told me to stop using extreme values, but I was just following your lead. Ok, here are solid real values, of how my brother has his Life set up right now. He just pulled him up, so I could write this down.

Life Wizard, Level 80.
Current Rank, 1279, 1v1 only Warlord. (Total of 11 lost).
(pets stats are added in).
Health or HP is 3924.
Damage 59 hit.
Resist is global at 42.
Critical is 132.
Block is 82.
Power pips at 97%.

Amulet is the Myth Amulet, traing up to Earthquake.

Healing is at 55%/40%. (Steller Signet and Cosmic rings, plus 5%, 3%, and 5%, from WW gear.

On one 420 Pixie he can heal for exactly 1005 hp. (exact values on screen)
With an Aura up, he can heal for exactly 1363. (exact values on screen)
With a Satyr up he can heal for 2,058.
With a Satyr, and the Aura up, he can heal for 2,796. Exact values on the Screen.

When defeated, with Guardian Spirit up, he heals for 2,348 hp, 3,924 if he criticals.
Once back to life, on the first round, he can use a Pixie to bring his health up to 3,353 hp.

He is undefeated since the release of Avalon, and is hoping the Guardian Spirit spell does not get changed. As it is, he feels that the Guardian Spirit spells give him an advantage that he does not want to lose.
He stated, if they drop it to 15%, it could hurt the current stratergy he uses, and it would be harder against a good Fire.
He also stated, no Myth, Death, Balance, Life, or Ice can touch him.
A storm, only if they are real lucky, but none have had any luck yet.

Life is on a rampage, and even if the spell is nerfed, it won't make much difference. I may well put Life just an edge under Fire, and above Myth after watching his new stratergy in action.

The telling tale will be what KI does, if they decide to nerf it, it was for a real reason. They won't nerf any spell, no matter what the complaints, unless it's unfair.

Joe.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
Lion359 wrote:
Darthjt,

Yes, I posted a listing of the school, but what I did not post was what separates them, how far they are apart. A matter that you have overlooked in your flawed reply.

You told me to stop using extreme values, but I was just following your lead. Ok, here are solid real values, of how my brother has his Life set up right now. He just pulled him up, so I could write this down.

Life Wizard, Level 80.
Health or HP is 3924.
Damage 59 hit.
Resist is global at 42.
Critical is 132.
Block is 82.
Power pips at 97%.

Healing is at 55%/40%. (Steller Signet and Cosmic rings, plus 5%, 3%, and 5%, from WW gear.

With a Satyr, and the Aura up, he can heal for 2,796. Exact values on the Screen.

When defeated, with Guardian Spirit up, he heals for 2,348 hp, 3,924 if he criticals.
Once back to life, on the first round, he can use a Pixie to bring his health up to 3,353 hp.

He is undefeated since the release of Avalon, and is hoping the Guardian Spirit spell does not get changed. As it is, he feels that the Guardian Spirit spells give him an advantage that he does not want to lose.
He stated, if they drop it to 15%, it could hurt the current stratergy he uses, and it would be harder against a good Fire.

Life is on a rampage, and even if the spell is nerfed, it won't make much difference. I may well put Life just an edge under Fire, and above Myth after watching his new stratergy in action.

The telling tale will be what KI does, if they decide to nerf it, it was for a real reason. They won't nerf any spell, no matter what the complaints, unless it's unfair.

Joe.

So its ok if fire and myth get an overpowered spell but life or other schools cant have one?
Guardian is fine, it's the first spell that allows life to be better in 1v1 pvp. And if you dont want life to "turtle around" in pvp, what about finally giving life one spell that is worth using in 1v1 or other types of pvp that is not a healing spell. Forest lord or gnomes can easily be shield in pvp.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
QBB wrote.
Right Joe, but you have not explained in a convincing way why PvP is more
important than PvE. Nor have you justified why the small number of wizards
who PvP should dictate the terms of spells for the huge number of PvE wizards.

Reply, PVP is not more important that PVE, and that is not a point that I am
trying to make to any degree.

All of your explanation, excellent as it is, does not clarify anything other
than a narrow PvP view of Guardian Spirit. AND not from a Theurgist's perspective.

Don't you think the majority of us are just as important at the minority of PvP'ers?
Or do you hold yourself and your friends in such high esteem that you forget that

Such a position points to a lack of respect for the millions of wizards who do not PvP.

Regards,

Qbb

QBB,

The best I can do for a reply is state this, Honda makes cars. They designed engines
for the street driven cards (PvE). Later on, Honda got into many different types of High speed Racing (which I will call PVP), and realized that they needed to change the design of their engines (our Wizard's spells).
Why did they do this, because it was a better idea, and helped in overall design.

Every Honda Car or truck engine on the market, is now completely changed, because of the racing engines in a few race cars. To me, I see that is very close to what is happening in W101's PVE, PVP and spells.

I may or may not like what Honda has done to the car's engines (spells), but it was needed for those very few that drive Race (PVP) cars. They are all computer controlled and have all kinds of sensors on them (which my Dad likes and our neighbor hates).
This was all from advance designs of Honda's Race cars.
Btw, those that drive Race (PVP) cars, also have to drive their Street driven Hondas (PVE) to get to the race track (PvP).
This is not the entire picture for Honda, but I didn't want to get into too much detail.

The PVP community is large, and KI knows that, and if you take a look at the groups that PVP, it's massive. On any Friday, Sat, or Sunday, just log on and take a look ot the massive amount of players that are PvPing in Practice and in Ranked.
When you see 98 Practice 4v4 matches and 42 Ranked 4v4 matches going on, as there was Fri night, that's 1120 Players, and then we have 3v3, 2v2, and 1v1 practice and ranked on top of that.
Plus if you look at the number of players waiting, it would usually double that amount.

My point is, the PvP community is very large, and that is why KI is reacting so fast to look at these new spells. We that PVP are just as much a part of PVE as anyone else.

Joe.

so because you pvp and pve that makes your comlaints more important than ours? :?

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
gweedoboy wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
QBB wrote.

Regards,

Qbb

QBB,

Joe.

so because you pvp and pve that makes your comlaints more important than ours? :?

Let me reply with this, if a kid in first grade and a college grad with a Engineering degree complains about a flaw in the design structure of a Bridge, which one is most likely correct?

Joe.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
aless2209 wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Darthjt,

Life Wizard, Level 80.
Health or HP is 3924.
Damage 59 hit.
Resist is global at 42.
Critical is 132.
Block is 82.
Power pips at 97%.

Joe.

So its ok if fire and myth get an overpowered spell but life or other schools cant have one?
Guardian is fine, it's the first spell that allows life to be better in 1v1 pvp. And if you dont want life to "turtle around" in pvp, what about finally giving life one spell that is worth using in 1v1 or other types of pvp that is not a healing spell. Forest lord or gnomes can easily be shield in pvp.

Aless2209,

Wow, have you ever PvP'ed above Captain level at all? Really, Gnome is not a good spell? Forest Lord is not a good spell, wow, I say that you simply do not have your Wizard set up correctly. I have seen plenty of Life Warlord lately, even more since we hit Level 68 in Zafaria.
If you are life, and you are level 68, and you are not a warlord, you need to get to work.
Buy back your training points, go get the Myth Amulet, the waterworks gear, along with the other basics, and you should be a warlord in no time.
This new utility spell is going to be a great help, at 15%, believe me, it doesn't need to be at 25%, if you are setup correctly.
For anyone that complains on the change in this spell, all I can say is, it's still an excellent spell to add in, just as is. All I can say is, soon I will have it in my deck, and I know it will be awesome as is.

Joe.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
QBB wrote.

Regards,

Qbb

QBB,

Joe.

Let me reply with this, if a kid in first grade and a college grad with a Engineering degree complains about a flaw in the design structure of a Bridge, which one is most likely correct?

Joe.
well the college guy of course but in this case i wasnt really refering to the guardian spirit spell witch i probaly should have mentioned but what about in just gernaral things like pve, gear, new spells(not including them in pvp of course since you say your so smart and others who dont pvp are dumb), quest, dungeons, bosses ect. so in all those are you the one ki should be listening to. are you the only one who makes sense when talking about pve. are you a some sort of legendary master of pve that knowes better than 20 million people. i would hope you say no but hey you never know. plz reply

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
Lion359 wrote:
aless2209 wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Darthjt,

Life Wizard, Level 80.
Health or HP is 3924.
Damage 59 hit.
Resist is global at 42.
Critical is 132.
Block is 82.
Power pips at 97%.

Joe.

Aless2209,

Wow, have you ever PvP'ed above Captain level at all? Really, Gnome is not a good spell? Forest Lord is not a good spell, wow, I say that you simply do not have your Wizard set up correctly. I have seen plenty of Life Warlord lately, even more since we hit Level 68 in Zafaria.
If you are life, and you are level 68, and you are not a warlord, you need to get to work.
Buy back your training points, go get the Myth Amulet, the waterworks gear, along with the other basics, and you should be a warlord in no time.
This new utility spell is going to be a great help, at 15%, believe me, it doesn't need to be at 25%, if you are setup correctly.
For anyone that complains on the change in this spell, all I can say is, it's still an excellent spell to add in, just as is. All I can say is, soon I will have it in my deck, and I know it will be awesome as is.

Joe.

Do you even know what you are talking about? i have many warlords, life, death, myth, balance and a storm.
I never said gnomes and forest lord were weak, i said they can be counter easily.
It's sad how you speak like you're a good pvper, but you complain about guardian spirit instead of looking for ways to counter it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010

Joe.

Then why Joe, do you keep insisting you are correct? When will you learn that you are the kid that's whining and complaining, throwing a tantrum to get your way?

I am not a kid, I am a highly educated adult. I have plenty of experience in both PvP & PvE.

I know how to defeat this spell. I also know, that this nerf is not really going to effect anything in PvP, therefore, it does not really matter, but! It does take away from PVE, which is the whole point.

Gear setup for PvP & PvE is entirely different Joe. You wont use the same gear, stats, etc for when you PvE that you would when you PvP. If you don't know that, then you still have a lot to learn.

As far as you going from my lead, I don't over exaggerate facts. If I do have any type of exaggeration, I state that it is, or might be slightly over exaggerated. I tend to use factual numbers, factual information, why, to paint a real picture for all to see.

Your picture of your brother's life, shows his true weakness. Only 80 something critical block. With the new critical ratings, Life would easily be defeated with anyone that is using the new crafted gear. However, most don't use this gear as it loses about 9% of global resistance on the hats. Storm might, as they need to hit hard and fast. Fire wont, because fire has all the tools it needs. Myth can, because it will gain life Resistance anyway, but then loses that great resistance to the important schools, like Storm, Fire, and Ice.

The main problem Joe, is that where does it end? PvP is putting a huge damper on spells and the expansion of the game. How can you not see that?

+2 pip wands, was it a bad idea? No, but because of PvP, it can't be.
Simplify & Elucidate, bad idea? No, but because of PvP, they can't be.

These are just a few of the things that prove PvP is limiting the expansion of this game.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Darthjt,

The main problem Joe, is that where does it end? PvP is putting a huge damper on spells and the expansion of the game. How can you not see that?

+2 pip wands, was it a bad idea? No, but because of PvP, it can't be.
Simplify & Elucidate, bad idea? No, but because of PvP, they can't be.

These are just a few of the things that prove PvP is limiting the expansion of this game.

Darthjt,

I really don't care how old you are, in this game you are in my world, we face each other on KI's terms.

That is a good point, this is a family game, why are you trying to change that?

I have one question for you, why do you need a +2 pip wand ofr PVE?
Why would you need Simplify or Elucidate in PVE, who does?
Why does it matter if Guardian Spirit heals for 15% or 25% in PVE.
Why would I need stronger spells in PVE, when many can solo the game
as is? I have watched solos of the Tower of Helephant and just about every other Boss in the game.

You see Darthjt, you don't need any of that, you don't need to expand the PVE part any more than KI has planned. KI is just like anyone else, even Teachers, they make mistakes. Once the mistake is looked at, it's corrected, it's that simple. All games do that, it's fair and the way it should be, no matter what you think.

I am in "Youth in Government" and we look at many issues that face our state. We argue the point and debate the issues, and this is what you do when there is a problem.
So Yes, I whine as you put it, but guess what, if you have a problem you need to bring it to KI's attention. They will make a logical fix, if it's needed.

Look at the bring side of things, I will only be in the game for another two monthes. Then my account will be taken over by my younger brother.
I hope my other brother keeps you in check, and doesn't let you get out of hand...... :)

Your bro....
Joe.