Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's wrong with the Message Boards?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, the message boards are seriously acting crazy.

You have less than 5 minutes, if that to post, or you are signed out now, so you have to write your entire message, highlight it, copy it, then sign back in, paste it, and then send it in? You used to get an error message, then when you signed back in, it would still post your message, but this is no longer the case.

Also, the post counter is no longer active? You can't see how many people have viewed your posts? Why has this issue not been addressed and fixed by now?

KI, Please fix the message boards.

Administrator
I've contacted our web team to find out if the 'time out' duration has changed.

Thanks.

community@wizard101.com
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
I've contacted our web team to find out if the 'time out' duration has changed.

Thanks.

You are very welcome Professor. Any idea when the message views counter will be working again?

Administrator
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Yeah, that bug is getting kind of old isn't it?

Some posts I've seen sometimes go into negative answers...

Administrator
Ha! Yes that one seems to be a rather sneaky little bug indeed...

Don't worry we're working on upgrading this entire message board system to a much better interface with greatly improved search, notifications and other features. Expect that update to come later this summer!

community@wizard101.com
Administrator
Armiger
May 10, 2010
The message boards are acting up again Professor Greyrose, constantly logging me out and asking me to sign back in!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Just ran into this problem for the first time. Tried to post to another thread and was logged out before I could get the reply posted.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
darthjt wrote:
The message boards are acting up again Professor Greyrose, constantly logging me out and asking me to sign back in!

Same thing happening here. I reported it to support.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
darthjt wrote:

Happens to me like I dunno, every time I visit the Message Boards now.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
wizardgirl1840 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Happens to me like I dunno, every time I visit the Message Boards.

I don't remember getting this before today, but now it has happened quite a few times. I log in, then select a section (like Test Realm or Ravenwood), and it logs me out.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
This has happened to me as well- I apologize for any duplicate posts this may have caused.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
It is actually worse than before. Before was a time out issue, now you can be logged out simply by clicking a link (like moving between threads, or hitting submit on a post). I've personally been logged out immediately after logging in.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Not only that, but when i am trying to make a purchase, it logs me out there too!

Defender
May 30, 2010
i had to try posting somthing 4 times it logged me out that many times while i was posting

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have logged into the message boards several time already this morning to try to reply to a topic.

Since I am not seeing the notice in red at the top of the page, I assumed it has been fixed. Apparently not.

PLEASE KI fix this.

Administrator
We did address this over the long weekend. If you are still experiencing logouts on the message boards or elsewhere while navigating the site, please let us know the following information

account name *but NEVER the password
last page you were on when you were logged in
page you went to when you were logged out
approximate time and timezone that this occurred.

You may need to refresh your cache on your browser, too. Ctrl F5 will force the page to reload from scratch, and not from a saved version on your computer.

Thanks!

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I was able to post everywhere yesterday. Today, immediately logged out when trying to comment.
This is getting real old.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Geez... and now I'm getting logged out /errors when trying to contact Support on your site. We are not amused.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
How does this not happen to me? I just made a WHOLE new thread that took me, I don't know a half an hour to type? Weird!