Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Archmage pvp

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Some of you may be Archmage already, I'm having problems with my Balance wiz (Technical problems, not any defeating boss stuff!), so, I just wanted to know, how fair is it to pvp at that level? Are the spells more powerful then ever? Did you find yourself surviving a lot more spells? Are you having a hard time as a certain school and you were never bad before? So that's my question, how is Archmage pvp?

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
joujou11cool wrote:
Some of you may be Archmage already, I'm having problems with my Balance wiz (Technical problems, not any defeating boss stuff!), so, I just wanted to know, how fair is it to pvp at that level? Are the spells more powerful then ever? Did you find yourself surviving a lot more spells? Are you having a hard time as a certain school and you were never bad before? So that's my question, how is Archmage pvp?

For storm we now can break all your blades and heal, thats a big advantage to storm in pvp now, watch out. And yes it's very easy now.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
It's also awesome for us life wizards with the new Guardian Spirit. I'm sure death wizards are having plenty of fun with the new Bad JuJu spell that puts a -90% weakness on you. It's about time these 3 schools got good PvP spells.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Yes, I am sure the life wizards are LOVING the new guardian sprite spell because they load their decks with it, and you can kill them 1 million times and they don't hit you once, they just heal and come back from the dead..

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
and NO, death wizards AREN'T having fun with their new spell bad juju. A spell that gives a -90 weakness while taking 300 damage?? Then it can just be wanded off like nothing?? I know if you think it's so wonderful, how about death and life switch spells? Everyone was so worried about bad juju being spammed, but it's not a great spell period. I wouldn't spam a spell that does damage to me, but I sure would spam one that let me live forever.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Oh archmage PvP is horrible with those new overpowered spells. Only people I don't really have to watch out is fire myth and ice. Even though storm has enfeeble now they're still pretty weak enough for me to defeat ( health wise ). Yes I use guardian spirit and yes it is overpowered it makes PvP a breeze for life idk what KI was thinking,

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
joujou11cool,

This is just my opinion...

Myth, spells don't really make a lot of change.
Ice, spells helpful against certain wizards like Balance.
Death, spells are only good if going first, a waste if second.
Fire, spells are very useful, if using heckhound and it goes critical.
Storm, spell is very useful to remove blades and stay alive. (very needed).

Balance spells are conditional, for Super nova you have to have an aura up, or it does nothing and waste pips. For Mana burn it only takes the end pips, which are mainly white while doing 80 per pip. Useful if First, could be a huge waste if second. If you don't hit when the opponent has 7 pips or more, you just wasted pips.

Life, you get to come back to life and heal for 2000 to 4000 depending on if it's a critical or not. Absurb, and should not be allowed in PvP at all, unless changed.
If this goes to a treasure card, then PvP will turn empty, and anyone smart will quit. Without PvP, this game would turn boring in time, and I think many would leave.

Joe.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
Pretty good, with the backdraft spell i am winning the arena. And the detonate is also helping. I almost died and my D.O.T would kill the opponent, but then i had to wait one turn so i use detonate and boom he lost before he had a chance to leviathan me. - Daniel ashflame level 80 pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009