Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why I'm stopping pvp and possibly W101...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 10, 2012
doudjy wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Doudjy quote: "Ok, so I went through my friend's list and wanted to verify yor statement. I looked at the stats of 13 pvp players with ranks above 1200 (myth and fire only), and guess what? not a single one one of them had boost over 50%, while they ALL had a minimum of 50% incoming healing boost. I even went further, and looked at the stats of great pvp players (again, myth and fire only) with ranks above 1000, and NONE of them had damage boost over 55% I mean, if boost is so important, then how come these players are so willing to sacrifice it? I can get over 70% boost on my fire if I wanted to, but do I care about it? No. Would I give up my 55% in 20% out healing boost for a damage boost over 60%, NO! And neither will any of my fire and myth warlord friends. What do YOU know that they do not."

Myth and Fire are the two Wizards that don't need high boost, why because they have all the tools they need. On the other hand, depending on the player's stratergy, High damage may be reqired. I can see why someone would say that High Gear damge is required, and I can see why someone would say that it is not.
Some (maybe many) may disagree with this, but I firmly believe that the players with Low gear damage, use a better stratergy. The ones with High Gear Boost, use a simpler stratergy in most cases. I am basing this on the past year of pvp.
Plus anyone knows on healing boost, if you can't keep alive in combat, you lose. The hits have increased so much over the last year, that staying alive is getting harder and harder with these big one hit attacks.

Just my thoughts,
Joe.

Well I was specifically speaking for fire and myth, hence the reason I kept mentioning them in my reply. Storm, on the other hand, does need high damage boost. Storm has no interest in prolonging a battle. The more a fight drags, the more I believe the storm is at a disadvantage. When I first hit the 1000's rank, I would encounter many storms who wouldn't even bother shield, or do it rarely. Storms wants to be offensive right of the bat and for the opponent on the defensive and start thinking about healing. But it is very different for fire and myth, these wizards have no problem in a long fight. Actually, the more a fight lasts, the more it may be advantageous to a fire and myth (ice as well). Thus, they don't need a high damage boost, however, they need high boost heal to be able to stay in the fight.

And I totally agree with you. In my experience, all the great pvp fire and myth wizards I know have boost around 49% or 50%, and they do amazingly great with it. I only started understanding that high boost was important when I was a commander. I would occasionally fight a warlord who would outlast me with heal boost, while my high damage boost did not make up for that.
As of now some ice wizards have immunity to storm and fire. Their is a very risky spell that can counter the immunity resistance for storm. Its insane bolt, i mean why not go for it if you have no chance of putting a dent on ice wizards.

Survivor
Nov 03, 2011
Good thought conno365. but Insane bolt is not allowed in pvp.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
"As of now some ice wizards have immunity to storm and fire. Their is a very risky spell that can counter the immunity resistance for storm. Its insane bolt, i mean why not go for it if you have no chance of putting a dent on ice wizards."

Conno365,

I have not seen an Ice wizard set themselves up for immunity to Fire and Storm at all. Why, because it would lower their Accuracy, Power pips, and General Resist to all other wizards. Normally I see Ice with a resist of around 75% to Fire and 65% to Storm.
To counter this, just put up an Infallible 15 to 20% (I normally carry three in my deck for my Storm, Fire, Ice, Myth, Balance or Life). Now, on any large hit I use the -20 resist and accuracy spell. I have just taken 35% off the shield I need to go through and the resist of the Gear in one hit.
So, if I use a DOT, I have dropped the Ice resist to my Fire down to 40%.
My Gear boost (of 65%) takes care of the 40% resist completely.
This setup does work, and I have taken out Ice wizards with it since Avalon.

Joe.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2009
Been playing this game since fall of 09 and I got to say it used to be really fun. But after level 60 it went down hill. I didn't mind addition of level 60 that much.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
dont mess with dustin dude he will kill you with snow angel 500 per turn kill and joujou11cool i beat an archmage i beat all archmages ever school

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
To you people who are complaining about guardian spirit,

Guardian spirit is now lowered to 15% and is a useless spell. Let me tell you a story. I was against a level 70 storm who spammed wildbolt. He had guardian spirit from some guitar wand. I have no clue how he got it, but whatever. He used guardian spirit and then used wildbolt every turn. He never got the 1000, which was SUPER LUCKY for me. Eventually I killed him. He came back with like 300 health. I killed him again with a colossal dark fairy. Really. This spell isn't even good enough to be called a spell and you complain? it makes pvp more "complicated." Is my opnion. I think it's actually a pretty cool spell seeing as now the one hit kill strategy no longer works. All you people who are complaining about guardian spirit:

1. Only do pvp (why would you complain about a spell on your side???)
2. Are scared it will be used against you
3. Think life SHOULDN'T get a GOOD spell for once to help them.

Backup: My dad does a lot of pvp all the time. He is one of those level 28 pvp people. He thinks life is the worst school for pvp (He has a point)

EVERYONE gets a decent heal spell in unicorn way. EVERYONE can train satyr.
EVERYONE can get a regeneration amulet and dryad treasure cards
Really. Is it so much for those life wizards to ask for ONE good spell? They're as weak as ice, so they aren't really a powerful enemy in pvp.

Honestly, Guardian spirit does NOTHING now. Thanks for ruining our MAIN GAME spell, people. Stop complaining, please.

Now, about ice.

Seriously. 100% resist. I've seen it. It's really NOT FAIR AT ALL.
Guardian spirit people CAN be killed and HURT eventually. Ice? They're IMMUNE!!! Seriously! If a fire/storm wizard doesnt put in converts they can't hurt the enemy AT ALL! Bosses are soo easy for ice wizards now. (Especially fire/storm ones.) That's just NOT FAIR. 0 damage?! What about a CRITICAL not blocked double bladed efreet with a feint? 0 damage! yay for ice. Ice doesnt even have to TRY to get to warlord. Seriously. KI, fix pvp! I'm a main death and life wizard, but even I recognize how UNFAIR this is. Ice wizards, dont even bother defending yourselves. This isn't fair. Go run along now.

Survivor
May 23, 2010
I might as well stop too, its pretty easy to level up and PVP isnt getting any harder, even if people want to be easy..

Survivor
Nov 16, 2010
This thread is out of control.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
i am on board with you 100% i am fire and only recently became a PvP player and have realized the difficulties especially people using that guardian angel spell. i stink at pvp but i am learning from my loses and people using treasure cards in pvp and also their pet healig cheats is annoying. But the MOST annoying is the critical an block thing. my critical and block ratings are relatively high but yet i never block anything and the extremely rare occasion i get a critical it gets blocked. i am sure nobody really even understands it properly anyway, they just know make it high. i have sacrificed other clothes that give good boosts for other things for critical but it just seems in vain. I Think we can all agree that PvP has some serious issues that KI needs to look at before losing any customers.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2010
For fire and storm, beating a warlord ice is like trying to beat a level 100 metapod after spamming harden(pokemon reference)..

It really gets annoying...

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
doudjy on May 15, 2012 wrote:
Dear KI,

It was hard for me to take this decision, well actually, it wasn't...KI, you, made it very easy. I've posted on these forums before, though not often, so let me say this. I only play wizard101 for pvp. Now that I'm on vacation, I spend about 6 to 8 hours a day playing wizard101. It's by far the most exciting game I have played. Of course like every game it has its flaws, and KI has a great staff making improvements, however, recent additions to the game have just made it un interesting for me to keep playing wizard101.

Like I said, I only pvp. EVERYTHING I do in the game is related to pvp, i.e in order for me to become a better pvp player. For instance, I became a grandmaster artisan just so i could craft better gear for pvp. I spent HOURS farming so I could hatch to get better pets, buy reagents to craft etc. So, if I think that pvp is broken, I will not be interested in it, and if I'm no longer interested in pvp, I'm not interested in the game at all. I am far from being the only customer with the same mindset. KI knows that a large number of his customers are pvp hardcores, and will stop playing if pvp if pvp no longer works.

With the addition of Avalon, a lot of new spells come out. And I can't help but asking this question to your staff KI, do you guys even play the game that you're selling? I really don't think you do, or if you do, I think you guys only quest, and don't pvp at all. Because, if you did there is NO reason you would NOT think that a spell like Guardian Spirit would become problematic. Guardian Spirit has made pvp un attractive, and I will stop paying to pvp until you come up with a solution for it.

For those of you who don't know, Guardian Spirit is a spell (like an aura) that revives a player with 25% of his/her health if the player dies. But that's not all, life can also CRITICAL the spell, and since critical double the amount of anything, that 25% just went up to a 50% health back, but WAIT, there IS more, life boost ALSO affects the spell. So, the average life wizard has around 3800 health (with the new updates). So, you can see how it feels to try to bring down an ALREADY healer wizard with a "Guardian Spirit". This spell HAS to be change. Life wizards now spam the spell in the arena. They add elucidate on it, so it only cost them 3 pips, and they can keep casting it over and over again.

Currently, my rank is 1362, most of which has been acquired through 1v1 matches. Over 800 matches play, so I don't think ANYONE can school me on how to pvp. So if people are to going to reply with: "oh bring dispels", or "infections", or "doom and gloom", don't bother. I also change my strategy from time to time. Actually, I don't even have a fixed strategy, it all depends on who I'm fighting (i.e the school, and style of the player). My deck is set up in a way that I can use 4 different strategies in the same match! If you are a life wizard, that's great! You benefit a lot from it, and can thank KI for giving you a spell without thinking about the consequences.

I'm not even going to touch the so-not-worth-it new crafting gear. They are just a tiny update from the level 66 crafting gear, and I have no intention of wasting good reagents on them. But let me touch on ice's new gear that allows them to get over 80% resist to fire and storm, while STILL maintaining their huge health.

KI, I seriously am begining to think that you have no consideration whatsoever for Fire and Storm students. Last time you gave ice the possibility of getting 70% + resist to those schools, a lot of people came out and voiced their opinions against it. Yet, with these new updates you're giving ice even MORE resist to the same schools. And that's not all with addition of the piercing blades, ice can now cut through storm and fire's already low resist. So an ice who cast a spell with blades icespear, elemental spear and tc infallible will do A LOT more damage than a fire or storm who does the same. Because the ice has a monsrous resist.
Oh, and thanks for the no-use-4-pips detonate spell. Same for the useless trap version of supercharge.

This is fine, I have no interests, nor do my friends, to keep pvping in conditions like these. I will stil log in and talk to my friends as I have many of them, but you have given us ZERO interests to keep paying for pvp. Perhaps you do not even care, I am sure the number of people who don't care about pvp outnumber those who do. So, you'll still have plenty of customers. My friends and I just will NOT be of them.

Sincerely,
about the detonate part it does have some use you most likely weren't using in correctly. you see you have to use it with a over time spell such as rain of fire then after doing one round of damage and you cast the spell you can finish up the rest of the damage all in that turn this is useful in pvp strategy because if such as me you were fighting a death wizard who cast a bone dragon on you and if you could either heal or detonate you would be better detonating if you know it will kill or healing if you know it wont and the trap version of supercharge (called backdraft)
is powerful as it can do up to 210% damage thats the equivalent of the feints thrown together but even using that with 2 power pips you get 60% throw that in with a monstrous 4-5 pip heck hound and the opponent is pretty much done for.

sincerely,
joseph strongshield
archmage pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
People stop complaining about ices resist!

i mean before our resist we had nothing but health how boooooring life wasnt that much behind us in health and they had pretty good damage boost and now one time ice gets something good you complain

all schools but ice used to get like 70 or more damage and thats pretty good but all schools have something you complain about etc life: spirit guardian ice: mega resist storm: epic damage and critical rating myth: often people complain about them spamming earthquake and after the battle call them earth noobs i: then balance: complaining about there mana burn fire: they have lots of dots even with my ice resist a fire made hound do 3000 each round and death people complain about them spamming bad juju i mean you not gonna get teamed up with a person with no resist and damage and critical us ice also want to complain about your stats and spells we all have advantages

jesse titanthief level 89 ice
jesse darkthief level 61 death

Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
PvP King on May 18, 2012 wrote:
Sorry but from your post you have no idea what this thread about.

Actually, I do know very well what this post is about. It's about why doudjy is stopping pvp and possibly wizard101, as well as doudjy's friends, due to what kingsisle has brought in to the game.

Ice is never a weak school, it has always been on top of the pvp schools (ice and myth). Ice has best boosts in game and the most available variety of blades. Do the math before saying ice is weak, and snow angel with colossal on it is equal to rain of fire normal card. Get your facts right.

You're telling me to get my facts right? How would Snow Angel ever be as powerful as Rain of Fire? Rain of Fire can also be enchanted you know, so your point there has proved nothing.

Ice and Myth aren't the top pvp schools Here's how the ranking goes:
Fire
Myth
Life
Ice
Storm
Death
Balance

Ice is currently in fourth place. And Ice does NOT have the most availability to blades! That information is way off. I'll list you all of the blades each school has that they can get for free:
Storm:
Supercharge
Stormblade

Fire:
Fireblade

Ice: Iceblade

Death:
Deathblade
Dark Pact

Life:
Lifeblade
Guiding Light
Blessing Light

Myth:
Mythblade

Balance:
Balanceblade
Bladestorm
Elemental Blade
Spiritual Blade

Yes, Ice has the biggest boosting blades (Tied with Life), but the damage boost for all of the other schools makes their blades more effective (Damage works like this:
100+65% [From damage boost]=165+25% [From a Balanceblade]=206+20% [From Bladestorm]=247. Now, those were with the weakest blades possible in the game (Other then the X pip blades used at 1-2 pips).

Now let's see how well Ice does:
100+46% [Damage boost, I may be over exaggerating it...]=146+40%=204. That's all Ice has, and even with JUST the Balanceblade, it's still weaker then what Balance would have done. Therefore, I do know what I'm talking about, and I do have my facts right. You should redo the math...
Yeah you really aren't getting what the poster is trying to say.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Not only life wizards have the spell Guardian Spirit, I was in pvp the other day when a level thirty ice had one, his wand gave him the card. Really? Giving the card to everyone with that wand? I was around level fifty at that time, but the guy was a captain or something already! Wow, I wonder why he became a Captain so fast.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
I agree with you 100%. PVP has downgraded over the years and it really isn't much of anything anymore. You have to put into consideration though that PVP isn't the only game mode. The storyline is what makes this game as amazing as it is. The only way KI can advance the game is by adding more worlds, the newer worlds being more difficult than previous. In order for one to beat a world, they need an enhancement in spells. The main intension for these "overpowered" spells is for worlds like avalon, azteca, and the more to come! Bosses coming to over 20,000 health, you can't rely on level 30 spells to beat them.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
Honestly i wish to know how many of the player community actually plays or like to pvp since people stated that people only actually play for the story i honestly hate morganthe and her arc cause it makes no sense we know nothing about her.I honestly thought about quitting too a few times before because all they care about is the story and its ruing the game for everyone else.I only really play to pvp now ever since the story mode got all unenjoyable since every5thing spamms and starts with 14 pips making me feel like a stupid wizard since i can't do the same.I wish ki would make a poll on how many players play just for pvp and how many play just for the story cause i'm tired of hearing that pvp is only a part of the game cause honestly its not its the entire game. People only quest to get better level/gear etc. for pvp.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
doudjy
Currently, my rank is 1362, most of which has been acquired through 1v1 matches. Over 800 matches play, so I don't think ANYONE can school me on how to pvp. So if people are to going to reply with: "oh bring dispels", or "infections", or "doom and gloom", don't bother. I also change my strategy from time to time. Actually, I don't even have a fixed strategy, it all depends on who I'm fighting (i.e the school, and style of the player). My deck is set up in a way that I can use 4 different strategies in the same match! If you are a life wizard, that's great! You benefit a lot from it, and can thank KI for giving you a spell without thinking about the consequences.

Yeah, well let me school you. Use treasure cards, use doom, use infect, bring dispels! Dude you are ignoring everything that can help you win. I doubt your rank is that high if you say this about these spells. Dude, it is obvious you are one of those kids who have like a 300 rank and can't win so you complain. Like you made it so obvious. So yeah, it is apparent you have a lot to learn about PvP. Your arrogant attitude makes you see past this. Man, everyone has things they can be learning! People who deny this are the ones you don't win a whole lot. I'm sorry, but its the truth. The truth can be hard sometimes. Except it. If you're going to quit go right ahead, give up, but if your not, be open to learn. That's the only way you get better! Well I guess I'm done here. Hope I made you realize something.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
e1996 on Aug 26, 2012 wrote:
Been playing this game since fall of 09 and I got to say it used to be really fun. But after level 60 it went down hill. I didn't mind addition of level 60 that much.
Agreed.... this game doesn't have the same charm it used to have when I played it around the DS days, or even the CL days. Many people call it the 'Golden Days'. PvP wasn't so out if control, questing didn't get as boring/repetitive, and there were a lot more people playing the game, and they all left for the reasons I stated... not to bash on the current w101, it's not the same though.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
KorekuEternal on Feb 11, 2013 wrote:
Agreed.... this game doesn't have the same charm it used to have when I played it around the DS days, or even the CL days. Many people call it the 'Golden Days'. PvP wasn't so out if control, questing didn't get as boring/repetitive, and there were a lot more people playing the game, and they all left for the reasons I stated... not to bash on the current w101, it's not the same though.
I agree. This game really isn't the same from when i joined back in April of 2010. Things have really changed, and not all for better.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
doudjy on May 15, 2012 wrote:
Dear KI,

It was hard for me to take this decision, well actually, it wasn't...KI, you, made it very easy. I've posted on these forums before, though not often, so let me say this. I only play wizard101 for pvp. Now that I'm on vacation, I spend about 6 to 8 hours a day playing wizard101. It's by far the most exciting game I have played. Of course like every game it has its flaws, and KI has a great staff making improvements, however, recent additions to the game have just made it un interesting for me to keep playing wizard101.

Like I said, I only pvp. EVERYTHING I do in the game is related to pvp, i.e in order for me to become a better pvp player. For instance, I became a grandmaster artisan just so i could craft better gear for pvp. I spent HOURS farming so I could hatch to get better pets, buy reagents to craft etc. So, if I think that pvp is broken, I will not be interested in it, and if I'm no longer interested in pvp, I'm not interested in the game at all. I am far from being the only customer with the same mindset. KI knows that a large number of his customers are pvp hardcores, and will stop playing if pvp if pvp no longer works.

With the addition of Avalon, a lot of new spells come out. And I can't help but asking this question to your staff KI, do you guys even play the game that you're selling? I really don't think you do, or if you do, I think you guys only quest, and don't pvp at all. Because, if you did there is NO reason you would NOT think that a spell like Guardian Spirit would become problematic. Guardian Spirit has made pvp un attractive, and I will stop paying to pvp until you come up with a solution for it.

For those of you who don't know, Guardian Spirit is a spell (like an aura) that revives a player with 25% of his/her health if the player dies. But that's not all, life can also CRITICAL the spell, and since critical double the amount of anything, that 25% just went up to a 50% health back, but WAIT, there IS more, life boost ALSO affects the spell. So, the average life wizard has around 3800 health (with the new updates). So, you can see how it feels to try to bring down an ALREADY healer wizard with a "Guardian Spirit". This spell HAS to be change. Life wizards now spam the spell in the arena. They add elucidate on it, so it only cost them 3 pips, and they can keep casting it over and over again.

I'm not even going to touch the so-not-worth-it new crafting gear. They are just a tiny update from the level 66 crafting gear, and I have no intention of wasting good reagents on them. But let me touch on ice's new gear that allows them to get over 80% resist to fire and storm, while STILL maintaining their huge health.

KI, I seriously am begining to think that you have no consideration whatsoever for Fire and Storm students. Last time you gave ice the possibility of getting 70% + resist to those schools, a lot of people came out and voiced their opinions against it. Yet, with these new updates you're giving ice even MORE resist to the same schools. And that's not all with addition of the piercing blades, ice can now cut through storm and fire's already low resist. So an ice who cast a spell with blades icespear, elemental spear and tc infallible will do A LOT more damage than a fire or storm who does the same. Because the ice has a monsrous resist.
Oh, and thanks for the no-use-4-pips detonate spell. Same for the useless trap version of supercharge.

This is fine, I have no interests, nor do my friends, to keep pvping in conditions like these. I will stil log in and talk to my friends as I have many of them, but you have given us ZERO interests to keep paying for pvp. Perhaps you do not even care, I am sure the number of people who don't care about pvp outnumber those who do. So, you'll still have plenty of customers. My friends and I just will NOT be of them.

Sincerely,
Ok so i agree with some of the stuff you say. BUT srsly if pvp is the reason you play this game stop complaining and learn to ADAPT modify your strategy. If you complain about the pvp system then you dont know how to get around stuff.

Wolf Nightcaller balance 90 commander

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
PvP is not for everyone. You definately need patience to become a high rank .

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
Actually I was in a double ice team 2v2 earlier today, and there was a life and an ice on the other team. The life used guardian spirit on both teammates, even getting a criticaled one on the ice. My team still won. If you have enough skill, you can work around it.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
PvP King on May 18, 2012 wrote:
Sorry but from your post you have no idea what this thread about.

Actually, I do know very well what this post is about. It's about why doudjy is stopping pvp and possibly wizard101, as well as doudjy's friends, due to what kingsisle has brought in to the game.

Ice is never a weak school, it has always been on top of the pvp schools (ice and myth). Ice has best boosts in game and the most available variety of blades. Do the math before saying ice is weak, and snow angel with colossal on it is equal to rain of fire normal card. Get your facts right.

You're telling me to get my facts right? How would Snow Angel ever be as powerful as Rain of Fire? Rain of Fire can also be enchanted you know, so your point there has proved nothing.

Ice and Myth aren't the top pvp schools Here's how the ranking goes:
Fire
Myth
Life
Ice
Storm
Death
Balance

Ice is currently in fourth place. And Ice does NOT have the most availability to blades! That information is way off. I'll list you all of the blades each school has that they can get for free:
Storm:
Supercharge
Stormblade

Fire:
Fireblade

Ice: Iceblade

Death:
Deathblade
Dark Pact

Life:
Lifeblade
Guiding Light
Blessing Light

Myth:
Mythblade

Balance:
Balanceblade
Bladestorm
Elemental Blade
Spiritual Blade

Yes, Ice has the biggest boosting blades (Tied with Life), but the damage boost for all of the other schools makes their blades more effective (Damage works like this:
100+65% [From damage boost]=165+25% [From a Balanceblade]=206+20% [From Bladestorm]=247. Now, those were with the weakest blades possible in the game (Other then the X pip blades used at 1-2 pips).

Now let's see how well Ice does:
100+46% [Damage boost, I may be over exaggerating it...]=146+40%=204. That's all Ice has, and even with JUST the Balanceblade, it's still weaker then what Balance would have done. Therefore, I do know what I'm talking about, and I do have my facts right. You should redo the math...
Ice is tied with life and death.These have 40% boost.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Guardian spirit is really an issue? You asked us not to say "use doom and gloom, infection", but why? Thats the best way to counter a life wizard's strategy! Yesterday i encountered a promethean life. I placed a regular feint and a TC feint on him then used doom and gloom TC. Shatter then judgement. When spirit brought him back from the grave he gained only 175 life. A colossal scorpion won me the match.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2012
I disagree with this topic... kind of... The ice universal resist is FINE, having more resist for fire and storm is FINE, but immunity to fire and storm? Heck no! KI either needs to lower the resistance for fire and storm on an ice wiz to maybe 85%, or add more armour piercing to gear. I think it's crazy how the highest armour piercing I've ever got from my gear is about 5%, and I'm transcendent. KI really needs to boost armour piercing from gear, or remove it completely. What's the point in spending crowns, gold, or hours of farming for 5% armour piercing? Armour piercing is good, we just need more of it. And now about the guardian spirit. As a Necromancer, I couldn't care less about this spell. I'll doom and gloom like I always do, put an infection on them, charge up and hit with dr Von's monster (which adds a -25% heal on them, I think it should be WAY higher, but that's another topic completely), and they're going to be revived with about 5% of their maximum health, and then I just use a wand spell to finish the fight, no big deal. Even on my other school wizards, I can get past it, it's a LOT harder not being a Necromancer, but completely possible. But what really should be changed it the boosts it gets. It should NOT be boosted if you have a healing boost, a healing blade, or if you critical. CONCLUSION: These spells are not difficult to bypass, they just take a LONG time. Once I was facing a life/ice wizard who completely spammed guardian angel and spells like tower shield and frozen armour. I DESTROYED him, but it took a LONG, no, a VERY LONG time (about 3 hours I believe) All schools have these unfair things about them. Storm has high damage and supercharge, Fire with backdraft and damage over time, Ice with resist and health, myth with spells like earthquake, life with health and heal spells like this, balance with their blades and dispels, and death with their evil heal blocks, drain spells, and setup stuff like feint. It all takes one thing, STRATEGY