Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New player pet questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
First of all, all of my characters are only lvl 10-11 range so this is for VERY new player that just activated membership today. I've read a ton of posts and everything seems to point towards lv 48 and up but nothing for new players.

1) Is it worthwhile breeding anything before the lv 48?

2) Are there any low level hybrids using pet pavillion pets (dragon, imp, unicorn, etc)?

3) Is it even worth training these low level pets? +1 dmg or def seems kinda pathetic.

4) Are there any pets I should be trying to get off of a certain boss/mob before lvl 48?

Thank you in advance for any helpful replies.
Jesy

Armiger
May 10, 2010
jesyka wrote:
First of all, all of my characters are only lvl 10-11 range so this is for VERY new player that just activated membership today. I've read a ton of posts and everything seems to point towards lv 48 and up but nothing for new players.

1) Is it worthwhile breeding anything before the lv 48?

2) Are there any low level hybrids using pet pavillion pets (dragon, imp, unicorn, etc)?

3) Is it even worth training these low level pets? +1 dmg or def seems kinda pathetic.

4) Are there any pets I should be trying to get off of a certain boss/mob before lvl 48?

Thank you in advance for any helpful replies.
Jesy

You can get crown pets, gift card pets, and pets in the packs that are worth training. Best advice, any pet with a pedigree of 54 or above is not entirely worthless.

Hybrids are not as good as what people make them out to be. Some just collect pets, which is why people like hybrids, but serious players don't mix school talents unless they have to. Who wants a pet with fire giver, storm shot, life proof, and death blade?

The more you train pets, the more boost you get. When you reach the maximum of your stats, that is going to be the most your pet will get in that area. Example, any damage boost is modified by, Strength, Will, and Power. Once your have the maximum in all 3 of these areas, that will be the most you can get. So, usually 6, but 5 if the maximum is low or below 200.

As far as what pets to try for before level 48, depends on what school you are, what you want your pet to do or have.