Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Guardian Spirit should NOT be changed!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
So by now almost every school has an "overpowered" spell (judgement, heckhound, snow angel, etc). Life is getting its spell now that is "overpowered". Besides that, it's extremely difficult for a life wizard to defeat others. Gnomes cost to many pips. People will shield. You will have to earthquake, and this combo takes all 7 POWER pips to do, which is a pretty big risk sacrificing all our pips to do. Life needs a spell of some sort like this one to fall back on. I do not think criticals and gear boosts should be locked out unless you lock out criticals, gear boosts, heal buffs, and debuffs from the other heals to. Plus, with the life mastery amulet and rebirth treasure cards and all, Guardian Spirit is the only spell that makes life the life school and separates it from the other schools. Get this, unicorn treasure cards are now being sold for infinite buy in the avalon treasure card shop! There are ways around the spell to. in fact, the other day I seen a myth wizard on here telling about how he overcame it and won the match against a great player. Bottom line is, the spell is fine just the way it is. There's nothing to complain about. If it gives you problems, formulate a new strategy.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
This is exactly what I have been saying all along Braveline, it's about time someone else gets it.

People are very stubborn and don't want to think of a possible strategy to defeat anything. They would rather complain on the message boards stating its too overpowered, it's unfair.

While every school has something that is unfair, or too overpowered. Some say Gnomes is life's overpowered spell, because it has 2 life dispels, yet, some schools dont require life spells to heal. That and the fact that they can shield and shield and shield, life has no DoT attack, life has no 4 pip AoE. While almost every other school does. So, life finally gets a good spell and because it makes life harder to kill, which life should be difficult, seeing as they are life, people complain.

People even post that their match has lasted over 4 hours, yet want to complain. Life obviously did not kill them either, so something has to be severely overpowered on their school. Hmmm, to think, it's no longer come down to strategy, but who has the best complaint?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I agree. The spell is fine the way it is. The problem isn't specific spells,the problem is how pvp is set-up. Do a complete overhaul of pvp to solve the many issues that plague its current incarnation. Simply "nerfing" another spell will not solve anything.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
bravevline wrote:
So by now almost every school has an "overpowered" spell (judgement, heckhound, snow angel, etc). Life is getting its spell now that is "overpowered". Besides that, it's extremely difficult for a life wizard to defeat others. Gnomes cost to many pips. People will shield. You will have to earthquake, and this combo takes all 7 POWER pips to do, which is a pretty big risk sacrificing all our pips to do. Life needs a spell of some sort like this one to fall back on. I do not think criticals and gear boosts should be locked out unless you lock out criticals, gear boosts, heal buffs, and debuffs from the other heals to. Plus, with the life mastery amulet and rebirth treasure cards and all, Guardian Spirit is the only spell that makes life the life school and separates it from the other schools. Get this, unicorn treasure cards are now being sold for infinite buy in the avalon treasure card shop! There are ways around the spell to. in fact, the other day I seen a myth wizard on here telling about how he overcame it and won the match against a great player. Bottom line is, the spell is fine just the way it is. There's nothing to complain about. If it gives you problems, formulate a new strategy.

I for one support guardian spirit and think it should be kept as it is but it's no longer on hte path of simply overpowered, it's literally transcended. Using this spell transcends anything we've delt with before, hope the creatures dont get this spell.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
bravevline wrote:

braveline,

Gnomes cost too many pips, but then you say Judgement, Heckhound, etc which use all of your pips, doesn't manke much sense. Next you say a combo takes all your pips, well just about every combo takes all your pips.
Then you say that a Life cannot beat other wizards, wow, and to think of the number of Life Wizards that I have seen as Warlords in 1v1. In case you didn't know, Gnomes is an overpowered spell, a great spell for any good PvP'er.
I have been taken out with this spell several times, and I don't consider myself a bad player.
Centaur is another great spell for life, and with the Feint and shatter, can do great damage. Life has the same problem as Balance and Strom, it has problems with Shields. On the other hand, Life has the second best HP in the game, and can outheal anyone in the game.
Then you go on to state that one Myth Wizard defeated a Life, and that is what you are basing that Life needs the spell for.
I hear Darthjt calling this spell as Life's one great overpowered spell.

Heals that range from 2000 to 4000 for 5 pips, that is insane.
Tell me what spell can do that kind of damage, even half that damage?
You have defeated a Wizard, that now comes back to life, that is just sad.
It should have been designed to bring them back to give them a chance, not a giant advantage in HP.

No other school has an overpowered spell, not one in the game, but this spell is. It defeats the whole concept of Battle Areana, it ruins it for all other Wizards. This spell, the way it is, ruins the game, it entends the battles beyond reason, and is just a bad idea.

Joe.

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
Actually I think that if anything, Guardian Spirit should have a maximum usage for each battle, because with Reshuffle a Life wizard could basically live forever. I also think that the criticals shouldn't be able to happen on Guardian Spirit, and Judgement, Heckhound, Snow Angel, etc. aren't overpowered much as they don't revive the player when cast, and can't constantly revive the player. People can shield from all those spells reducing them to insignificant amounts of damage, but nobody can reduce Guardian Spirit's health revival.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
Yeah, but you left out something..... explaining it in matches other than 1v1.
Life, alone, deserves such a good spell, but when in a team, its way too overpowered. Usually, (thinking in PvP strategies) everyone shields the life. That life then, can cast Guardian Spirit to everyone over time, and probably will critical. Now, the team finally breaks through, and defeats the life's team, but guess what? Guardian Spirit kicks in! Reviving them all just to shield and heal once again. By then, the opposing team's pips have been gone, basically, restarting the match. It's very annoying to have extremely long matches. This is thought in a bit of exaggeration, but still pretty true in example.

Guardian Spirit should be changed, such as:
Boosts are taken off of it
OR
Leave the boosts, make it more pips, with a chance of fizzle
OR
Make it count as a blade, able to be broken, or stolen.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
I totally agree with Lion359. The spell SHOULD be changed, and I find hilarious that the person who posted this thread justify the spell by saying that a myth beat a life. Oh wow, now a Myth beat a life, and the spell is ok? Even when storm was causing trouble with the old wild bolt they were STILL losing at the arena, that didn't mean the spell didn't need a change.

What's unfair about this spell is that it can be critical, boost, and used over and over again. There is NO way you're going to dispel a life every single turn to prevent him from casting the spell. Even if you were to max out the number of dispel you carry. And once they cast it, they can concentrate on how to kill you, while you on the other hand have to figure on how to kill them TWICE! This is just ridiculous. KI obviously did not think about this before making the spell, and if they did, I don't know how they did preview this problem. Gnome was great spell! And too all of you who say it takes a lot of pips, so what? Efreet also takes a lot of pips, as well as a good hound. Even though Gnome was slightly overpowered, I could deal with it. But, guardian spirit is just too much. I am GREAT pvp player. And I specifically specialize in 1v1, so don't give me the "come up with a new strategy" line. The strategy here is for KI to fix the spell.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Here is what I think should be done. My idea is that for PvP players could customize matches and basically choose certain spells to not allow in their match or not allow any healing spells. So this way a player could player a match without having to worry about Guardian spirit. But lots of players like Guardian spirit sof instead of removing it totally, basically individuality players could just chose when the did not want it used a match. Though in my idea it would be done as when creating a match and not in the middle.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
bravevline wrote:

braveline,

Gnomes cost too many pips, but then you say Judgement, Heckhound, etc which use all of your pips, doesn't manke much sense. Next you say a combo takes all your pips, well just about every combo takes all your pips.
Then you say that a Life cannot beat other wizards, wow, and to think of the number of Life Wizards that I have seen as Warlords in 1v1. In case you didn't know, Gnomes is an overpowered spell, a great spell for any good PvP'er.
I have been taken out with this spell several times, and I don't consider myself a bad player.
Centaur is another great spell for life, and with the Feint and shatter, can do great damage. Life has the same problem as Balance and Strom, it has problems with Shields. On the other hand, Life has the second best HP in the game, and can outheal anyone in the game.
Then you go on to state that one Myth Wizard defeated a Life, and that is what you are basing that Life needs the spell for.

It should have been designed to bring them back to give them a chance, not a giant advantage in HP.

No other school has an overpowered spell, not one in the game, but this spell is. It defeats the whole concept of Battle Areana, it ruins it for all other Wizards. This spell, the way it is, ruins the game, it entends the battles beyond reason, and is just a bad idea.

Joe.

Availing Hands and Healing current can both heal from 4000 to 5000 health with a critical and cost less pips. Satyr also heals this much. WildBolt and Insane bolt can do over 4000 damage for 2 pips. Granted, complainers took out these spells from PvP as treasure cards, so only higher level storm wizards can use them.

Hopefully, since complainers always whine and complain, rather than use a strategy. Since people insist that there is no way to reduce the healing on this spell, things such as Doom & Gloom. People say that life dispels do not work, before the spell is cast, not after. People are even going so far as to think this spell will revive the entire team. So, since all the complainers don't know the actual truth of this spell, maybe they will just make the spell no PvP. Make Judgment no PvP, make HeckHound no PvP, make Basilisk and Efreet no PvP, Make Leviathan and Sirens no PvP. Make all spells above the rank of 3 no PvP for that matter. Since, in some way, all spells can be considered overpowered to one person or another.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
zelda3456147 wrote:
Actually I think that if anything, Guardian Spirit should have a maximum usage for each battle, because with Reshuffle a Life wizard could basically live forever. I also think that the criticals shouldn't be able to happen on Guardian Spirit, and Judgement, Heckhound, Snow Angel, etc. aren't overpowered much as they don't revive the player when cast, and can't constantly revive the player. People can shield from all those spells reducing them to insignificant amounts of damage, but nobody can reduce Guardian Spirit's health revival.
You can by putting up doom & gloom

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:
I agree. The spell is fine the way it is. The problem isn't specific spells,the problem is how pvp is set-up. Do a complete overhaul of pvp to solve the many issues that plague its current incarnation. Simply "nerfing" another spell will not solve anything.

Wow, it was ok to nerf my Storm, but it's not ok to nerf my Life.
Wild bolt was fine, until KI released the Accuracy increase spells.
Then Wild bolters could rise up to Warlords so fast, it wasn't even funny.
Now the same thing is true with Guardian Spirit, as it can be used on the Life to come back to 2000 or if Critical 4000 health. What is even worst, is that the Life can put this on anyone. Now anyone that has high critical can be brought back to close to 4000 health, like fire, etc.
This spell has problems that need to be fixed, just like Wild bolt.

Anyone knows that the entire system will not be fixed, as the complaints have been going on for years.
If so, they would have had the first player select his/her spell and the second player do the same. Both spells would execute, and the Pointer would rotate. Now the Second player gets to select his/her spell while the other player selects, and the spells execute. This way one player would go first then the other would go first. Same time frame, easy fix, but even soemthing this simple was never put into play. That tells me that this Spell needs to be fixed.

Joe.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
You can put up you comments, but let me tell you,
a lot of people will quit PvP over this. A lot of people will leave
the game. I see this as a massive game changer, or maybe even a game
destroyer.
So make sure to get your Life into PvP so you can bring
him up to overlord as fast as possible.
Defend the spell as much as possible, but you may find it hard to
even get a match. Based on what I have seen and battles I have been in,
Life is winning over 85% of them.

To drive the point home....
When a Baseball team doesn't show up, and you win by default, that
win means nothing. Yes it goes on the record, but it was not a win.
When something is given to you, for doing nothing, it has no merit.

When the Title Warlord is given to Puppet teams, it means nothing.
When the Title is given to a life that uses this spell, it mean nothing.
So show off your Warlord title, it mean nothing now.
I will hide mine, as they have no meaning anymore.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
From what I hear when guardian spirit is cast that is where the healing is calculated.

So for instance life cast G.S. and then u throw out a doom and gloom and kill the life. That life will be revived by G.S. and the heal amount won't be affected. The next G.S. will be the one affected by doom and gloom.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2012
I think that this spell is overpowered, but it should definitely not be removed.
All that I think that you would need to do to make it fair is just make it so that you cannot boost it, or like someone else said, turn it into an aura maybe, or possibly a blade. You could use the Guardian Spirit on yourself at the last minute as an Aura, so that way the spell would only last 4 turns. But you should still keep this spell private to only life wizards. ( I said that because everyone can train Star Spells, so this one should still be private to Life.)

Cheryl

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
Guardian Spirit is not overpowered. You can just cast Doom and Gloom before killing the life or spam infection. Every school has a spell that's overpowered, but life. Life deserves a good spell for once. If they remove Guardian Spirit, they should remove other "overpowered" spells or give life a damage overtime spell.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Make it not be able to boost and take away the critical, leave it unchanged by any outside force so that it will also give back 25% of their life.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
If KI decides to drop this to 15%, my life will still have a huge advantage.
My life now has two crafted rings, 30%, 20% and 21%.
Plus my other boost, am I going to complain, no, why would anyone?

15% of 4000 and then I get to double that, and after I'm defeated.
As soon as I'm defeated, anything that is on me, traps, feints, infection, dispels are all lost.

Please anyone tell me why I should complain on this?

Joe.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:

As soon as I'm defeated, anything that is on me, traps, feints, infection, dispels are all lost.

Joe.

Gee Joe, does life have a 4 pip attack all? Does life have a DoT? Does life have a boosting enviornmental? Is life at the top of the PvP Leader Boards?

The correct answer Joe is no to all of the above. The pet that gives a boosting enviornmental is a 1 shot card and a death pet to boot, so, does not count. The point is, most complaints are from Fire & Balance? Fire, who has been and still is Top of the Leader Boards in PvP. Balance, who has no school shield? Yeah, these schools really have so much to complain about.

Sorry, but changing this spell from 25% to 15% is not gonna make a huge difference in PvP. If you can't inflict enough damage to finish life at a heal of 25%, what makes you think you are good enough to at 15%?

No, the real problem is, as it has always been. People are just too complacent to adjust and rather than try and get a real strategy, they complain and cry about it. Joe, this spell is not a game changer, nor is it a game breaker. It's a spell.

Now, when Fire starts getting hit with the major nerf bat, instead of constantly being boosted, then changing this spell would be acceptable, but as it stands, KI keeps listening to people that want the easy road.

Fire is on top of the PvP LeaderBoards, both in 1v1 PvP and group PvP, yet, they are boosted, while Life, who was at the low end, now gets nerfed?

Did you Joe, not state, that PvP proves if the schools are balanced? Does that not prove that Fire and Myth both need to be Nerfed before life is?

How can you possibly justify your statements?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
bravevline wrote:

this saddens me to i propose a new way we can fix it for the complainers who want to have spells weakened
maybe spirit shouldnt gain healing boosts from gear and such
but it can critical
that way if they keep it at 25% then it will only heal half there life when they critical
not bad huh?

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
bravevline wrote:

braveline,

Joe.
i can easily do 2000 damage with one trap with efreet. oh and give me a blade trap and something else and there dead so really you under estimate you own power witch is sad and btw i suspect your just jealous of this spell and you want it crippled so that you can have an easier time killing life and rank yourslef up becuase THATS ALL YOU CARE ABOUT is winning and complaining if you had a little boo boo hard time and you got a few scrachtes. oh and not to metnion how it helps life wizards in pve but you dont vare about a million life wizards witch the majority dont even play pvp so really you saying this spell ruins the game just proves you cant handle pvp very well

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
You can put up you comments, but let me tell you,
a lot of people will quit PvP over this. A lot of people will leave
the game. I see this as a massive game changer, or maybe even a game
destroyer.
So make sure to get your Life into PvP so you can bring
him up to overlord as fast as possible.
Defend the spell as much as possible, but you may find it hard to
even get a match. Based on what I have seen and battles I have been in,
Life is winning over 85% of them.

To drive the point home....
When a Baseball team doesn't show up, and you win by default, that
win means nothing. Yes it goes on the record, but it was not a win.
When something is given to you, for doing nothing, it has no merit.

When the Title Warlord is given to Puppet teams, it means nothing.
When the Title is given to a life that uses this spell, it mean nothing.
So show off your Warlord title, it mean nothing now.
I will hide mine, as they have no meaning anymore.

i dont know about everything else but to say it will get hard to find a pvp match? dude have you seen how many players are in pvp in a full realm? well let me awnser you about 250 to 500 and i have to wait about half an hour just to get a match plus the majority is in pve not pvp so nerfing the spell just so you can be happy in pvp means you dont care about anyone but yourself

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
doudjy wrote:
I totally agree with Lion359. The spell SHOULD be changed, and I find hilarious that the person who posted this thread justify the spell by saying that a myth beat a life. Oh wow, now a Myth beat a life, and the spell is ok? Even when storm was causing trouble with the old wild bolt they were STILL losing at the arena, that didn't mean the spell didn't need a change.

What's unfair about this spell is that it can be critical, boost, and used over and over again. There is NO way you're going to dispel a life every single turn to prevent him from casting the spell. Even if you were to max out the number of dispel you carry. And once they cast it, they can concentrate on how to kill you, while you on the other hand have to figure on how to kill them TWICE! This is just ridiculous. KI obviously did not think about this before making the spell, and if they did, I don't know how they did preview this problem. Gnome was great spell! And too all of you who say it takes a lot of pips, so what? Efreet also takes a lot of pips, as well as a good hound. Even though Gnome was slightly overpowered, I could deal with it. But, guardian spirit is just too much. I am GREAT pvp player. And I specifically specialize in 1v1, so don't give me the "come up with a new strategy" line. The strategy here is for KI to fix the spell.

I don't know where you've been doing your PVP but the last time ,y Life wizard was in a PVP match over 20 dispels were thrown on her. Don't tell me you can't dispel a Life wizard! Liz Dreamcatcher

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Lion359 wrote:

Joe.

Gee Joe, does life have a 4 pip attack all? Does life have a DoT? Does life have a boosting enviornmental? Is life at the top of the PvP Leader Boards?

The correct answer Joe is no to all of the above. The pet that gives a boosting enviornmental is a 1 shot card and a death pet to boot, so, does not count. The point is, most complaints are from Fire & Balance? Fire, who has been and still is Top of the Leader Boards in PvP. Balance, who has no school shield? Yeah, these schools really have so much to complain about.

Sorry, but changing this spell from 25% to 15% is not gonna make a huge difference in PvP. If you can't inflict enough damage to finish life at a heal of 25%, what makes you think you are good enough to at 15%?

No, the real problem is, as it has always been. People are just too complacent to adjust and rather than try and get a real strategy, they complain and cry about it. Joe, this spell is not a game changer, nor is it a game breaker. It's a spell.

Now, when Fire starts getting hit with the major nerf bat, instead of constantly being boosted, then changing this spell would be acceptable, but as it stands, KI keeps listening to people that want the easy road.

Fire is on top of the PvP LeaderBoards, both in 1v1 PvP and group PvP, yet, they are boosted, while Life, who was at the low end, now gets nerfed?

Did you Joe, not state, that PvP proves if the schools are balanced? Does that not prove that Fire and Myth both need to be Nerfed before life is?

Darthjt,

You make the assumption that everyone is just like you, not so.
You must also make the assumption that everyone can attain High Honor Roll in School, not so.
You must also make the assumption that everyone can get a 200K a year job with or without a college education, not so.

Calling people lazy because Wild bolt became to much for most players, and they couldn't handle it, is wrong.
Calling people lazy because Guardian Spirit was way to much for most players, again is wrong.
This game is for the average play, not just the top 1% of the extreme players. Calling 90% of the players that play the game lazy, is again, just wrong.

Joe

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Lion359 wrote:

Joe.

Darthjt,

You make the assumption that everyone is just like you, not so.
You must also make the assumption that everyone can attain High Honor Roll in School, not so.
You must also make the assumption that everyone can get a 200K a year job with or without a college education, not so.

Calling people lazy because Wild bolt became to much for most players, and they couldn't handle it, is wrong.
Calling people lazy because Guardian Spirit was way to much for most players, again is wrong.
This game is for the average play, not just the top 1% of the extreme players. Calling 90% of the players that play the game lazy, is again, just wrong.

Joe

So agressive towards him... geez. Darthjt makes a good point. You're making assumptions about Darthjt, Joe.

People can never be happy with what they get. They always have to complain about it .